Final

Sparkle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Earth. The place where human live. It used to be so green, until global warming came and bit by bit, it slowly starts to change. It’s only matter of time until apocalypse. When will human realizes their mistake? But if they come to realize, it will be too late.

Above them was the Angel palace-Place where Angels live. Their task was simple; to help human in need. Usually, human would call it miracle.

“Guard, extract her wing and immediately send her to earth” The Angel Protector demanded while looking at Xyva. She was the brightest of all Angel, there’s no chance she would do something against the rule. But yet there she was, looking fragile after her power and wings were extracted. She killed her own brother for no obvious reason.

“Xyva Angius. I as the the Angel Protector sentenced you to earth” Then, she was thrown to the portal. All of the Angles watched the trial. They lost a great sister.

 

She woke up in an unfamiliar surroundings. Moist dirt beneath and green trees above. Forest. Out of all place, she woke up in a forest. Anything could happen, being attacked by animals or perhaps she will be dead because lack of food. She stood up and realized something was missing. Her wings. Her dearest wings were being taken because of something she didn’t do. How gracious.

She lost her brother, that means she’s the last of her family. If she’s dead, the Angius bloodline would be extinct and there’s nothing she can do to stop that.

She has been walking for few hours, hoping to find civilians that would help her. Her body has few scratches because of walking near thorns. Unfortunately, only the darkness of forest that greet her. Her hope was getting thinner but didn’t know how there’s a cabin in the middle of the forest. She can see the dimming light that came from the inside of the cabin.

She knocked on the door several times. Moments later, a young man opened the door. Brown haired boy with innocent appearance. But she didn’t remember anything after that.

She woke up again in another unfamiliar surroundings but right now, it’s something fluffy beneath her. She rose up from the place she’s sleeping. One thing she noticed, she’s in a bedroom.

The door suddenly  opened, revealing the same man she met when she knocked on the cabin’s door.

“Oh, you’re awake” He walked closer with a tray of food on his hands. He put it on the table beside the bed and helped Xyva to sit properly.

“You passed out after knocking on the front door” Mark explained, as if he knew Xyva was confused.

“I didn’t do anything, the only thing I did was putting you on the bed and covered you in blanket. I also cleaned up the wound on your hands”

She looked down to her hand, it was being covered with band-aid. She looked up again to saw Mark sitting beside her on the bed.

“You are still weak. Do you want me to feed you? I’m not good in cooking but I tried my best” Mark said.

“I-I-I can eat by myself” Xyva said with red cheeks.

“I’ll leave you alone then” Mark stood up and leave her.

Days when on like that. Xyva adjusted with human life. She never told Mark what she really was. She made up a story about she was kidnapped and then dumped on the forest. Mark never asked her to leave and he let her stay. Xyva would do the house chores and cooked for both of them.

Each of them kept a secret than each one didn’t want to acknowledge. Mark would go to town every single day except Saturday and Sunday. He would go at 8 AM and came back aroung 5 PM. Most of the time, he would be in his room or on the forest walking. They rarely talked to each other, only on the dining table or if Xyva told that Mark need to buy groceries.

Most of the time, Xyva would be painting in her room. It was a simple request to Mark and he came back with blank canvas along with painting supplies. He also would buy new canvas if she ran out of them.

Privacy was everything in the house. Mark never entered to the room she was staying since the last time she brought her in. He has never saw any of her paintings. Same goes to Xyva. She never entered Mark’s bedroom.

One night, both of them reveal each other identity.

Mark was being hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter