Final

Rhapsody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P.S: Irene, Jungkook and Vernon are all the same age in this.

"Love is not over." Vernon and Irene said in a rap tone, slowly and smoothly. It was an addition line for their collaboration song and all the recording was finished. Irene smiled and took her headphones off before smiling at the producers and composers and bowing to them. She looked at Vernon standing beside her and bowed along with a smile. The male rapper smiled and bowed to her as well, patting her shoulder.

"You did great." Vernon said.

"You too." Irene replied and she and Vernon exit the recording studio before thanking the team for what they've completed.

"Wanna grab a drink with me?" Vernon asked Irene once they were away from everyone else.

"What about the photo shoot, it's in a few hours isn't it?" Irene asked, she was up for the drink with Vernon but the photo shoot was still there for the album package.

"You did mention a few hours, Irene, come on, a little drink won't hurt." Vernon said cooly and looked at her with an arched eyebrow.

"Okay then, fine," Irene shrugged reluctantly and walked with Vernon towards the closest coffee shop there. Irene personally met Vernon two months ago when their managers first told the two rappers that Verbal Jint wanted them to rap to the song he had recently composed and produced, and so, through Verbal Jint and his writing, Irene and Vernon met at Verbal Jint's studio. Irene, from Red Velvet and Vernon, from SEVENTEEN, they had been close friends since two months ago and they got along very well quickly. And it was easy for Irene to say that she did see Vernon attractive, and vice versa.

"Won't we get caught or something?" Irene asked Vernon as they walked towards the cafe.

Vernon shrugged. "It should be okay, it's morning and a weekday, students should be in school," he said and both of them entered the cafe.

"Welcome to Coffee Bean, may I take your orders please," said the woman at the counter without hesitation, she didn't seem to faze at the presence of the two celebrities. The cafe was empty except for one guy who was using his laptop with a coffee by his side.

"Can I have an Iced Coffee and and Iced Latte please," Irene said, after being friends with Vernon, she already knew that he liked Iced Coffee the most from Coffee Bean.

"That would be fifteen-thousand won," the lady at the cashier said and Vernon paid with his money. "It will be ready in five minutes," they then took their seat away from the other customer and Vernon's lips twitched into an amused grin when he looked at Irene.

"I don't think she knows us," he said.

Irene nodded. "Right? Neither do I think that guy there knows us," she said. "We're not famous," she faked a sob, Vernon chuckled, appreciating her cuteness. " Should I ask Jungkook to join us, he lives near here, I think," she suggested, Jungkook from BTS was also part of the collaboration song, with his soft and mellow vocals, he did the singing part and some raps as well.

"You should," replied Vernon and Irene took her phone out to call Jungkook.

After a minute, she put her phone away. "He's coming," she said. "The photo shoot is for the album right?" Vernon nodded. "Jungkook's part of it as well, right?"

"Should be, yeah," Vernon said. "He's not featured, he's part of it, so yeah, he should be part of it. "And we're gonna do that at the Han River,"

"Really?" Vernon nodded, Irene didn't seem to know. Their drinks came and so did Jungkook. "Oh, and can I get one Iced Caramel Macchiato, please," Irene quickly said to the waitress, she smiled with a nod. Jungkook took the empty seat, there was a mask covering his face.

"Where are your masks?" he said with a horrified look on his face, seen by his eyes. "......ah... right, it's morning still and students are all at school.. right," he said and took his mask off. Irene smiled and Vernon's lips twitched. "Recording's all done?" Irene nodded. "There's only the cover now isn't it? At Han River,"

"Why is it that you two know but I don't know about these stuff?" Irene argued, Jungkook's drink came.

"Directors and Producers don't like you, Irene," Jungkook cheekily said.

"Excuse me?" Irene deadpanned him and took a sip of his drink before he could. "They don't like you guys, so they give away the news and they want to surprise me, that's more like it," the two guys lightly scoffed before her.

"As if," they both said, Irene grinned and took her sips of her drink. "Have both of you heard the final result already?" she asked.

"Of course," Vernon said. "Why? You haven't?"

Irene shook her head. "See, they always want to surprise me," she said smugly.

"It's not like that Joohyun, they just keep on forgetting about you," Jungkook said with a laugh, Irene glared at him.

"What if it rains today?" Vernon suddenly said.

"Don't jinx it, Hansol," Irene told him firmly.

He put his hands up in surrender, laughing, his eyes turning into crescents that Irene really liked. "I'm just saying,"

"We have to do it inside, but the weather forecast said it isn't gonna rain," Jungkook said. "You know, there should be a name for the three of us," he said with an excited glint in his eyes. "Don't you think so,"

"Maybe you should get an English name," Irene said.

"Nah... it will always be Jungkook, it's been six years since I've debuted, why bother," Jungkook responded.

"What about Rhapsody?" Vernon said the last word in English. Jungkook and Irene looked at him with confused expressions on the faces. "It means an abstract piece of music that expresses powerful feelings," he told them after remembering what Joshua told him. "We love music, we're musicians, what do you think?"

"I like it," Jungkook said. "Rhapsody," he mumbled the word.

"You're saying as if we're gonna do another collaboration in the future," Irene said.

Vernon looked at her with the curl of the lips. "And what if we do?" he said. 

"Alright, alright, Rhapsody it is," Irene loss. "Let's take a selca first," she said and moved her chair to sit in between Jungkook and Vernon. "When's the song gonna be released, again?" she asked.

"Next week Joohyun, imprint it in your head," Jungkook said. Irene almost laughed at his way of explaining.

"Okay, one...two...three!" Irene smiled at the camera, Vernon  on her right did a "V" sign and barely smiling as if to show swag, Jungkook on her left looked like he was going to eat Irene, all their head we're close to each other, especially Vernon and Irene's. "You know that I'm gonna post this on my Instagram, Jungkook,"

"Sure, and like, you should do hashtag Rhapsody in English," he told her.

"I was thinking about that actually," Irene said, the three of them smiled.

-

"Okay! Just walk casually and be casual like you're on your daily stroll!" the director loudly said for Irene, Vernon and Jungkook to hear. "Jungkook-ssi! Put your arms around their shoulders, act as if you are close friends! I know you guys already are!" the three of them grinned. Jungkook did as told and it was all smiles at the Han River in process of making the album cover. The concept was easy and cliche, unrequited love, all of them we're in an unrequited love position, but the song delivered the messaged that there was still hope, hence the smiling and relaxed expressions.

"It seems like we're doing this for a drama cover." Vernon said.

"I highly agree Hansol," Irene responded.

"And what if it is?" Jungkook said with the wiggle of his eyebrows that Vernon and Irene sensed.

"As if," Irene and Vernon said at the same time, both of them knew about Jungkook's desire to act in a drama or a film, they felt sorry for him because after six years of being an idol, he still have not gotten an offer. It wasn't hard to say that he was actually quite a good actor, especially if you see him in his dramatic music video's.

"Okay! Stop right there!" the director said loudly. "Jungkook, you look to the front! Irene you look to your right while Vernon, I want you to look to your left, try to fill yourself with the emotions!" Irene knew this was coming and she wasn't good at putting sad emotions on her face, she wasn't good at acting, nor was Vernon, Vernon was more of the type to be able to play a sly role in acting. "And we are done!"

Jungkook removed his arms away from his friend's shoulders and hugged them after. "We've worked hard," he said and patted their backs.

"You too," Irene said and looked at them. "How about dinner at my dorm tonight? Wendy's gonna bake a cake I think," she suggested.

"I'm in," Vernon said and he patted their backs. "And I think we should part now," he said, making Jungkook and Irene laugh. The three of them looked at the staff and bowed deeply along with a thank you, they also thanked Verbal Jint personally. "Jungkook, you in?" Vernon asked.

"Sure, Tae Hyung's gonna come once he knows about this Joohyun, is that alright?" Irene nodded with a smile. "Okay, see you tonight!" Jungkook waved a goodbye and went into his van to deal with his other schedules. It was down to Irene and Vernon.

Vernon looked at Irene. "Do you wanna watch the music video?" he asked and she nodded right away. "We'll go to my down, I have the file actually, you're not busy are you?" he asked.

"Nope, this was my last," Irene said and they went to SEVENTEEN's dorm in the group van. Once Irene took her seat beside Vernon at the second row, she asked him a question. "What's the music video like?"

"Like how we filmed it," Vernon told her with a cheeky grin.

Irene rolled her eyes. "Be specific, Hansol,"

"You'll see, Joohyun, and you know, Seungcheol Hyung will be so thrilled to see you again," Vernon chuckled. S.Coups was Irene's biggest fanboy.

-

"It's Bae Irene in the house!" S.Coups rapped loudly when he saw Irene coming in their dorm, the girl gave him a hug.

"Hi, Seungcheol Oppa," Irene said with a polite smile.

"How was the shoot?" S.Coups asked, also known as Seungcheol.

"Jungkook said that it felt like it was for a drama, his talk about that never stops, like literally, never stops," Vernon responded. "Where's my USB Hyung?" Ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter