1/1

Pencils and Erasers

It's Jungkook's first day for his elementary school. And he already hates it. A lot. Because his hyung always said that big boys are scary. His mommy said that his hyung was lying but he doesn't believe his mother.

Since Jungkook is shy around people, he doesn't really talk to other people except his parents, his hyung and Mr. Potato (his teddy bear that he named "Mr. Potato" since he likes french fries).

"M-mommy, can I stay home? I don't want to go to school." Jungkook looked at his mom with his cute big eyes. "But Kookie, you will find more friends when you go there!" Mrs. Jeon smiles at her son's cuteness as she tried to put Jungkook down to the ground but little Jungkookie would never let his mom go. 

"But Kookie don't want friends! Kookie have Mr. Potato!" Jungkook whines as he holds his mother tighter as he begins to tear up a little bit. Then a boy, looking older than Jungkook, walks towards them and looks at Jungkook.

"Why is he crying, ma'am?" The little boy asks Mrs. Jeon with a grin on his face. "He doesn't want to go to his class." Mrs. Jeon smiles as she tried to put Jungkook down again, making the boy whine louder.

"Oh, I was like that when I first entered this school but school is fun! I'm Taehyung and what is his name?" The said boy smiles as he tries to reach for Jungkook. "His name is Jungkook." Mrs. Jeon smiles and Jungkook turns look at the older.

"Mom, let me down." Jungkook mumbles as he keeps staring at Taehyung. Mrs. Jeon smiles wider and let Jungkook stand beside Taehyung. "You are so cute!" Taehyung squeals as he cupped Jungkook's cheeks.

"Mommy!" Jungkook was a bit suprised by Taehyung and he hides behind his mommy's legs. "Uh oh...what did I do?" Taehyung pouts, a bit dissapointed at the boy's reaction. Jungkook looked at Taehyung's expression and pouts as well. "You!" Jungkook pointed at Taehyung. "I don't like you."

"Eh???!" Taehyung's eyes widen, gasping in suprise. "But I'm cute....why don't you like me?" Mrs. Jeon laughed and pulled Taehyung closer. "Kookie is shy. He likes you." Mrs. Jeon's words makes Taehyung happy but not Jungkook. Jungkook whines as his cheeks turns to a shade of pink. "Kookie, did you wear blush-on?" Taehyung smiles as he reached for Jungkook's cheeks. "N-no. I didn't." The younger pouts as Taehyung caressed his cheeks.

"Mommy has gotta go, Kookie." Mrs. Jeon smiles as she kissed Jungkook's forehead. "Bubye mommy!" Jungkook waves at his mom as his mom walks away. "So hyung, where is class 1-1?" Jungkook turns to Taehyung, tugging on his sleeves. "Oh! I know where is it. Follow me." Taehyung grins as he holds Jungkook's hands tightly. 

"H-hyung?" Jungkook's cheeks turns red as he looked at their linked hands. "Yes, Kookie?~" Taehyung hums softly as he keeps looking for Jungkook's class. "You must be a good boy since you got into the first class." Taehyung stops in front of a class that labeled as 1-1 in front of the door. "Does 1-1 mean good class?" Jungkook look at his hyung with a hint of curiousity in his eyes. "Uhmm I don't know...but one mean first, right?" Taehyung grins widely as he pats the younger's hair. "I need to go to class now, bye bye!" Taehyung waved him a goodbye and walk to his own class.

"Let's face this, Jeon Jungkook. You can do this." Jungkook thought as he tried to stop himself from crying for his mother and his mr. Potato. He opens the door and was greeted by some kids that he saw from the playground near his house. 

"Hello, I'm Jeon Jungkook." He bows since his mommy said that it is polite to do so when introducing himself. A group of girls look at Jungkook and walks towards him. "You are so cute!" Said one of the girl and Jungkook didn't like it at all. "Okay guys, since it's your first day, choose your seat!" Suddenly the front door opened and their homeroom teacher entered the class. "Hello! I'm Mr. Kim Seokjin, your teacher! You can call me Mr. Kim or Mr. Seokjin" 

Jungkook looks at his homeroom teacher. "Mr. Kim, you are handsome." Jungkook mumbles softly as he sat on the front row which close to the window. Mr. Kim blushes as he looked at Jungkook. "Thank you-?" "I'm Jeon Jungkook."

Mr. Kim smiles. Jeon Jungkook. He's cute. 

 

***

 

During break time, Jungkook is the only one in his who doesn't go anywhere but only sit on his seat, eating some sandwiches that his mom packed for him. For Jungkook, his mommy's foods are the best. "Jungkook!" A wild Taehyung with face full with paint suddenly appeared at the front door, startling the younger one. "Hi hello! I can't find you at the cafeteria so I thought you will be here! And here you are."

"Why are you searching for me?" Jungkook mumbles softly as he continue eating his sandwich. "I missed my friend, of course!" Taehyung sat on the chair beside Jungkook. "I'm not your friend. Kookie doesn't need a friend"

Taehyung gasps in suprise as he look at Jungkook. "You don't have a friend? But why?" He pouts. "But everyone needs friend. Everyone in my class is my friends!"

"Friends can betray you." Jungkook sighs softly. "I read it from mommy's book." Taehyung blinks as he stares at Jungkook weirdly. "Jungkookie, you are weird. Friends are not like that. Friends are kind. They help you with homeworks, shae foods and hug each other." Taehyung tries to hug Jungkook but Jungkook slightly pushed him away. "And oh, I was searching for you to give a lollipop. My teacher gave it to me because I was such a good boy." Taehyung put the lollipop on Jungkook's table. "I need to go now because I'm on a mission! Bye bye Jungkookie." Taehyung smiles as ge walks out from the class room.

Jungkook took the lollipop and opened the wrapper. "Strawberry!" Jungkook giggles softly as he popped the lollipop into his mouth.

 

***

 

 "Mommy!" Jungkook grins as he hugged his mommy after he got home from school. "Finally, I'm home."

His mother laughs as she carries Jungkook into her arms. "How's school?"

"School is fun but Taetae hyung is weird!" Jungkook snuggles into his mother chest. "You called him Taetae? And why is he weird?" 

"Because he held my hand and called me his friend." Jungkook mumbles slowly

"But isn't that a good thing? He considered you as his friend, your first friend since you got to school!" His mother says happily as her son finally has a friend.

Jungkook on the other hand, shakes his head and snuggles even closer on his mom's chest. "But I don't need friends! I have Mr. Potato! That's enough for Kookie."

Jungkook's mom giggled softly and places her son down, fixing his hair as she smiles warmly and lovingly towards his son. "Jungkook-ah, one day you'll grow up to be lonely and boring, and mommy doesn't like that, mommy wants his baby boy to have plenty of friends so that everytime he comes back home, I will see a big smile on his face. I'm sure Mr. Potato also doesn't want you not having friends besides him, I mean, Mr. Potato told me this morning that you need to have many friends." Jungkook's mom leans in to give her son a kiss on the forehead.

Jungkook pouts after hearing his mom and nods. "Alright mommy, kookie will have plenty of friends so that mommy will be happy..." He says as he gives his mom a tight hug, snuggling on her neck

"That's my baby boy~" His mom praises his son and hugs him back, carrying him on her arms as she walks to the stove and resume stirring her famous beef stew that Jungkook really likes. "Now, mommy will continue cooking your favorite beef stew and you can watch me." She says as Jungkook immediately has his attention towards the stew, his lips forming a wide smile as he claps his hands. "YAAY!!! ~~~" Jungkook exclaims happily.

 

***

 

It's Jungkook's second day of school and now he gets dropped off on the gate. "Bye mommy! I love you!!!!" Jungkook grins widely and waves his hand, bidding his mother goodbye. "Bye kookie, make sure to make friends! And don't forget taetae." Jungkook's mom responds to his goodbye as she earns a nod from Jungkook.

"Alright Jungkook, you can do this again, just like yesterday." Jungkook nods and says to himself, walking in the gates that leads him to the hallway, holding his backpack straps that's on his arms. Suddenly, Taehyung jumps in front of him, surprising Jungkook. "Ahhh!!!" Jungkook jumps and shouts slightly, gaining a clueless Taehyung. "What's wrong?" Taehyung asked. "What's wrong? You scared me!" The younger says as he fixes his hair. "Me? I did?" Taehyung points to himself and mumbles slightly, scratching his head a little. "Yes you." Jungkook nodded and puffed his cheeks cutely. Taehyung could only blink and shrug it off, noticing that Jungkook's cheek are puffed, he suddenly becomes mesmerized, eyes locked on the cute, slightly angry little Jungkook.

"H-hyung?" Jungkook tries to grab Taehyung's attention as he noticed him staring. "T-taehyung-hyung...." Jungkook said again. Taehyung couldn't seem to stop staring at Jungkook, his slight pink cheeks, small nose, everything seemed so nice. "TAEHYUNG-HYUNG!" The young latter shouted suddenly, causing Taehyung to blink in surprise and gets taken back to reality. "O-oh!" Taehyung says, earning a slight frown from Jungkook. "It's almost time, let's go to our own classrooms!" Jungkook says as he grabs Taehyung's wrist, pulling him in the process while running, causing Taehyung to stumble a bit and fix his glasses. "Y-yah! Slow down!"

 

***

 

"Jungkook! Why don't you come up here and answer the last problem before we take our lunch break, hm?" Mr. Kim called the younger as he smiles at him, making Jungkook blush unknowingly. "S-sure Mr. Kim..." Jungkook stood up and took the marker from the teacher, looking at the math problem written on the board.

"2 + 8 =" Jungkook said mentally, biting his lower lip as he counts his fingers. "7.. 8.. 9.. 10! The answer is 10!" He smiles widely as he got the answer, tiptoeing a little as he writes the two digit numbers on the board beside the equals sign. "One and zero. There we go!"

"Very good Jungkook! For answering that right, you get two points." Mr. Kim says enthusiastically as he writes down Jungkook's points on the student's scoreboard. Jungkook smiles widely at his accomplishment and giggles, walking back towards his chair as Mr. Kim dismisses the class for lunch, just two minutes before the ring bells.

"Maybe I should go and eat in the cafeteria, I wanna try for once..." Jungkook thought as he nods, standing up from his chair and pushes it back slowly, taking his lunch box with him as he walks out the classroom door and walks to the cafeteria. As Jungkook enters the cafeteria, his eyes widen in amazement, the smell of food lingers around. "Woahhhhhh ~" Jungkook says with amusement on his tone, looking around as he finds a table, spotting an empty one right beside the window. He places his lunch box on the table once he was able to sit down, opening it as he sees his favorite beef stew and rice, putting it on the table as he starts digging in.

"So you are in the cafeteria!" A mysterious yet familiar voice rings on Jungkook's ear, looking up as he sees Taehyung with his wide grin. "Ah yeah.. I just wanted to try eating here for once.." Jungkook replies back with a soft tone. "Well, I eat here sometimes, and sometimes in the classroom. It's nice here right?" Taehyung says as he places his lunch box on the table, sitting down in front of Jungkook, opening his lunch box as he claps his hands. "Yes! It's Beef curry, my favorite!" He exclaims as took his chopsticks and grabbed a piece of meat, placing it in his mouth as he chews it happily. Jungkook on the other hand, looks at Taehyung, blinking at his sudden happiness about his food. All of a sudden, he feels a weird sensation that he never felt before, a very happy sensation as he sees a happy Taehyung, his cute fake round glasses, his slight curly hair, and his box shape smile. Jungkook admired Taehyung, his cute ramblings and his very happy aura, he's like an alien, a very very weird alien, and not one of those scary aliens, but Taehyung is a different kind of alien, from happy land!

"Jungkookie? ~ Are you there?" Taehyung asks the younger one as he noticed the other staring at him with his chopsticks on the rice.

"Yeah.. I'm here.." Jungkook was quick to go back to reality and answer Taehyung, looking down with a blush as he takes a cube of rice, popping it in his mouth. "Good! Because after you eat we'll have 30 minutes left, and I will introduce you to my friends so you could have lots of friends! Besides, I'm your very first friend in this school, and as being your first friend, I will introduce you to many more kids so you will not be lonely." Taehyung says in a happy tone, eating his beef curry while grinning widely at Jungkook.

"Oh..." Was all Jungkook could say with a little more blush. This time, the weird sensation has only increased, the hearbeat of Jungkook beated fast, making it Jungkook wonder. The young latter looked up and noticed Taehyung grinning widely, causing himself to smile and flutter at the sight. "I-is this what they say crush?" Jungkook asked himself as he kept feeling the weird sensation that's been lingering on his body, his heart beating fast, and face getting flustered at his hyung's box smile.

"Yeah.. I guess this is what you call crush.. I finally have a crush... My first crush.." Jungkook said it all in his mind, causing him to smile and giggle lowly, finishing his food and place all the utencils back on the lunch box, standing up as he walks out the cafeteria with his very first crush, Kim Taehyung.