Wine and Cheese

Twenty-nine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                 Ryeowook punched the key code on their door carefully, mind still a little bit hazy because of all his recent activities. The KRY tour’s really taking it’s toll on him and probably Kyuhyun and Yesung too. All those singing, and in his case dancing Tsukemastukeru, can be physically taxing. He even have to do radio as soon as was back in Korea.

                 When Ryeowook went inside, he didn’t bother to open the lights. He huffed as he kicked his shoes on the side to change into his fluffy house slippers. He knew he would be alone in the apartment since Donghae was still out of the country with Eunhyuk. He wondered if Kyuhyun’s already asleep downstairs. He thought of calling him but he figured he must be really tired from his Nami Island gig and he needed rest too.  He was a little bit melancholic about the fact that he would probably be spending the eve of his birthday alone. It was a far cry from the days when everyone still had the time to surprise everyone and cake them on the eve of their birthdays.

                 Ryeowook let out a sigh. Everyone’s indeed growing up and moving on with their lives, including him. He was in the middle of relishing in his sentiments when he felt two hands covering his eyes. His first impulse was to panic and thrash around or kick who ever it was doing this. It could have been a crazy fan, a creepy stalker or a burglar who passed the building security undetected

                A chaste kiss fell on his left cheek and he knew who it was. He won’t mistake the feel of those lips on his skin for anybody.

              “Yah! You scared me!” Ryeowook screamed as he tried to elbow the man behind him on his stomach.

              “No..you're not! You even let this assailant kiss your cheek!” Kyuhyun chuckled as he prodded Ryeowook forward to the direction of the kitchen.

               “I knew it was you! You smell!”  Ryeowook giggled as he moved forward with Kyuhyun’s guidance. His heart was beating furiously on his chest in anticipation. Kyuhyun was never the one to initiate this kind of surprises, so even though they are almost 5 years into their relationship, he can’t help but still feel a little giddy.

              “No I don’t! I just showered!”  Kyuhyun answered back.

               They both did a few more steps forward until they reached the dining table.  Kyuhyun removed his hands from Ryeowook’s eyes and in front of them was a simple white caked topped with fruits with a small lighted candle in the middle. 

                Ryeowook smiled when he felt Kyuhyun’s arms around his waist.  He carefully intertwined their hands resting on his stomach. Kyuhyun started singing…

 

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

sarang ha neun my ryeonggu…

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

 

                  Ryeowook reached forward to blow his candle without pulling himself away from Kyuhyun. The moment the light from the candle was gone the whole room was in total darkness aside from the moonlight seeping thru the blinds in the living room.

                   He turned to his side to face Kyuhyun who was beaming at him.

                  “Saranghae” Kyuhyun muttered and Ryeowook can’t hold his overflowing desire to feel connected. He reached in for the other’s lips and soon he was kissing Kyuhyun deeply, his hands making it’s way around the other’s neck. His heart was b with too much happiness that the love of his life was here to celebrate his birthday with him.  He won’t lie that the little element of surprise and the effort that came with it made it more wonderful. 

                   Kyuhyun was the first one to pull away and he ended their kiss with a brief peck on Ryeowook’s forehead. The smaller one closed his eyes as he pulled Kyuhyun closer to him, his arms now around the other’s waist.

                   “Thank you...” Ryeowook buried his face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter