My Happiness Producer

My Happiness Producer (ONE SHOT STORY)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was another shooting day for Jong Kook for his first drama ‘The Producer’. After being in the industry for a long time, he finally decided to try his skills in acting. And because his good friend Cha Tae-hyun was also the main actor in the drama, it makes it easier for him to give his green light.

It was the other way around for his wife, Ji-hyo. The first time he approached her about this offer, Ji-hyo seems doubtful to approve. Not because she thought her husband couldn’t act, but because she’s not ready to imagine her husband being surrounded by any actresses, what else to imagine he won’t be at home most of the time because of the shooting. They already have commitment with the Running Man shooting, not to forget Jong Kook is also the MC for the show Fashion King – Secret Box which already took some times from her and their daughter. And now, with the drama, he will have lesser time at home.

However, in the end, Ji-hyo still allowed her husband to accept the job since she’s also curious to see his acting skills. Beside, Jong Kook had been her number one supporter in acting so why can’t she do the same? Jong Kook even let her to go thru the script to ensure her that the drama is not a lovey dovey drama like what she used to act.

While getting ready for his scene, his co-actress Ye Ji-won arrived and greeted him.

“Jong Kook ah, I’m looking forward to work with you for our scene today,” Ji-won said in smiles.

“Ohh, noona. Yeah, I’m looking forward too since this is the first time we are acting together,” Jong Kook replied.

“Aish, don’t call me noona. Just call me, Ji-won. Or maybe, yeobo?” Ji-won teased.

“Ahahaha! You are very funny, noona,” Jong Kook tried to cover up from blushing.

“Yah Ji-won noona! Stop flirting with a married man, will you?” Cha Tae Hyun interrupted.

“Yah! I’m just trying to make it less awkward with him since we’re gonna have an intimate scene today,” Ji-won told Tae Hyun and smiles seductively at Jong Kook.

“Mwuh.....mwuh rah goo?” Jong Kook asked for assurance.

“Aigoo!! Don’t act so surprise, Jong Kook ah. I’m looking forward too for our kissing scene,” Ji-won replied happily. “Anyway, I’m going to brush my teeth first. I’ll see you later, jagiya,” she added and winked at Jong Kook before walking away.

“Kissing scene?” Jong Kook asked himself. He didn’t remember he ever comes across that part in the script. “Tae-hyun ah, you know about this?”

“No! I just read my part in the script. Aish, don’t worry too much. I’m sure it’s not as bad as it sound. Besides, Ji-hyo is an actress and had been doing this kind of scene. She will surely understand it,” Tae-hyun tried to calm Jong Kook and left.

Gap Jin came and sits next to Jong Kook.

“Hyung, you okay?” he asked.

“Gap Jin ah, did you know that I’ll be having kissing scene in this drama?” Jong Kook asked while flipping the pages of his script.

“Err...no, hyung. The script is too thick and you know I hate reading. Hehe....”

“Gap Jin ah, I’m dead if Ji-hyo knows about this.”

“Well, there’s no way you can hide it from her, hyung.”

“I know. What should I do then?” Jong Kook asked for Gap Jin’s opinion.

“Let’s try to see what the director wants and ask him if you could avoid that kind of scene. You know, sometimes, they can use camera trick to make it look real.”

“Yeah! Yeah you’re right. I’ll try to talk with the director,” Jong Kook said, a bit relieved with Gap Jin’s idea.

But regretfully, the Director explained to Jong Kook the importance of the kissing scene of him and Ye Ji-won which means he cannot avoid it. It was also his mistakes for missing that scene in the script when he roughly goes thru it.

 

After finishing the drama, Gap Jin sends him home. He was greeted by his lovely daughter Jin-kyung who runs towards him.

“Appaaaaa!!” she shouted.

“Heyyyy beautiful!” Jong Kook replied while lifting his baby to his chest. “How are you doing today? Are you being a good girl?”

Jin-kyung nodded.

“Are you being naughty and gave trouble to umma?”

Jin-kyung shook her head. “A-ni!” the baby answered.

“Hahaha! Jinja? Aigoo! No wonder appa loves you so much, darling. Where’s umma?”

“Umma...there.....” Jin-kyung pointed to the kitchen.

“Oh...Is she cooking?”

Jin-kyung shrugged her shoulders. “Umma....cook....bad....” Jin-kyung told her appa.

“Hahaha! Yah! You better don’t let her hear that. Or she’ll make you starve the whole month. Come on, let’s go to her.”

When they reach outside the kitchen, Jong Kook gives sign to Jin-kyung to keep quiet to surprise Ji-hyo. Jin-kyung nodded in agreement but before they walk in, Jin-kyung already screamed at her mother.

“Ummaaaaaaa!!!” she shouted.

Ji-hyo turns around shockingly thinking that maybe something happen to her daughter.

“Oh my God! Jin-kyung ah, you scared the out of me!” Ji-hyo said while rubbing her chest to calm herself.

“Yah! Language!” Jong Kook reminded his wife.

“Woopss!! Sorry! Oh, you’re back!” Ji-hyo greeted her husband with still wearing her apron.

“N-neh! What are you doing?”

“I’m trying to cook something for you but....it’s not ready yet...”

“Ahhh...It’s okay...I’ll just go and shower first while you finish your cooking okay?”

“Hmm...okay...”

Jong Kook turns to walk out from the kitchen but being stopped by his wife.

“Yah! Where’s my kiss?” Ji-hyo asked. It has been usual for her or Jong Kook to greet each other with kisses when they come back from their work.

“Oh....ermmm...I’m sweaty....and stinky...I’ll shower first then I’ll kiss you okay?” Jong Kook avoided Ji-hyo’s request, feeling guilty for the kissing scene he had done that day.

“Hmm….okay….”

Jong Kook put down Jin-kyung and walks up to his bedroom to clean himself.

 

Later, all three of them have their dinner at home. Jin-kyung has it more on her clothes than inside .

“Jin-kyung ah, why was the food more on your clothes than in your mouth?” Ji-hyo asked her daughter in smiles.

But Jin-kyung just smiles back while having her pasta.

“She’s adorable isn’t she?” Jong Kook asked.

“Of course! Look how pretty is her mother….right Jin-kyung?”

“N-neh!” Jin-kyung answered.

“Ahh…Now her mother claimed that she’s pretty. But during her pregnancy, she’s been whining about being fat and ugly and heavy that she’s afraid her husband will not love her anymore,” Jong Kook said, teases Ji-hyo who is already pouting.

“How was your shooting today? Good?” Ji-hyo asked, changing the topic.

Jong Kook automatically stops munching his food.

“It was good…..I think….” Jong Kook gave simple answer.

“You think? Why? Since when ‘Mr Confident’ lost his confidence hah?” Ji-hyo husband back and getting excited about it.

“Hey! It’s my first drama, okay? You can’t expect me to be so good like you.”

“Aigoo!! Appa is being sulky, Jin-kyung ah…..hehehe….” It’s Ji-hyo’s time to tease Jong Kook.

Jong Kook simply focus on his food pretended like he didn’t want to talk further about his shooting since he’s still feeling guilty at his wife.

“Is there…..any kissing scene today?” Ji-hyo teased again.

Jong Kook already chokes on his food and Ji-hyo quickly gets behind him patting his back to help him calm.

“What is wrong with you? It’s just a simple question……haishhh……Oh wait a second….There was a kissing scene wasn’t it? That’s why you are choking?” Ji-hyo asked with teasing face.

“Yah!! I’m choking because I’m surprised with your question. You know I hate it when you ask a question like that,” Jong Kook defended himself.

“Well it’s just a question. You don’t have to be that shocked! Huh! Still, you haven’t answered my question.”

“I think you know how tiring it is to act. And then to be bombarded with question like this, it really drained my energy……..……...I think I’m full………...” Jong Kook said emotionless then leave the dining table.

Ji-hyo was puzzled with what just happened. Jong Kook never acted that way especially when being teased. But now that he suddenly left the room, it makes Ji-hyo wonder if something is wrong during the shooting today.

“Omo! Is he really mad? Jin-kyung ah, is appa really angry with me?” Ji-hyo asked her daughter.

But Jin-kyung just showed a thumb up to her mother.

“Aishhhh!! You’re not helping either. Finish your food….” Ji-hyo said to her daughter before biting her own lips wondering about her husband.

After putting Jin-kyung to bed, Ji-hyo walks slowly to her bed where her husband already laid down with his back facing Ji-hyo. But Ji-hyo knows Jong Kook hasn’t sleep yet. She crawled slowly getting closer to her husband before sneaking her arms around his waist and her chin on Jong Kook’s neck.

“Are you really mad at me? I’m sorry…..” Ji-hyo apologized from her husband.

Jong Kook suddenly smiles with his eyes closed and wrap his hands on top of Ji-hyo’s on his waist.

“Mianhae, jagiya…I should have understood that you’re tired and you hate a question like that. Sorry, okay? I was just teasing you. I know I can trust you. You wouldn’t do anything like that right? Sorry that I tested your patience,” Jihyo kept apologizing.

But it only leads to much guiltier feelings inside Jong Kook. Jong Kook released Ji-hyo’s hands and turn to face his wife.

“Were you so afraid that I’m mad at you?” Jong Kook asked while removing Ji-hyo’s hairs from her face so that he can see her clearer.

“Of course! Because you never acted that way. I mean, for a simple thing like that, you suddenly leave the room….of course I’m scared….” Ji-hyo started pouting.

Jong Kook smiles again before lifted his head and kiss Ji-hyo’s face except her lips.

“I’m sorry, yeobo….I never thought it would be this tiring…This is probably gonna be the last drama I’m in…”

“Hahaha! Yah! You are not someone who will easily give up. It’s actually fun you know. Maybe because you’ve only did it for few scenes and you still couldn’t adapt with the surrounding that’s why you seems fed-up. But I’m sure as you end it, you’re gonna miss it and crave for another script.”

“Well, well, well….Now you seem excited that I’m being an actor….”

“Of course I’m excited. My husband is doing well in his career so I should be proud isn’t it?”

“Hahaha! You sure know how to sweet talk.”

“You know I’m a sweet person, that’s why you married me, remember?”

“Oh did I? I don’t know…I don’t really remember it…Can you remind me back?” Jong Kook teased.

Ji-hyo showed her pissed look and suddenly flick Jong Kook’s forehead.

“…..Auochhh!!......Yah! What was that for?” Jong Kook asked while rubbing his head.

“To make you remember of what you’ve forgotten,” Ji-hyo simply answered.

“Huh! You surely know how to punish people.”

“True! So don’t mess up with me,” Ji-hyo threatened which makes Jong Kook gulping.

“Ermm….I wonder if one day I acted in a kissing scene…Will I get a punishment for that?”

“I don’t know….Haven’t thought about that yet…But now that you’re asking, I will think about it.”

“Yah! Don’t be too mean. You have been kissing lots of guys before me okay?”

“Yeah, I admit that. But that was before I marry you. Now I don’t accept that kind of drama anymore. So you shouldn’t too. It’s our deal in acting, isn’t it?”

Once again Jong Kook was left blank. He really wants to spill out about the shooting on that day but with Ji-hyo’s words, he just didn’t know how to start. No, he didn’t even have the guts to tell her. At least not today.

 

The next day, Jong Kook went to SBS together with Ji-hyo and their baby for the shooting of Fashion King – Secret Box. Since Ji-hyo have free schedule, Jong Kook requested her to come along with their baby. Besides, that’s what they normally do when they were too busy. They will try their best to spend as much time as they can even if that means one of them need to come to the shooting scene.

When they walk into the building, most of their friends approached them and too mesmerized with their adorable child, Jin-kyung. Jin-kyung is like among the cutest baby within the Korean celebrity’s child. But she is shy whenever people approached her.

They went straight to Jong Kook’s changing room. But since the stylist and makeup artist are not ready yet for him, he used this time to spend with his baby and his wife on the sofa in the room.

“Jin-kyung ah, do you love me?” Jong Kook asked his baby on his lap facing him.

Jin-kyung nodded while running his fingers on his father’s chest. “N-neh!”

“Aigoo! My lovely daughter. Did you love appa more than umma?”

Jin-kyung nodded again without even realizing what she’s been asked. But still Jong Kook was happy with her answer which pissed Ji-hyo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter