I Miss You.

Midnight Conversation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum heaved a frustrated sigh for the umpteenth time that night. He's been trying to sleep for hours now but he just can't seem to find it.

He looked at the clock sitting on his bedside table making him more frustrated.

00:35 

His clock says in bold red numbers. It's been almost three freaking hours yet here he is, eyes still wide open, sleep won't even take him to dreamland.

He have done everything just to fall asleep yet none of those worked. He tried reading a book but reading just made him more awake. He tried listening to soft ballad music yet it didn't work. Tried counting sheep in his mind. Counting backwards and all those other whatnots he could think of but in the end, here he is, still fully awake.

And now, to his last resort. He can't think of anything else but to call his bestfriend boyfriend, Jonghyun. He haven't seen him the whole freaking day since he came to help his sister with stuffs. And he must say that he missed him already. How couldn't he when he's already used to the other's prescence ever since. Maybe hearing his voice can make him fall asleep.

It's has been almost a year since the two got together. Kibum can still remember how his best friend - now boyfriend, Jonghyun - confessed his love to him like it only happened yesterday. All those roses and letters he got while waiting for Jonghyun makes all the butterflies and bees roared like crazy inside his stomach. He still couldn't believe how he got to call Jonghyun his' now. That moment was so surreal to him. He didn't expect how Jonghyun also have the same feelings for him. All in all, it was the best night in Kibum's life.

He quickly grabbed his phone from his bedside table and dialed the number he knows by heart.

He put the device near his ear and waited till the person on the other end answer it.

First ring.. Second ring.. Third..

"Hello." A raspy voice answered.

"Hey Jjong.." Kibum greeted the other softly. Smiling to himself as he heard his lover's voice.

"Hmm.. Bummie? Something wrong?" Jonghyun asked on the other end, sleep lingering in his voice.

"I can't sleep." Kibum answered with a pout even though the other will not be able to see it. Because I miss you.

There was silence on the other end, few rustling sounds that Kibum assumed was Jonghyun trying to get up from his bed then he suddenly heard a chuckle.

"Ya Kim Jonghyun!" Kibum called the other, making the chuckle stop.

"Sorry Kibummie." he apologized. "What can I do for you then baby?" asked Jonghyun.

Kibum thought for a moment. He didn't know actually. He just can't think of any other things he could do so he resorted to calling the latter. And well, he just wanted to hear his voice thinking that maybe it can lull him to sleep.

"Just talk." Kibum answered. "Were you already sleeping?"

Jonghyun hummed on the other line. "Uhh.. Yes? Sort of. But it's fine."

Kibum's mouth formed an 'o' from Jonghyun's answer. "Oh. Sorry Jjong!"

"No.. No.. It's okay baby. Don't worry." Jonghyun dismissed making Kibum smile to himself. He could really depend on Jonghyun every time. "I should be the one sorry not calling you today. The whole day was hectic. Sodam-noona won't even let me hold my phone." the older added

"Are you sure?" Asked Kibum for assurance. "And I understand Jjong." he chuckled. He knew how strict his noona can be at times.

"Of course Bummie." Jonghyun said and Kibum can tell how the other is smiling on the other line. "So.. What do you want to talk about?"

"Uhm.." Kibum hummed, still not sure. "I don't know, really. Just talk." he told Jonghyun.

"About what?" Jonghyun asked.

"Just.. Just say something." Kibum answered.

"Something." Jonghyun told him making Kibum shake his head with a smile on his face.

"Seriously Jonghyun?" he asked.

"Seriously what?"

"You're an idiot!" Kibum told him, Jonghyun smiling on the other end.

"Ya! You told me to say something so I did!" Jonghyun defended himself.

"Aish~ I sometimes really wonder how you are my boyfriend." Kibum asked.

He heard some rustling sound over until Jonghyun talked again. "Let's see." Jonghyun started. "Uhm. I'm handsome, I'm cool, I'm hot. I gave you the best confession ever. You love me!" he said confidently.

"You're too full of yourself dino. Being humble is something good you know." he told the other.

"What?" Jonghyun questioned. "Aren't all those true?"

Kibum let out a sigh. Well of course. He loves everything about Jonghyun. "Oh shut up."

Jonghyun chuckled on the other line. "Yup. I love you too Bummie." he told the younger making Kibum blush by the sudden i love you. Good thing Jonghyun wasn't there to witness this. He didn't know why, but every single time the older let those words slipped from his m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter