final

Late Night Thoughts
Kihyun pondered what colour he should use for his now finished drawing. He scanned through his desk searching for colouring bottles.
 
Changkyun watched his friend from their shared room doorframe. He understand. Kihyun is always so busy with his school tasks. He approached Kihyun and putted his chin on his friend's broad shoulder.
 
"I want to talk with you but you looked busy with that," Changkyun pointed at the now half coloured drawing.
 
"Does your school always gave you homeworks everyday? And  it's no far from canvas work."
 
Kihyun sighed. He has two more canvas to colour but Changkyun is already being clingy to him, asking for attention. It's late night, probably around 11pm. They're both tired but still forcing to stand. Cold air breezing trough open window and the lunar light shining the city underneath. 
The older man decided to end working on his task. He's not an art obsessionist, but he understand it. 
 
It's almost midnight and Kihyun is hungry, totally hungry. He remembered when his mother used to yells at him to stop rumaging the fridge, searching for food. Yet until now, he still never listened to his mother's annoying blabber. He walked to the kitchen. His stomach screaming for food but his heart says no. He remembered there's an instant spaghetty in the fridge. Pondering which side he have to pick, Kihyun sits himself on the kitchen counter. 
 
When he is still fighting with his thoughts, Changkyun appeared infront of him. He groaned while rubbing his stomach, looking around the kitchen shelves. Noticing zero appearance of food, he opened the fridge. Chuckled while looking at a pack of instant spaghetty, Kihyun's last hope.
 
Changkyun casually cooked the spaghetty without even asking permission from Kihyun. Ignoring the starving man behind him, The younger hummed a song that has been stuck inside his head for weeks.
 
"That's mine, you piece of !" Kihyun yelled jokingly at his friend. Changkyun ignored the older one and continued stirring the pasta inside the pot. It is Kihyun's, but he didn't reach it early enough.
 
Kihyun huffed cause of the ignorance of his oh-so-annoying friend. But he decided to let Changkyun have his food, the latter seems hungry too.
 
Changkyun grabbed two cups and filled them with hot tea he just made earlier, remembering Kihyun always loved a cup of tea when the weather is cold.
 
With a plate of hot spaghetty on his grip, Changkyun across Kihyun. Not forgetting to bring two cup of tea for both of them. Unable to hold his hunger, Changkyun ate his food without even breathing. It's piercing hot but, who cares when you're hungry enough to hold it?
 
Kihyun broke the silence between the two of them,
 
"How was your day? Tell me." Changkyun stopped eating and stared at his friend blankly. He sipped his tea and shrugged.
 
"As usual, lonely day as always." He answered with a cold voice.
 
Kihyun smiled sadly. He knew that Changkyun's daily life was a crap. The younger often talked to him about how he's been bullied at school, his grade falling down cause of stress. Kihyun knows everything that happened to Changkyun.
 
"Bullied again?" Kihyun asked with a sad tone. Changkyun nodded while eating his spaghetty. This kind of conversation happened every single night and he is sick of it.
 
"You don't need to ask. They bullied me everyday, and it's like a daily dose for me." Changkyun scrunched his face, disgusted at himself being so weak even to defend himself.
 
Kihyun remembered once when Changkyun came home, bruises on his left eye while crying lightly. He said some of his friends called him with mean nicknames. Many of them also pushed Changkyun to quit school, saying that he's just a geek that stole their scores and it's unfair they said. But the fact that Changkyun truly is a smart and diligent boy, the teacher ignored the bullies.
 
Kihyun hated every single human that dares to insult his friend.
 
"Just ignore them, they'll get tired and leave you alone. I will also talk to your teachers about this." Kihyun patted the younger's head, rubbing Changkyun's brown hair over his palm while feeling its softness.
 
Changkyun smiled, and Kihyun kissed his forehead.
 
"It's not necessary, but thank you." Changkyun laughed, pink shade appeared around his soft cheeks. His brown orbs filled with happiness and peace, feeling grateful having a friend as kind-hearted as Kihyun.
 
"I'm your brother, I will protect you from those bad people. You're just a tiny baby, aren't you?" Kihyun laughed, watching Changkyun's mood broke down cause of his mocking tone.
 
 
Both of them always loved this. Just being silly at each other, talking around; and most of all, the late night thoughts that they share.