Chapter 1- Just be Hers and Leave Me Alone

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s summer right now. The time when heat could be seen by your eyes. Minji looked at through the window of library from the place where she sat. Although it’s hot, this season is what she liked the most. She would have part time job in cafe after this. Most people would like to sit in cafe to enjoy the blessing cold from aircon, rather than playing outside, that means more tips she could get from this.

“Ah, sunbaenim, you are here again?” Choi Junhong or people always called him with Zelo, the one who also share same club.

“Oh, Junhong,” Minji turned to see Zelo face and smiled to him. Zelo just loved hearing Minji called him with his real name instead his nick name.

“You should really took Nuclear engineering major, sunbae,” Zelo said then sat beside Minji. Yeah, I should. Minji thought and looked at the book, the quantum energy. She loved it, she loved about nuclear. She actually wanted to take nuclear Major, but her parents disagreed about it. They worried if their daughter couldn’t bear a baby if she get the radiation. Because she was not the rebelling type, she took Biological science in KAIST, the campus in Korea with the best engineering major, because in here she could read text book about nuclear engineering from the best nuclear faculty’s library. Maybe she just needed to rebel that time. Her parents died in accident not long after she entered university. Now she had to make living for her twin brother-sister, Jisoo and Jiwon.

“Well, you will sick to see me everywhere if I take same major with you Junhong. You would see me in your faculty then in literature club,” Minji said.

“I don’t think so, sunbae,” Zelo said then smirked.

“Where is Eunji sunbae? Usually two of you would go everywhere together,” Junhong asked.

“Eunji? She was in 4th floor, well the place where all of biological science could be found,” Minji said. “And because the elevator was broken, both of us are lazy to bring some books to 4th floor nor 7th floor  we wanted to read and use stairs,” Minji said. She continue reading her book again. It’s actually a bit uncomfortable if she left with someone who is not close to her. Sure, Zelo is her hoobae in literature club, but she actually didn’t talk much with Zelo. That’s also the reason why she called Zelo with his real name instead of his nickname.

Buzz.. buzz.. Minji looked at her phone who kept buzzing. Her smile pestered on her face immediately when she saw her bestfriend name’s on the screen. Zelo looked at Minji’s face and smile. Minji rarely show this kind of expression that’s why it’s interesting for Zelo. Zelo lend his cheek on his arm while kept observing Minji. Minji was sure loud when she was around Eunji, Krystal, Sulli, or Sohyun. But when she was alone she was looked really awkward. Minji could be independent, but then she could be helpless, then she would be loud, but then don’t talk too much. This kind of sudden change of her attitude attract Zelo. Well, it may be not in romantic way but it’s fun to watch.

“Hmm, Sehun,” Minji said after she picked up her phone.

“You are downstair? Well give me five minutes, I’ll borrow some book then come out,” Minji said while smiling. She then put her phone in her sack, then packed her things.

“I would come out too, it’s pretty heavy,” Zelo said then took Minji’s thick textbooks.

“Thanks,” Minji said.

***

“Why  took you so long?” Sehun asked. Minji smiled then run to her bestfriend just to snatched his moccachino oreo. Sehunjust smirked and let her to take the drink. He knew what his bestfriend like after all.

“That’s for you stupid, it’s because I thankful for you about the last time,” Sehun added. Minji’s smile dropped while looked at her mocca oreo. “Both of you are confusing,” Minji said then drink her mocca oreo. Sehun just smiled hearing that sentence from Minji. He always heard that whenever he and Luna fought and Minji came to help.

“Hmm, Minji sunbae,” Zelo said while kept holding her books.

“Ah, Sorry Junhong, this stupid friend of mine distract me,”  Minji laughed while hit Sehun’s arm.

“Yah! Don’t you know you have man’s power, stop hitting!” Sehun said. Here you go, hyperactive Minji Sunbae, Zelo thought. He never knew Minji would let her hyperactive side with other than Eunji, Sohyun, Krystal, or Sulli by her side. Zelo knew completely, Minji needed someone who she comfortable with to be loud because basically she was quiet and awkward when she was alone.

“Your...?” Sehun asked while showed his thumb up that identified as boyfriend.

“Are you stupid?!” Minji said then smacked Sehun’s head.

“Yah! I just told you about hitting a moment ago,” Sehun said. “She really loves hitting other right?” Sehun asked Zelo. “No, she was quiet and awkward when she was around me,” Zelo said and made Sehun laughed.

“Really, but she always told about how she was a charismatic and scary as sunbae in her  Department. I guess she is not,” Sehun said. “Yeah, I am, you can ask Eunji about that?” Minji added. “Why should I? I never talked to Eunji before and you want me to talk to her just to ask this ridiculous question?” Sehun argues. Zelo just looked both of Sehun and Minji argued. This side of her, he never seen. Minji was not the type who get bullied easily by her group of five.

“I am not her hoobae from her department,” Zelo said and made the bestfriend stopped argue.

“By the way, I am Choi Junhong from Engineering department, I am Minji Sunbae’s hoobae in Literature Club,” he said. “Wow, we are from the same department, I am Oh Sehun,” Sehun said and smiled to the young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter