~fin~

[requested] Push and Pull

Title: Push and Pull

Genre: Romance 

Characters: Xii Luhan, Oh Sehun (I changed their age to 24(L) and 22(S)

  

A/N: As requested. ^^ I hope you guys like it.

Inspiration: Only U by TTS 


"A newbie?" Luhan's eyebrow arches higher than usual when he heard about the news. He will be working with a newcomer in a Korean drama next week. He has no idea who his co-workers are until his manager reveals it to him that day. He flicks the script he's holding and gives his manager a grave look. "The management, Lu. It's not my fault," defends the latter. "He's a 22 year old rapper and an aspiring actor."

"A rapper you say?" The script lands on the floor as Luhan sighs. "Why on Earth will I be working with a rapper in a drama? Are we going to spit our lines? If we collaborated for a song, that makes more sense."

"I seriously have no idea why the management wants you to work together. I know it's not in your league, Lu. You worked hard for years to become a great actor and singer, but you need to accept this offer if you want to bounce back and save your career. Despite being a newbie, he is actually very popular," explains the manager while picking the papers on the floor. "I hate to say this but I guess working together will help the both of you in the long run."

Luhan can hardly accept that thought but he decides to shut his mouth. His manager has a point. He should prioritize his career and stop being so full of himself. He can't afford to lose it after the struggles he had to take before reaching the place where he is now. No time for doubt and hesitation, he needs to jump back into the bandwagon. 

~Oh Sehun, sporting a casual jeans and a tight, crimson Vneck shirt, enters the conference room of Ent. Co. He is attending a meeting with regards to the final preparation for the shooting of the Korean drama entitled "Only U". He will star with the most sought-after actress, Kwon Shina, and the award-winning actor and singer, Xii Luhan. To his surprise, the room is empty with people. He wonders why and decides to check his watch. 

"Ahhhh idiot," he curses. "I am 30 minutes early." He finds his way inside the room, pulls the swivel chair and sits on it comfortably. With nothing to do, he rereads the script and the studies his character, "Yejun. A university student. Badboy. Will fall in love. Turns into a good boy. So typical." He turns to the next page and reads his co-actors roles. "Shina sunbaenim as Juli. University student. Innocent and pretty. Falls in love with another guy. Will break Yejun's heart." He wonders how the actress will pull off that innocent look, knowing how sultry her facial expressions are. Furthermore, she's 23 years old and has a y image since she started her career. He then skips to the next page where Xii Luhan's role is described. "Woojin. University student. Yejun's rival in everything, including Juli's heart. Kind. Warm. Smart. The scriptwriters sure took time in writing almost all the positive traits here." He starts to imagine how Luhan will look like being that kind of a character. "He will pull it off quickly I guess." He knows him as a pretty-faced singer turned actor. He always carries with him a professional aura; mature at the young age of 24, until he got involved in a rumor that talked about him being in a relationship with a director. He denied it so many times during presscon and interviews, saying that they are friends and keeps on maintaining an enthusiastic attitude towards everything. But it damaged his career badly in the process. "I wonder if it's true." When he is about to turn another page, someone opens the door and slams it rather loudly. Sehun jerks momentarily and finds Luhan with puckered brows inside the room. He quickly finds a chair and sits with a pissed face, totally ignoring Sehun's presence. "Uhm...sunba--"

"Hi. I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you," mumbles the older one while skimming through the sheets of paper. He didn't even bother facing Sehun while introducing himself. "I-I'm Sehun. It's nice to meet you, too, sunbae," replies Sehun with a hint of awkwardness. Before he can take another second to speak, the staff together with Kwon Shina enter the meeting room. The discussion starts at 10 and ends at past noon. Sehun is starving and so are the staff. They decides to eat together in the private cafe nearby. Luhan, though hesitant at first, joins them with his manager. The rest are still eating and leisurely talking when Luhan silently leaves the area. Sehun's eyes follows him until he goes inside the comfort room. Minutes have passed and Luhan hasn't returned yet. The staff, including his manager, are almost oblivious about his absence in the dining table. Sehun decides to see for himself and check if the older one is alright. 

The first two cubicles are empty and so Sehun assumes that Luhan is on the last stall. "Luhan sunbaenim? Are you alright?" Sehun hears a footsteps inside. Luhan slowly opens the door with a flushed face. He stares at Sehun, studying the latter's face befor he finally inquires, "What?"

"A-are you alright?" Sehun's eyes are glued on Luhan's red and sweaty face. His eyes are sunken and tired. "You haven't returned--"His words are cut off by Luhan's loud coughing. The older one turns around to hide his face, "I'm fine *coughs Go away." Sehun's instinct tells him otherwise. He holds Luhan's shoulders and turns him around. "Sun-- bae..." The word falls from his mouth breathlessly as he sets his eyes on Luhan's struggling face. The latter is covering his mouth as he coughs harder; eyes squeezed, nose crinkled and face redder. , thinks Sehun as he freezes. He is worried, yes, but more importantly, he is struck by something that makes his heart sinks on its own. He is getting concerned for himself as well. Luhan's shoulders are shaking uncontrollably. He looks so fragile while trying to control his cough. "Go *coughs away," he stammers. Sehun's hands on his shoulders slowly creep along his back before the younger one tugs him for a tight embrace. Luhan halts from coughing as if it's taken away by surprise. He finds himself in the arms of his co-actor whom he just met a few hours ago. He is about to push Sehun away when the latter lets him go quickly. "I'M SORRY!" Sehun exclaims. "I didn't mean to." His apologetic eyes meet Luhan's confused ones. The older guy stares at him for a while; shooting questions through his eyes and waiting for a proper explanation. "What are you trying to do?!"

"I was..I was worried. You look like you are in a lot of pain..."

Luhan is about to reply when he coughs once again. He turns around and holds unto his mouth tightly. Sensing that it won't end soon, he decides to scuttles out of the comfort room, leaving Sehun in a devastated state.

"What..did I do?" he ponders anxiously. He holds both of his arms where Luhan was fastened a few seconds ago. His warmth remains and somehow, it stings, making Sehun unconsciously ask for more.

~ DAY 1 of the shoot//Scene 1: Juli (Kwon Shina) is walking along the campus when Yejun (Sehun) bumps into her. 

Yejun: Watch where you are going!

Juli: *bows I am sorry. I didn't see you.

Yejun: Tsk. So careless.

Juli: I am really sorry. *bows

A lot of staring and subtle attractions. 

"CUT! That's good," the director declares.

Scene 2: Woojin (Luhan) helping Juli with her assignment in the library. The two are talking with smiles on their faces. Juli thumbs her hair and blushes. 

Sehun is watching the scene while getting his make-up done. He is the next one to shoot a scene with Luhan. It's been a week since they met and the unexpected event in the comfort room happened. They haven't talked about it since then. Or more like, they don't have a chance to even say hi to each other. Sehun pondered about his actions. He knows exactly why he hugged Luhan during that time. He is worried, and painfully attracted to the latter. It's actually mind-boggling. He never once got attracted to a guy. He likes girls and he was sure about it. Not until his heart aches for Luhan, just by watching the older one cough. Sounds immature but it affects him so much.

Scene 3: Woojin and Yejun confrontation. Fighting for Juli's attention. 

Sehun finds it hard to focus and messes up his lines again and again. Luhan sighs in annoyance while the director scolds him. Sehun apologizes and tries his best to concentrate despite the fact that Luhan's nearness makes him move rigidly. After the whole day of shooting, the staff wrap up and thank the actors. Sehun bows to the production team one by one before he turns around and finds Kwon Shina talking to Luhan near the car. She is all smiles while browsing her phone. Not long, the two take a selfie together. Not new. It's what stars do when they want to promote something. That is what Sehun is trying to convince himself. Luhan notices someone staring at him and looks back to see Sehun. The younger one immediately looks away shyly. 

~Day 4

The shooting has been going on for four days now. Sehun is getting used to his character and improves in delivering his lines. Luhan, even though he looks tired, does his very best to portray his role effectively. The director is more happy in the development of the story. The shoot will continue until midnight in an open field so tents for the actors are prepared. They can take a rest there every time they have a break and while waiting for their scenes. Sehun and Luhan share a tent and the former finds the chance to finally talk to the older one. "I'm really sorry about last time," Sehun begins with a shaky voice. Luhan is lying on the side and plans to take a nap, "I will forget about it. I don't know the reason why you did that and to be honest, I am not interested."

"My--reason...?" mouths Sehun. 

"Like I said, I am not interested. Now please let me take a nap."

"My reason..."

Pissed because he cannot sleep in peace, Luhan snorts and sits up. He turns to Sehun who is already staring at him with a pitiful expression, "SERIOUSLY?! What do you want?!"

"I just want to apologize..."

"You did already and I said I will forget about it."

"But my reason..."

"I am not interested."

"I like you."

"I said I am not--" Luhan has to stop abruptly upon hearing him. "What--" Sehun breathes out hardly and crawls towards Luhan while the latter freezes. Shock and spacing out, Luhan misses what Sehun is about to do. The young guy cups his cheeks and gently presses his lips against his. , curses Sehun mentally. After it, he is lost in thoughts, not really mindful of what he is doing. His arms automatically coil around Luhan's waist, sending chills to the latter. Sehun gently breaks away from the kiss to see Luhan's face. He feels foolish and guilty for his advances. He wants to say sorry but instead of spilling words, his lips find its way back to Luhan. With eyes closed, he lays Luhan down and furthers the kiss. "Mmnn..s-stop," mumbles Luhan as he pushes Sehun away from his face. They are both panting heavily. Luhan wipes away his lips with the back of his hand and protests, "I can't believe you--" "You're so beautiful," murmurs Sehun as he brushes his lips on Luhan's cheeks. "Luhan..."

"What are you--"

Their lips meet once again and this time, Sehun holds Luhan in place so he couldn't move his head away and escape from the kiss. Between lip-locks, Sehun would mutters words of admiration to the latter even though he received nothing but coldness and harsh words from him. The production team are all busy with their work while the two are making out in the tent like it's the most natural thing to do. Though he hates to admit it, Luhan is gradually responding with gentle smooches. Sehun smiles as their tongues slowly mingled. He is getting the butterflies in his belly. The happiness he feels is just overflowing; Luhan's lips, his taste, his soft moans, the way he holds him. It's impossible for him to break away from the kiss. He cannot afford to let go of the enthralling moment.

"Lu, Sehun! Get ready. It's your turn," calls out the manager. 

Luhan sits up immediately, shoving Sehun away from him, "Y-yes. Coming."

Sehun feels hazy as he watches Luhan grabs his cardigan. "Luhan..."

"Get ready," the older one states. "I'll go ahead."

"No please. Wait," Sehun grabs his wrist, making Luhan fall into his lap. With a possessive back-hug, he whispers, "I want you to know that I really really like you and ....and I want to be with you..."

"This is not the time to confess, Sehun."

The latter kisses his ear and continues, "Then let's talk later after the shooting is done. I will be waiting for you in my car."

~11 pm 

When the shooting ended for that day, Luhan finds himself standing beside a black Volvo car. Sehun opens the door to the front seat and invites him in. Before he can sit properly, Sehun already clutches his face and gives in for a kiss. Luhan pushes him away, "We have to talk, right?" Sehun leans forward to reach him but Luhan looks away. He decides to sit back and control his feelings, though his eyes never left Luhan. 

"What I told you when we were in the tent, I mean it," says Sehun with utmost sincerity. "I really like you and... I want to--," he gulps deliberately in nervousness

"You want to?" asks Luhan as he turns to him with his bright eyes. 

Sehun smiles shyly while figdeting, "I want to be with you." I said it. Please say yes. Please please please please...

Luhan's silence triggers Sehun's anxiety. He stays there sitting with a calm expression. It's difficult for the younger one to read his mind. How he wishes the latter would just say yes and be with him. It's crazy how everything happens so fast. It may sound unreasonable but he really hopes Luhan sees him as someone special, a lover, a man. He is also aware that he is too young and Luhan will probably think he's immature. The thought scares him but he remains hopeful, waiting for a positive response from the aloof actor. 

"Luhan..."

"If I say no, what will you do?"

For a moment, Sehun can feel his heart drowning in pain and disappointment. He stares at Luhan with eyes wide open and cold sweat streaming down the temples of his cheeks. At that point, he can't bear the thought of losing Luhan. He can't let go. It's too late. He only wants him and only him. Gathering his courage, Sehun reaches for Luhan's hand and answers, "I will run after you. I will do everything to make you mine. If you think I'm selfish, fine. But no way I am..I am not letting you go. It's too late for me to stop this." 

"Then run after me," challenges Luhan. "Do everything. Prove it, Oh Sehun. Don't think of this as a simple I like you and I like you, too, scene from the movies. Show me. Prove to me how much I mean to you."

And that's exactly what Oh Sehun did for the next two months that he is with Luhan. Prove. Say. Ignoring people's gossip about his closeness to the latter, he continues to shower Luhan with attention and care. For some reason, Luhan starts to feel comfortable with him around. He got used to his messages, calls in the middle of the night, kisses and unpredicted hugs. They got to know more about each other and discovered each other's weaknesses.

"Sehun," mutters Luhan while trying to escape from Sehun's kisses. The younger one sends Luhan to his apartment after their final shoot for the drama. Both drunk, they stagger to reach the room. Luhan crawls on the bed and slips under the blanket to sleep while Sehun trails behind him, not letting go of his hand. "Lu," he calls out faintly while raining kisses on Luhan's face. "I want to stay the night with you."

"hmnn..."

Sehun holds Luhan tightly as he deepens the kiss. The older one arches his head up to meet Sehun's lips; hands wrap around the latter's neck. "I love you," Sehun murmurs in between kisses. "so much, Lu." His chest tightens each time Luhan trace his fingers along his neck. "Mnnn Se..hun.."

"Yes? What is it, Lu?"

"Mmm... Sehun.."

"Hm?"

"Stay."

Overwhelmed, Sehun can't help but bury his head on Luhan's chest while blushing hard. It's not because of the alcohol infesting his body; it's the feeling when you are getting closer to achieving your wish. He feels fuzzy in Luhan's arms and how he wish they can stay like that forever. He has never been a romantic type of guy. But meeting Luhan and falling hard turns him into the sweetest man he could possibly be. 

"Luhan," he whispers breathlessly. "Do you love me?"

Luhan's heavy-lidded eyes tear up a little. For the first time, he shows a pleasing smile and nods. Sehun doesn't waste another second before he plants a kiss on Luhan's forehead. His eyes are screaming with love as they gaze on Luhan's red-tainted face. "You have no idea how happy I am right now," he mumbles with lips against Luhan's soft skin. He lets Luhan pulls up his shirt and takes it off. He s Luhan's polo shirt and discards it quickly. Without drifting away from the suffocating kiss, they undress each other and forget about everything else. They break all the walls and give in to their feelings. Luhan is moving in rhythm with Sehun as they explore each other; taking and claiming. Sweat and nerves splay all over their bodies. 

"Does it hurt?" asks Sehun wearily when Luhan claws tightly on his shoulders. Luhan shakes his head, "It's f-fine. Don't stop...S-sehun.." The latter wipes away the forming sweat on Luhan's forehead before he moves in and owns him. The gentle movements turn thoughtless when they feel the tension building up their spine. A few more taking and they finally reach the peaks of pleasure, leaving them breathless but with content smiles on their faces.

~The next morning

Sehun joins Luhan in the bathtub and both share a passionate kiss in the warm water. Luhan leans back on Sehun's chest while the latter rubs his arm. 

"We have two more hours to spare before the press conference," states Luhan. "What do you want us to do?" Sehun automatically kisses his neck and mutters, "Make love again. and again and again."

"Well aren't you needy?" hisses Luhan. "I was hoping we can watch your performance in Music Core last week. I haven't seen it yet. Good thing, your fans are awesome to post it quickly online."

"I am happy to hear that but when did you become so interested in my rapping? You always tell me I look like a machine when I perform."

Luhan turns to him and smirks, "My words really stuck in your head. I was joking. You are my boyfriend after all. Of course, I would like to see how you did."

Boyfriend. Amazing word. Sehun is flattered to hear it from Luhan himself. It makes his heart race wildly. They are officially together and Sehun couldn't ask for more. After taking a bath together, they sure made love like what Sehun wanted. As a result, they were late for the press conference of their drama. During the interview, the actors are asked to share their first impression with each other and the unforgettable experiences in the set. Kwon Shina expresses his admiration to Luhan; how a versatile actor he is and his professionalism at work. "He is also helpful and made me feel comfortable when we shoot our scenes together." A media person asks if she wants to work with Luhan again and she happily says yes. The spotlight then cues to Sehun who is bombarded with questions about his "friendship" with Luhan. As much as he wants to scream to the world that they are in love with each other, it'll be a suicide. Not a very wise thing to do especially when they are promoting a drama; though he throws subtle hints about his feelings for the latter once in a while. Luhan glances at him with a smile and shows an assuring expression. 

The drama is well-received and considered a success. Consequently, Luhan and Sehun gain more projects for Spring. The former is going to shoot a movie in Japan while the younger one has an album to release. Having different schedules and activities prove to be challenging for the two. They haven't seen each other for more than three weeks; calls are often missed, messages are unread and their longing bottled up. Furthermore, they are going to celebrate their first year anniversary away from each other.

Japan. Ueno Park. 10 PM~

Luhan strolls along the park all by himself with his hoodie on to hide his face. His manager retires for the night but he cannot sleep so decided to run off and take a walk. It's spring and the cherry blossoms are marvelously blooming along the pathway. Paper lanterns of different colors are hanging from the trees, creating an ephemereal beauty. Luhan is reminded about the time he spent with Sehun for the past year. Like the cherry blossoms who only blooms for a week, their moments with each other are somehow fleeting. It's their first year together but they haven't talked to each other. He tried calling Sehun but the latter didn't answer. What saddens him more is the rumor that the younger one is seeing a popular Kpop idol. He trusts Sehun yet he cannot help but feel uneasy. 

He sighs heavily and sits on the bench while gazing at the beautiful trees around him. The park is empty with people and this makes him ten times lonelier. If only Sehun is there with him. If only they can be together for the night. If only he can kiss him and hug him and make love with him... If only ...if only... With many thoughts running wildly in his mind, Luhan jerks when his phone rang. "Sehun," he murmurs while staring at his phone. "Hello--"

"I miss you so much, baby," utters Sehun with his husky voice. Luhan's heart weighs lightly upon hearing him. With misty eyes, he exposes a bittersweet smile, "I miss you, too and happy anniversary. I wish you're here with me right now." Instead of answering, Sehun puts down his phone and grabs Luhan from his seat. The latter swings around in shock and fall into Sehun's arm. He quickly lifts his head to see the younger one gazing endearingly at him, almost teary-eyed. "What are you doing here? How did you find me? I thought you're--"

"I couldn't take it anymore," says Sehun while Luhan's face. "If I can't see you for another day, I will lose it."

"Sehun...."

"We have been together for a year now. I can't miss the chance to spend this special day with you." Sehun pulls him close for a kiss and Luhan holds him tightly at once. They miss each other so much that they cannot break away from the kiss. With bodies tangled, they release all their longing for each other. Sehun would whisper how much he loves Luhan and the latter would do the same, expressing every word with sincerity. 

"Wait," the younger one suddenly moves his head away leaving Luhan leaning forward, wanting for more. "I saw someone taking our photo." 

"What?" Luhan turns around and saw a man dashing away from the park before he gets inside a cab. Sehun rakes his hair away and sighs, "Dispatch. I can't believe this. I didn't know he was still following. I'm sorry, Lu." His face is a picture of apprehension. "I'm so careless. I'm sorry," he repeats a couple of times. Luhan immediately cups his face and mutters, "Sehun. It's alright. Stop blaming yourself." 

"But he..."

"I don't care," contests Luhan. "It doesn't matter anymore. I have been thinking about this for some time now. We have been hiding our relationship for the sake of our careers. We worked hard to be where we are now, that's a fact, yet I feel like we are the ones who are suffering in the process. I am happy that I am getting all these projects, recognition, awards. But, more than anything else, I want to be able to freely express my feelings for you."

"I appreciate it, baby. I want to tell everyone how much I love you, too. That you belong to me. That I am yours and only yours. But, are you sure you won't regret it? The consequences if we become public?"

"Sehun, are you doubting my feelings for you? If I have to choose between my career and you, you know what my answer will be."

"I am doing this for your sake, Lu..."

"Stop thinking about me and start thinking about us," says Luhan while pulling Sehun for an embrace. "Believe me, Sehun. I love you more than you could ever imagine. Don't ever let go coz I know we can get through from all these hindrances. Trust me." Sehun sighs in relief and smiles. Only Luhan's words can make his heart calm against brewing troubles. The older one sure knows the way to make him hopeful. Their tomorrow might be upsetting but as long as they support each other, everything will fall into place. 

~The next morning/Narita Int'l Airport/ 11 am

"Luhan, hurry. Stop looking back if you don't want to get swarmed by your fans," calls the manager to the actor. He pushes Luhan to keep going. Media people are also flocking around him after the news about him and Sehun being together made headlines. Luhan's manager asks him to go on a different flight with Sehun but the the former disproves. Now, he has to face the result of showing together in public. Sehun gets separated from him after the security personnel failed to control the crowd. The young man signals him to keep moving forward and stop worrying about him though he is getting pushed here and there.

"Luhan. Hurry! We can't stay here for so long--"

"Alright shut up, will you?!" the actor scoffs. "You go ahead if you want to. I am going back to get Sehun."

"You can't do that--"

"Oh yes I can. I will do that." Luhan turns around and shoots piercing eye-contact to the people encircling him. When the people see his warning expression, they pause and look at each other. This gives Luhan the chance to approach Sehun who successfully comes out from a bunch of press people. 

"Sehun, are you alright?"

"Hm," Sehun nods and Luhan smiles in relief. "People are staring, Lu."

"And?"

Sehun surveys the area and finds all eyes fixed on them. He turns to Luhan who is looking up to him, waiting for him to do something. With eyes b with affection, he remembers the events that took place a year ago.

"Hi. I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you."

"I'm fine *coughs Go away."

"What are you trying to do?!"

"I was..I was worried. You look like you are in a lot of pain..."

"SERIOUSLY?! What do you want?!"

"I just want to apologize... I like you."

"If I say no, what will you do?"

"I will run after you. I will do everything to make you mine. If you think I'm selfish, fine. But no way I am..I am not letting you go. It's too late for me to stop this." 

"Mmm... Sehun.."

"Hm?"

"Stay."

"I love you."

You are my boyfriend after all. Of course, I would like to see how you did."

"I love you much. Happy anniversary, baby."

"If I can't see you for another day, I will lose it."

"Believe me, Sehun. I love you more than you could ever imagine. Don't ever let go coz I know we can get through from all these hindrances. Trust me."

Oh Sehun leans forward and whispers to the already blushing Xii Luhan as he takes the latter's hand, "And you better stay near me so I won't lose you...ever again." 

~