[1/1]

twenty-four seventeen

I've always had a fascination for old authors, because they lived in a world so different from the world we live in now. J.K. Rowling never wrote about the Aureole because she'd never seen them. John Green didn't see them, Meg Cabot never saw them. And if you go even farther back, like, to the Unintelligible Authors. I'm sure Robert Frost or Edgar Allan Poe would've loved the Aureole. The Unintelligible Masters would've had a ball with the Aureole, Shakespeare probably would've loved it. Oh how the authors of the romantic period missed out.
And the artists.
Unintelligible Artists aren't really my thing-it's more of Luhan's, but I'm sure they would've created the most beautiful works of art. The Artists Masters too. 
Sometimes I'll read An Abundance of Katherine's-a book older than my great-grandparents, and look up at the sky, and try to imagine life without the Aureole. 
Apparently you looked at the stars. They must've been brighter without it.
Unintelligible period photographs show a beautiful dark blue and purple sky with so many stars, you can barely see the blue. I wonder if it was as bright as the Aureole.
But I'll never know.
Just like how J.R.R. Tolkien never saw the Aureole, I'll never see the night sky.
Sometimes it makes me sad, and I wish I lived in their world, but a primitive world where religion still existed does not sound exciting. Religion caused a lot of harm. 
I hate the word religion, honestly. 
It's despicable

 

 

 

 

Nobody remembers who it's by, because it comes from the Unintelligible period, and nobody's quite sure what it's supposed to represent, but I will never get over that painting of the apple. It's of a giant, green apple in a room-it takes up all the space available in the room, and somehow it speaks to me. Much more then art now does. 
I've always loved the Unintelligible art, because it was created before the Silent Policy was set in place. There's color in Unintelligible art.
All the art now is black and white. 
I feel as if the apple is supposed to represent humans. They say during the Unintelligible period, the Aureole didn't exist yet, and human kind had yet to leave the Solar System. 
I find that quite odd.
Last year, my family and I went on vacation to Edenburg, a planet two and a half light years away, and in the solar system of Greckenn. 
How did all those humans stand staying in one place all their life? Vacation around Earth? Now why would you do that? My best friend lives on the Korean Peninsula, and I live on my family's island of Tahiti, and we see each other everyday.
I'll never understand.
It's a world I missed out on I guess

Not that that's a bad thing. 

 

 

 

 


Sneaking off to Venus has always been a terrible idea, and I knew-I KNEW that some day we'd get caught. Who knew Luhan's dad has a friend on Venus? I didn't, that's for sure. Luhan probably did, but he's the kind of person who wouldn't think about that. 
Since we were in trouble for sneaking off the planet-something we'd always been strictly forbidden to do, we were sent back in separate pods. To give us some time to think about our actions.
Something like that.
It must've been good on some level, because something struck me while on that pod. No pods going into outer space ever had windows, but only the pods leaving and going to Earth. 
When we went to Planet 251 that one time, a couple years ago, and then to Planet 386, the pod from 251 to 386 had windows in it.

Why is that?

 

 

 

 

I wish Sehun had never brought up the Earth-pods-have-no-windows, because that's all I can think about now. Every other planet that I've ever been to, had pods with windows, so why are there Earth specific no-window pods?  I'm native to Earth! I've explored every corner of it, ther is no need for a pod with no windows, the only thing we have other planets don't is the Aureole, but even then, 

Saturn has rings! 

 

 

 

 


It turns out going into space around Earth is illegal. It's not illegal on any other planet. This is starting to look very suspicious.
Actually,
It's looked suspicious from the beginning.

 

 

 


In all the exploring I've done, I've never done something illegal...well, I suppose stumbling across the Unintelligible Masters underage was illegal. But it's not like I did that on purpose. If anything, blame Sehun. He found the book first. 

Yet, here we are, set to do something totally illegal.
Mom would be proud.

 

 

 

 

It's a miracle we haven't been caught yet.
Or
Maybe
We were let go.

Perhaps they didn't notice that the pod was one shade off and the windows just had black out curtains.

Well, it looks like we're ready.

 

 

 


"Sehun, what do you think we'll find?"
"I don't know."
"I hope it's enjoyable. If not, it would've have been worth it."
"I agree."
We're on the outskirts of the illegal zone. 
The Aureole is in front of us in all its glory, and we can finally see what's going on. Sehun, being the genius he it, proposed that maybe the pods have no windows because something is up with the Aureole. I think he's right. We're really close now, and it seem as if it's made up of a lot of little chunks of....

 

 

 


"Heads. Sehun, that's a head. Sehun, they're ALL HEADS! THE AUREOLE IS MADE UP OF MILLIONS OF SEVERED HEADS!" 

 

 

 

 

I did not expect-

 

 

 

 

Yes, the fact that the Aureole is mad up of heads is very disturbing, but I don't think that's the most disturbing part. I know every head we've seen. That one was Jongdae. That's Kyungsoo. 

I don't know anybody names Kyungsoo.

It's a retired name.

 

 

 


"Luhan?"

"Luhan!"
Oh no

 

 

 


Sehun, you're dead.