Let it Go.

Unrequited.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"My hair looks great right? I mean, it looks fine right?"

Song Yi looked at the mirror and fixed her hair. Her bestfriend, Jinmin, stood beside her staring at her without any trace of emotion on her face.

"You look ok."

"But ok isn't enough. He will not notice me if-"

"Will you stop, Song Yi? We've been doing this since forever."

"..."

"Wake up. Sunggyu doesn't see you or notice you or know your existence."

"I know. You don't have to say that."

"Then why are we here then? You putting that make up and eye something. You look more beautiful before."

"But I heard from Hoya that he likes girls who wears make up."

"And you would change yourself for him? This obsession should stop. Don't change for someone else."

She tried so hard to keep the tears at bay but it fell down on her cheeks anyway. Jinmin's gaze softened when she saw Song Yi's tears.

"I'm sorry, Song Yi ah. Sometimes, we should know when to stop and give up. Its been two years already. And were graduating soon. You will be far away from him by then. I heard he's going to a university in Seoul."

"You know how I tried but I just... just can't."

"Then try harder. Or the best solution is to tell him how you feel. We're graduating soon anyway."

"You know I can't do that! I stutter whenever he's around!"

"Then stop moping here. Let's go to class."

Jinmin held her arm and led her outside of the restroom they were in. 

 

It has been two years since she had been in love with Sunggyu. It wasn't love at first sight since she knew him since middle school. It was a sudden realization, she was thinking about him and worrying about him all the time. She never talked to Sunggyu because they really don't have the same circle of friends. And though people knew her because of her academic rank, he never seem to be in the same class with her. It was always a wonder to him. 

 

Because Kim Sunggyu is a genius. When they were in middle school, he was always at the top of class and she would always be second in their entire grade. They had never shared a class in highschool though because he was out of the honor list when they started highschool. He is always seen on the field playing soccer rather than in the library studying. He never was on the advanced placement classes she belongs to. 

 

Kim Sunggyu changed when they started highschool. He was not the studious gorgeous guy anymore but he became the popular athlete now. And she fell for him. All of him. 

 

His brain, his eyes, his smile. 

 

But he never really noticed her and it was the root cause of her depression. She's a little bit elated though. Because she knows that even though girls confessed to him all the time, he never accepted one. It seems like he was waiting for someone. And that's why she will never confess. She does not want to become one of the "rejects". 

 

And she never will be, she promised herself. 

~~~~♥ ♥ ♥ ~~~~

 

Song Yi was walking down the stairs from the library when she noticed Sunggyu standing near the exit. She hid behind the door and listened to the conversation. She noticed that Sara was standing in front of Sunggyu. 

 

Kim Sara is the school's sweetheart. She's beautiful and smart. She is also a part-time model so most of the boys want to be her boyfriend. She's also kind and friendly. 

 

"What I'm trying to say is... is that... I like you, Sunggyu oppa."

 

Song Yi's world started to crumble. She know that she can never beat Sara. Guys like Sunggyu are made for girls like Sara. They're both perfect and everyone will love them. 

"I like you. I like you a lot." Sara continued. 

 

Song Yi held her breath and waited for Sunggyu's answer. 

 

"Have you ever loved someone, Sara ssi?"

"Eh?"

"Do you love me?"

"..."

"What is your dream?"

"Uhhm... to be a doctor? But I don't understand what are you getting at, oppa."

"If I asked you now to give up your dream for me, will you do it?"

"..."

"See, love is all about sacrifices, Sara ssi. And I have sacrificed things for the person that I love."

"Oppa, I don't understand."

"Thank you for confessing. I appreciate your feelings but my heart already belongs to someone else and that person is someone I will give up everything for. Even my dream."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter