◜ settings ◞

◜ rise and fall ◞ apply closed. characters revealed! //
 

SETTINGS

let your thoughts wander in this magical world

Home Settings Characters Cheatsheet  Interactivity

 

THE WORLD OF RISE AND FALL

 

The White Land is currently composed of 7 kingdoms, 6 being in the main continent and one being on an island. Each Kingdom worships a God and has its own speciality. 

  • AQUES : It is the biggest Kingdom on the White Land and the most powerful. Its King has been ruling for years and is feared and respected by all Kingdoms. The inhabitants of Aques are known for their fighting skills and their mastery of anything related to the sea. The capital, Aren, is situated in border of the sea and people travel in it with boats just as much as foot or horses. Their pride comes from their fishing skills and taming abilites. The Aquesian banner is red and blue, with a sea lion, for they're fierce like lions and control the sea. They worship Aeon, the fiery God of War and Ocean.
     
  • LUCE : The Kingdom of Luce is a peaceful kingdom situated on a coast, just like Aques, though they have no interest for the sea. They are known to never fight against others and always stay neutral in time of war. Not even once have they taken their weapons to fight except to protect their inhabitants if they were to be attacked. It is more a defensive kingdom. Their capital, Lucia, is in the middle of the kingdom and is known to be a city of knowledge, the biggest library being there, as well as a very religious city. The Church of Light has been established for centuries in the kingdom and has still a high importance in the kingdom, though they do not interfere with political affairs. They worship Lucie, the Goddess of Light and Fire, and their banner is white with a red phoenix.
     
  • HATIO : It is the smallest of all the seven kingdoms. They have no strategic position nor fighting power, however they excel at medicinal arts and poisons. They have no rival for the mastery of nature and being islanders, they know all the elements. Hatio is the first producer of medecines in the continent but they can also be terrifying for their mastery of potions and poisons that can easily kill a man without anyone knowing. Their capital, Fiore, is in the centre of the island. Their banner is a white and brown oak over a green background and they worship Arbre, the God of Nature.
     
  • FORON : Foron is the second biggest Kingdom on the continent and the most threatening one. Located close to mountains, they are masters at forgery and crafting. According to legends, they used to create weapons for the whole continent but after a war where the enemies tried to steal their sketches and force their skilled workers to work for them, they decided to close their frontiers. No one has heard of them after that, but the rumor says they plan to get revenge. Their capital, Klhamar, is buried under the mountains and is said to be filled with gems. They worship Minar, Lucie's brother, God of Fire and Metal. Their banner is half-red half-grey with a black hammer.
     
  • MARCHAI : It is the third biggest Kingdom and is dedicated to trade. Strategically placed in the middle of all the other kingdoms, its inhabitants are all merchants somehow. Food, weapons, ships, animals, they sell everything to everyone. They are wonderful at finding things you need. Etal, the capital, is full of wonders but also of sharks. Be careful of those who are not 'official'. Their banner is a mixture of orange and yellow with a balance and they worship Libra, the Goddess of Equilibrium.
     
  • NOCTIS : Noctis is the smallest Kingdom of the continent, so small that it only consists of one city. How it became a Kingdom, it's a wonder, but they're really dangerous. City of thieves and assassins, no one knows where it is and it is formed by guilds. Some say that guilds of mages and tamers are found there, but no one knows for sure. Their banner is black with a white moon crescent, they worship Noir, the God of Night and Mischief. They're feared by everyone as they know that the night is dark and full of terrors.
     
  • KINGDOM WITHOUT A NAME : It is its real appellation and actually regroups all the people who do not belong to any Kingdom. 'Free folks' are in there, tribes, clans, whole cities etc. They have a lot of different banners and worship different Gods according to their tribes.

Regarding the world itself, it is a world where magic exists. Gods are actual beings living above, magical creatures like dragons, wyverns, centaurs etc do exist as well, however to have an magical creature as a pet is pretty much impossible, except you've been trained for that. Some people are born with magical abilities however they are rare. Most of those who have powers become Priests or Doctors, because it is the only way they get accepted by the society - otherwise people become scared of them. 

 

 

THE ROYAL FAMILY OF LUCE

 

The Queen of Luce died of sickness 14 years ago, leaving the Kingdom for her husband Oh Dokhyun, the King, to rule alone while taking care of their only child, a son named Suwoong. The young Prince, who was 8 at the time, was adored by the servants and the maids of the castle and cherished by the inhabitants of Lucia. The King often said that his people loved their Prince more than they loved their King, which made everyone laugh a lot. The King's brother, Oh Kimoon, is his Great Advisor and the General of his army (even though they rarely fight, they still need an army to protect themselves). They are close and Kimoon refused the throne a long time ago, choosing to be a councelor, far from the troubles of being the one making the decisions. His son, Sehun, lives in the castle with them while his wife died while giving birth to him. The cousins, being close in age, spend a lot of time together and are extremely close. The boy was always known to be cheerful, though extremely shy, and being with Suwoong allowed him to show his feelings a bit more.  

 

Everything was planned for the family. However, when the Prince was 12, he was suddenly 'replaced' by Sehun as the heir. Sehun was 8 at this time, and he was appointed as the new successor for the throne of Luce. At that time, an announcement was made. The Prince had fallen very ill and his chances of recovery were close to 0, so he gave up on the throne and Sehun was the newly appointed heir. For years, Sehun was considered as the heir, however, three years ago, when the real Prince reached the age of 19, he suddenly took his place back and Sehun stepped back from his position to let the Prince take his rightful position as the heir - leaving everyone to be happy for the Prince's final 'recovery'. 

 

The Prince never left the capital, Lucia, and no one from outside Luce saw his face. During meetings, he stays hidden under white clothes and hides his face under a white hood and white silk covers his neck so that only his face and hair are visible. He started hiding his body from the age of 14. Only the inhabitants of Lucia saw his whole appearance, and they're quick to protect their Prince from unwanted rumors. He is loved by the people and seen as a kind ruler, although weak.

 

Now, Suwoong is 22 yeard old. The King is now in Hatio's capital to help his beloved, the Queen of Hatio he married three years ago, and left the Kingdom for his son to rule. The Prince has been in charge for about 6 months when he receives a letter saying he has been betrothed to the Prince of Aques. 

 

 

QUESTIONS

 

Q: Can I reuse my app for Rise and Fall ?

A; Yes ! For those who applied before the revamp, feel free to reuse it but I'd like you to modify it so that it fits the new application form. Since there is no plotline anymore, make sure to make the according changes. You can also choose to write a totally different character, you're totally free !

 

Q; What are you looking for as a persona ?
A; Anything ! You're not even forced to be from Luce, you can be from any Kingdom. You can even belong to Aques Kingdom and arrive in Luce to your Prince ! Anything is possible, the sky is the limit. If you ever have any question, feel free to ask me :)

 

Q: What was this war with Foron that led them to close their frontiers ? Are they completely cut from the continent ?

A: The war happened around 50 years ago. The previous rulers of each kingdom were involved in the war, while the current rulers (as Oh Dokhyun, the King of Luce, for example) were the ones who brought peace when they became rulers. The war was mostly a quarrel between selfish rulers and most of the current kings, who were princes/princesses at the time, were opposed to it as they saw no real reason to quarrel (which explains why most of the kingdoms are related, with Luce and Hatio being 'allies', considering their rulers are now married, Luce and Aques frequently visiting each other and Marchai inhabitants being able to cross territories to sell their products). Foron is more of an exception, along with Noctis (but the guys from noctis just want to mess with everyone, so it's not really an exception). Foron was known for their abilities to craft and create : weapons, yes, but not only. Their knowledge in gems and architecture was also very important. During the past war, the previous King found out that spies from other countries had tried to steal this precious knowledge. If stealing weapons would have been 'alright', the King's pride was greatly wounded to know that their mastery was being stolen. He was not totally sane either, which is why he decided that to prevent any new occurrence of such a theft, he would close its frontiers. As of now, the current King's position is unknown, but the frontiers are not totally open. It is possible for inhabitants of Foron to leave the kingdom, though entering the kingdom is another story. They are very careful about who enters the kingdom and most of the time, apart from royal delegations or messengers, no one is allowed to enter. If the current king has inherited from his predecessor's paranoia, who knows ? As i imagined it, Foron was mostly cut from the continent, they would accept delegations from time to time but would rarely actually go to meet other kingdoms. 

 

Q: What about Noctis ? Do they have a King ?

A: No they don't. Or at least, not really. Noctis is a kingdom made of one big city, this city itself made of guilds : assassins, thieves, mages, tamers, illegal merchants, mercernaries... There is no royal family in Noctis, however, there is a hierarchy among the guilds. Some guilds are a lot more powerful than others and the most powerful ones are the ones making the rules. It is totally possible for one guild to be considered as the most powerful in the city and therefore, its members could be the one making the rules and ruling over the city, with its master thinking himself as a King. However, they are not considered as royals per se.