Act I

There be love . ( Editing )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

.



 

Friendly reminder ! Long two - shots kind of  fic .

 

This is meant to be confusing btw ~

word count : 6270







 

Unknown pov :

 

 

 



 

I was lost , my first day in a new school , that was quite  expected .

 

Walking about the hallways , I suddenly caught a glimpse of two guys about my age and that was when i had enough

courage to ask for directions . One of them was wearing shades .. In the school's shaded hallway !

 

I had a lot of notes to say but said nothing , not wanting trouble in my first day ever .

 

After a quick glance at the " shades guy " who had purple hair , which wasn't impeccably purple though , it was

oddly stressing trying to put it under a label .

 

Any ways , after the glance in which I scanned him from head to toe , I could safely assume his

neatly buttoned uniform proved him innocent of being a nerd but definitely not a kingka !

 

The other one was a lot taller , had honey blonde hair with a hint of  lighter strands around his crown area .


 

I was so engrossed in checking them out that i forgot what i had just just asked of them until the taller replied , giving me directions .

 

I nodded , smiling and thanking him , ready to leave but he seemed to have something to say .

 

" Oh , I'm Ahn Daniel by the way .. "   He introduced himself and I felt kinda stupid about myself .


 

Aish ..  Where are my manners ?

 

A voice deep inside me echoed , mocking me . { left them in America . }

 

Once again , I was too engrossed reprimanding myself because I hated giving others a bad impression  until Daniel talked again .

 

" And this is Lee Chanhee , he i - "

He paused to poke his friend - the oddly quiet guy - with his elbows  , as though signaling for him to start talking .

 

I didn't wait for the already awkward aura to get any worse so I interrupted them , introducing myself .

 

" I'm lee Byunghun , 93 liner . "

I could have gasped at me giving extra information when none of them had mentioned their age . But well , happens .

 

I kept my cool , waiting for their reactions and surprisingly ,  that Daniel guy started jumping on his friend in utter excitement  .

 

" OH god ! Another  lee  ?? "

 

I felt like a fish out of water until he explained himself .

 

He started practically screaming like cheerleaders , startling me  for I was not familiar with such hyper activeness  .

 

I tried to maintain a weak smile though , it's rude to cut his mini excitement !

 

And it was only then that  i had realized what he could have possibly meant .

 

The guy was called Lee Chanhee  .

 

" oh .. ah .  "

My smile never left me , but it was weak .

 

I was not exactly pleased to find something in common with Mr " Too cool to greet "  .

 

The hyperactive guy kept bouncing up and down , latching himself on his friend whilst calling his name repeatedly

" Chanhee ! Chanhee !! "  ,  probably fishing for a reaction .

 

I swear i memorized the guy's name just because of his constant rambling .


 

To be very honest , i wanted to make a run for it until I heard a silvery voice that got deeply engraved in my senses .

 

" Ahh , yea .. what a coincidence  ! "




 

 

 

~ ♦ ~

 

 

 

 


 

I was now heading towards my class room as Daniel gave the directions , I had also learned that he was a year younger than us , Chanhee  and I .

 

Speaking of which , that guy's voice has  been haunting me ever since i have heard it .

 

He had only sighed but it was so .. fine ?

or maybe it was me being a ert ?

 

I tend to have a dark interpretation to everything .. so .

 

* sighs *

It was my time to sigh as i recalled him .


 

Anyways !

 

I had finally reached the class room after taking my time , having  a mini -  tour .


 

To my surprise , a familiar face was all  I could see once I had made my way inside .


 

Lee Chanhee .


 

still in shades .


 

Why was he even wearing  them ?


 

Swollen eyes ?

or maybe a black eye ?


 

" Hey . "

I did it , i made a brave move greeting him .


 

He didn't seem to recognize me though , I watched as he titled his head in confusion and even though it was about where i was , he wasn't really looking at me ..



 

???


 

I honestly felt intrigued by him which was quite rare .


 

I was not anti-social , but selectively  social ( By a really narrow scale at that ! )  .



 

" It's me , Byunghun .. From the morning ? "

I pointed towards my chest and the whole surrounding , encouraging him to remember .

 

" Oh .. Ah , yea .  Byunghun-ssi  . "


 

I was intrigued , yea .

 

But not desperate enough to get into their so called clique .







 

 


 

I watched how the class treated Chanhee , they seemed extra careful around him yet somehow formal .

 

Did he not have friends  except of Daniel ?

 

He didn't seem to be taking any notes , he was in fact using his phone .. recording ?

 

I squinted my eyes and leaned closer , my vision was not all that .

 

Wait ? Was that allowed ?

 

He was recording the lecture !

 

My eyes darted towards the teacher and he sure was aware of it , however he did nothing , like it was normal .

 

He must have seen Chanhee , he must have known ..

Then why was he not scolding him ?

 

I was so engrossed in my thinking until Chanhee raised his hands and asked for permission to go to the restroom .

 

" oh  . chanyong-ssi  , please accompany chanhee . "

 

I had to tilt my head at  that .

My eyes flew to where Chanhee was , waiting for his reaction and sure he groaned quietly .

 

" No . Teacher kim , please . I know my way . "

 

I rubbed my index against my lips back and forth , furrowing my eyebrows at the situation .


 

" Chanhee- ssi , i know you do . just in case . "

 

I watched as he sighed more like whined in defeat then a guy , probably that changyong , stood up as well .

 

A soft click drew my attention , Chanhee's movements were delicate and cautious , very cautious .


 

Suddenly , my eyes widened , a low gasp escaped my lips before I placed my right hand over it , I felt my stomach drop as i linked everything together .

Everything clicked .

 

I stared at Chanhee's seat in complete sympathy , feeling extremely sad and ashamed of myself because i assumed his actions were weird .

 

A strong wave of guilt swarmed me up , I felt like a part of me has just died for i had a thing for the blind .

 

When Chanhee came back , I kept staring at him even though i knew my look would never be returned , he was a seat just in front of me on a different row .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 





 

Upon witnessing his new student giving Chanhee such looks , Mr kim inwardly sighed , reprimanding himself for not giving the poor new guy an insight .


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ ♦ ~

 

 

 

 

 


 

Days have passed and it became kind of a routine for Byunghun to spend time with Teacher kim , who took it as his mission to help the said know more about  Chanhee and fill his curiosity .

They used to sit somewhere around the school garden , a pretty much  secluded area of it , to provide needed privacy .

Byunghun had to close his eyes and picture whatever his teacher was saying as the wind blew about , softly blowing his blonde hair away .

 

" Chanhee was not really approachable , by the same token he never approached people which i don't blame him for .

Many things were deemed " prohibited  "  , at least that's his point of view . "

 

" Niel's cheerfulness and noisiness made him the one commonly accepted as more friendly between the two and even though he was younger  , Niel's influence was the chief reason Chanhee's mother considered letting her son in a normal school instead of one for those in need . "

 

Byunghun nodded , sighing deeply as he absorbed everything as if he were to be examined on it the following day and needed to memorize it .

 

He didn't know why he was so interested in Chanhee , sometimes he felt he was violating the other boy's privacy .

 

But then again , it was the teacher doing it ..

 

He must have had a reason , right ?

 

 

 

" About the people being nice to Chanhee .. Maybe it was pity , maybe they really cared .

some may feel like " Oh , it's a shame , he is really handsome . "

 

Teacher kim smiled as he recalled a certain day he ran into Niel and Chanhee .

He greeted them from afar but kept an eye on them .

 

It seemed like Niel was telling one of his silly jokes that made a smile etch itself on Chanhee's face nonetheless .

A smile teacher kim has never seen Chanhee wear .

A smile he never gave to anyone .. A real one , breathtaking .


 

However , the heartwarming memory was soon reduced to fragments , crushed into sympathy .

 

" I sometimes wonder why .. "

 

Byunghun squinted his eyes , perplexed as to what the teacher had meant .

 

" Why someone as pure as Chanhee had to suffer losing the most crucial sense to us - human beings - . "

" But then again , what would that make me ? I wouldn't be a believer if i thought so . "


 

Byunghun was snapped out of his thoughts as teacher kim patted his student's thighs before getting up , smiling as if he had concluded his story .

 

 

 

 

 

 







 

Days later , the teacher had winked at Byunghun as though he had set him with the girl of his dreams .



 

Daniel had issues that day so he couldn’t attend school and consequently Chanhee was left out .

 

Daniel was the only soul Chanhee would spend time with in school , in the break time .

 

The teacher , being the opportunist that he was , thought that was nothing but fate giving its sign .

 

And so he motioned for Byunghun to be Niel’s substitute for the day .

 

He had noticed how Byunghun seemed genuinely interested in knowing Chanhee a bit more but was hesitant or maybe even discouraged by his own lack of social skills .

 

Thinking that “ Mini push .  “ was all those two could have possibly needed , the teacher sighed in satisfaction as he left his command then made his way towards his own office .



 

And that was how they ended up strolling down the hallway .

 

Upon taking a turn , Byunghun noticed two girls dashing  in their direction - like retards - .  

 

So , he instinctively warned and pulled  Chanhee towards him at the same time causing the said to gasp , taken aback .

They both managed to avoid the girls but ended up losing their balance and came in contact with the harsh tiles , Byunghun’s scrawny built not helping .  

Chanhee fell on top of Byunghun , dropping his shades  in the process for he was adjusting it just as Byunghun pulled him in his direction .

 

Again , Chanhee fell on top of Byunghun , dropping his shades leading to a rather  shocking discovery .

 

When Byunghun winced at the impact of their fall , he instinctively closed an eye tight .

However  , the other one managed to catch a glimpse of Chanhee’s ones .

 

His eyes were focused !

 

Chanhee’s eyes were focused .

 

Behind those shades lied a pair of enchantingly captivating chocolate brown eyes .

 

The blonde  , confused , stayed still .

His mouth went agape that he didn’t even get to process it when Chanhee nervously picked his glasses up from Byunghun’s chest  and scurried away to who knows where .

 

It took him a whole lot of searching until he found Chanhee , hunched up as he sat by the schools garden extended to the old building .


 

How he managed to guess that ?

 

He recalled that time Niel told him , more like slipped with his tongue that Chanhee loved that place .

 

He had grown kinda close to Niel , the guy was overly friendly after all .

 

Byunghun liked to believe Niel was to thank for the progress they have made in their friendship .

 

Ever since he lived in America ,  Byunghun’s personality has changed a lot .

 

Now , with his parents still living there whilst he came back to korea , his life was relatively different .

 

Though his parents were not around , they sent him a good sum of money every month and made sure he was doing ok .

 

They called him daily , if they could .

 

Despite the distance between them , they were deeply connected .

 

He smiled at the thought oh his family before approaching Chanhee .

 

With careful steps , He inched closer to Chanhee who kept staring at his own feet whilst sitting on a bench that trees gave shade to .

 

“ you can see .. ?  “

 

Byunghun’s tone was sort of mixed .

He didn’t know if she should fact it or ask it out .

 

Too astonished by it , the blonde had his lips waiting for the answer .

 

But he never expected the other to raise his head and snap at him .

 

“ YOU know nothing !! “

He yelled , standing up with all force .

 

“ Even with us being that close , I could only make up the outlines of your face . “

 

“ All of my world is a faint blur . If i’m gonna go blind any ways , better get used to it . “

 

Byunghun held his breath in as the other raged  all he wanted .

 

He gulped as Chanhee paused taking his breath .

 

“ It is actually blurry because of those tears , Chanhee . “

 

It was only then that the purple haired noticed it as he started blinking .

His face felt wet .. He was for sure tearing up .

 

His heart faded in and out as those words hit him .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter