New Home

A New Pack

Jonghyun had walked miles upon miles through the lush forest searching for a new home. It was around that time where he was to leave the pack he was born in and either find another pack to join, or find another lone wolf that was on the same journey as him. He had lost some sense of security since he had left his family's territory. Packs didn't live right next to each other. There was plenty of space between one family and another, but still Jonghyun had high nerves. He had never ventured this far out and he didn't know what new things he'd find. As long as he didn't run into anything bigger than him then he would be ok.

This forest was gigantic there were so many new smells all the way out here. There were different trees and plants and the scenery changed the further he kept going.

He was no longer with his bigger than normal pack so he could only take down small animals in the meantime such as rabbits and foxes. He had to hunt more often since the food portions were small but he knew the faster he found a pack or another lone wolf, the faster they could take down bigger meals.

He was very happy to begin a life with his new pack but he was also nervous. What if they didn't like him? He was a bit on the smaller side compared to most wolves, but he had strength and stamina to make up for it. He was an excellent hunter. He could offer that to his new pack. He just really hoped they'd like him. He'd do whatever he could to make his new family happy with him.

He had spent a night sleeping and thankfully nothing had attacked him in his slumber. In the morning he had set off determined to find a family today. The sun was high in the sky and broke through between the leaves and branches to cast over his soft mixed color coat with white and blondes. The breeze was circling through the air bringing all the new smells there were in this part of the woods to Jonghyun's curious nose. The song birds chirps pretty melodies above him. It just felt like it was going to be a good day. He felt like this was the day he'd meet his pack.

Thankfully, he always heard and smelled a creak nearby whenever he started to feel thirsty. It was also good to wash off any blood and dirt. First impressions were everything.

His pink tongue scooped up the running creak water and his furry ears turned in and out keeping his attention on his surroundings.

And That's when he heard the faints yips and howls from a bit away.

It was another pack.

He tore his head up from the creak, water drops dripping from his wet chin, and turned quickly to begin moving in that direction.

The further he got, the clearer he could hear all the voices of this new pack. He heard pups and adults and he couldn't contain his excitement. His tongue rolled out of his mouth and he panted as he started jogging. There was always the chance that they could not like him and run him out and he'd be bolting with his tail between his legs praying to make it out without a scratch on him.

But most of the times packs were very accepting and warmed up quickly to new members. It was just good to be cautious and scan out the pack incase they clearly gave off a 'no new members allowed' vibe.

His heart pounded in his chest with excitement and his body shivered with his aching nerves. He could do this. Everyone did this at some point in their Were life. Why wouldn't they let him in? What was there to not like about him?

He pepped himself up until the pack was only a few feet away. Thankfully, he found himself on a cliff over looking the very den of the new pack. He had the advantage here. He could see them, but they couldn't see him, as long as he didn't draw attention to himself.

He laid down on the edge of the cliff which in actuality wasn't that far up from the ground. If he fell, it would hurt pretty bad, and he could strain something, but he wouldn't die. That was good to keep in mind in case he got corned and had to jump. Worst case scenario.

He rested his chin on his front paws and his eyes scanned over everything. The young pups were out jumping around and most adults were laying down in the grass. It was a nice secluded area with a creak nearby. The sun highlighted everything perfectly and the smell of everything here was just what he dreamed of. The bark of these kind of trees smelled different but lovely, the fresh running water just seemed to make the air clear and refreshing to breath, the flowers tantalized his nose and he felt like rolling around in a patch of them, and the field had tall grass, just perfect to take a nap in. He sighed. This would be the perfect home. It was even better than he imagined.

He ducked his ears down when saw several other wolves coming out from a denser part of forest, dragging along a giant dead buck.

Whoa. He thought, ears perking up and heartbeat quickening. These must be the strongest wolves in their pack. Their huge!

It must have been no problem to take down the animal, not when several strong and big wolves went after it. They dragged the kill to the rest of the pack as if it weighed as light as a bundle of flowers and soon the whole pack was circling around waiting their turn to eat.

Jonghyun's stomach growled and he was pretty hungry for deer. As just one wolf, it would be impossible to catch one. The meat was so tender though, like a dove's and his mouth watered watching them tear apart their meal.

He would have to wait until the wolves were done eating. The worst time to go up to a wolf was when they had their meal in their mouth. Unless you were the pack's pups, there would be no reason to go walking around a kill unless you wanted your face bitten off.

Jonghyun obviously expected the alpha pair to eat first, but the wolf that went after them, the wolf that had looked like the leader of the hunting pack caught Jonghyun's eye. He was strong of course and big and after eating walked around surveying the rest of the pack, tail held high in confidence. Alpha material no doubt. If he wasn't the next best thing in line to become the alpha leader, then Jonghyun didn't know who was.

He watched the pack eat and contemplated going to get a small kill for himself and then coming back, but then he would be dirty again and have to find a creek to wash up and he wanted to meet this new pack now.

Well he did want to go down there until he saw that confident wolf that was more intimidating than the two alphas of the pack. Where did he go anyway? Jonghyun didn't see him down there. Was he not looking hard enough? He scanned over the den and the wolves lying in the grass. Only the lower ranking wolves were still eating but that wolf was far from the low. He felt a little antsy but he tried to stay calm. He was way up here, and he would have noticed if any of the wolves had spotted him. He had been safe up here.

Right?

Jonghyun didn't hear the pads of feet sink into the ground or the tips of nails clipping up dirt. He didn't hear any breathing, and he didn't feel the intense gaze watching him from right behind.

He didn't hear the threatening growl until it was too. He was spinning around on his feet by the time the wolf was already in the air and had pounced him, sending him tumbling hard to the ground on his back.

Jonghyun whimpered as if he had been bit, but it was only because of the deadly growl thrown his way and the snarling set of teeth right in front of his face. He couldn't look into the fierce golden eyes glaring down at him just daring him to fight, without whimpering like a lost puppy. The wolf snarled and snapped his jaws and Jonghyun cried out in fear.

"What are you doing here spying on my pack for? Are you asking to get killed?!"

The tone was harsh and deadly, just testing Jonghyun to make one wrong move so this wolf could kill him.

"No! I'm not here to hurt anybody! I left my own pack to find another one and this was the first one I-I found."

He held his paws up to his chest and tried to stay still praying that if he didn't move he wouldn't get his throat ripped out. He knew that this wolf was to be taken seriously. No stupid jokes could get Jonghyun out of this. Just pray he lets you go.

Surprising and to Jonghyun's amazement, the wolf backed up. Jonghyun didn't know if he was allowed to get back to his feet yet, but he wasn't taking any chances.

"If you're really here to join a new pack, I will take you to my Leader, but don't think I don't have my eyes on you."

Jonghyun slowly rolled over to his side, and let out the breath he had been holding, scared that his life was going to end right there. He took another deep breath before getting up on his shaky feet. He held his head low while slowly walking up to the other wolf and then stopped, unsure why he wasn't moving.

"You get in front so I can make sure you don't try anything with me."

Jonghyun didn't need to be told twice.

---

His heart was beating fast as he approached the alpha pair, and the scary wolf behind him didn't calm his nerves much either. His head and tail swung low to the ground. He didn't want to give off the impression that he was over confident and another packs territory definitely wasn't the place to act so.

He felt the stares of the rest of the pack watching him and he felt like they were all judging him. He was a tiny omega, but he was strong! If only they gave him one chance, he'd show them!

The alpha male was sitting and waiting for Jonghyun as soon as he saw his second in command leading him down to their grounds. Jonghyun could tell this was the true alpha because of his steady and wise gaze, and the authority that was in the air around him. He would be the one to say if Jonghyun was in or not.

Suddenly the wolf behind him rushed to the lLader.

"Jinki, I found this wolf watching up from up on the cliff and he says he wishes to join our pack."

The alpha nodded and looked at Jonghyun. His gaze was soft and understanding. "Is that true?"

Jonghyun lifted his head a little bit and his ears didn't lay so flat any more. His tail even gave a small friendly wiggle. He enjoyed the welcoming voice of their Leader.

"Yeah, I don't mean any harm. I only want to find a new home."

Jinki nodded again. "Very well. You look strong enough to go on hunts with the pack, even though you are an omega. I'm sure the alpha's wouldn't mind another hand. I smell no disease from you. If you were sick, I'd have to send you away for the safety of my pack. You can stay and for the first week Taemin here will look out for you. To show you around the place, if you need any help and to make sure you stay out of trouble."

Jinki talked so smoothly, it was as if he had said this before. Maybe Jonghyun hadn't been the first one to get in this pack.

He looked over and saw the wolf, Taemin, offer a small smile and a flick of his tail. He seemed less threatening than before, maybe even a little playful.

Maybe even a little cute.

---

The first week was a little nerve wracking. He didn't know anybody and wasn't he most confident to strike up conversation. To be honest, he liked to play more than talk and would have loved to jump around with the pups, but because he was being supervised to make sure he would harm no other member here, especially the pups and Leaders, he had to keep some space between him and the others.

Taemin had no fear in walking right next to him. There wasn't much to be afraid of if you were an alpha.

Taemin turned out to actually be pretty nice (he had only been threatening before because what wolf wouldn't when they saw a stranger watching their family from the shadows) and showed him all around their territory. He showed Jonghyun where the hot spot was for kills and that the stream near their den led them to a bigger lake that was beautiful and so many creatures such as frogs and lizards and chipmunks were always around the lake. They went there a lot just to walk around and have an afternoon drink. It was a nice peaceful resting place and Jonghyun maybe laid down a little too close to Taemin than he probably should have.

He couldn't help it. Taemin was handsome and confident and a strong alpha. Who wanted want to be with him?

The rest of the pack adored Taemin too but if they weren't a wolf that had come from a different pack, then they couldn't be Taemin's mate. Taemin was the Leader's son and only the alpha pair had the pups in the family. That's how packs worked.

So that was a plus for Jonghyun. There wasn't much competition. Only one alpha and an omega come into this pack before him and the omega was a girl that had her eyes on Taemin all the time. She'd run up and at Taemin's chin as a thank you when he brought home a meal for the pack. Jonghyun thought she really over did it though when she whined and whimpered and wouldn't leave him the hell alone. Jonghyun's lip may have turned up into a snarl whenever her tongue too close to Taemin's mouth. Taemin enjoyed the attention and the gratitude, but other than that he didn't take her offerings when she rolled around in the grass and yipped for him to come join. Jonghyun was thankful for Taemin's disinterest. If Taemin had accepted her offer, Jonghyun would have started a dog fight with her... in his mind at least. He'd be kicked out if he actually did such a thing, especially after entering this pack so soon.

Taemin showed him his place to sleep. He was lower ranking since he was a new comer but the pack wasn't heartless. The didn't make him sleep outside the cave. Jonghyun was able to come inside.

The pack really warmed up to him after the first week. They could see how much he was really trying to please the rest and how eager he was to play whenever the pups stumbled by. He'd wag his tail and yip while rolling around on the ground when the pups walked passed him just to show that he was interested in playing, unlike these other boring adults. After the first week, Jonghyun was able to be near them. He let them push him over onto his back and jump around on him. He was so gentle with them and knew not to play rough. He'd bump them with his nose and even play tug of war with them with small sticks.

The rest of the pack began to talk to him more and more frequently. Jonghyun was all sunshine smiles and intense-tail-wags to everyone. All he wanted was to be accepted, and they began to give him the feeling that he was. He was nice to everyone, even that omega girl who eventually eloped with one of the Leader's other sons.

Jonghyun tried his best when they went hunting. Every pack had different strategies and Jonghyun caught on to Jinki's rules quickly. His muscles and stamina really helped him out and he felt his presence and strength was needed when they were pulling down prey.

It wasn't bad to go on hunts to also see the way Taemin stalked down prey. He made hunting look hot by crouching low to the ground and slinking through the grass on such silent and stealthy feet. His ears were always propped forward and that wild gaze never left the victim, not even to blink. Taemin went into his own world and it threw off Jonghyun a few times.

---

"What do you look like as a human?"

Jonghyun was startled. Him and Taemin had gone out to the lake to rest after eating one of the meals that they had killed. They were full and being near the lake was the perfect quiet place. No howls, no puppy whines. It was just the tricking of the water and the buzzing dragonflies that flew around. It was around sunset. They had been out here for about an hour and were lying in the golden colored grass painted from the setting sun, when Taemin out of the blue had lifted his head from the ground and asked that question.

"U-uh."

He honestly didn't even have an answer for the alpha even though he loved when Taemin talked to him and showed the slightest bit of interest in him.

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders and set his chin on his paws. The fur above his eyes rose as he eyed Taemin from the corner of his eyes.

"I don't know. Normal I guess. I don't normally change into my human form. I like being a wolf. Being a human is quite boring."

"I want to see."

Jonghyun blinked and noticed now the intense gaze Taemin was eyeing him with.

He gulped and started fretting. What if Taemin didn't like the way he looked? Then any chance of his crush becoming anything more would get shot down. Jonghyun didn't know if he was ready for that just yet.

"Well..."

Jonghyun turned his head away and rested it on the span of his arm. "Why do you want to see so badly? I'd probably look gross to you anyways. You probably look better than me."

Taemin went silent after that.

Jonghyun's ears prickled at the movement behind him and figured Taemin was coming close. He thought refusing to comply would spark Taemin's interest. He played through his head Taemin coming up to him and bumping him with his nose and telling him to "Do it.", and Jonghyun replying with "Make me then." and then they would wrestle. Jonghyun wouldn't mind getting pinned to the ground this time by Taemin.

To pull him out of his train of thought, he felt a soft hand through the fluffy fur on the back of his neck.

"Well... do I look better than you?"

That voice didn't have the bite and the edge as the wolf he was talking to just seconds ago. It was soft like clouds and as pretty as a lullaby.

This was a human talking. Taemin had transformed.

Jonghyun turned his head swiftly in Taemin's direction and stood up because of how startled he was. He looked Taemin up and down, taking in everything at once. His beautiful cream colored body was sitting on the ground and his waist and neckline looked so delicate and slim, but Jonghyun didn't miss the firm and tone muscles in his arms. The wolf eyed his face and how the soft chocolate hair with dark red strips, just like his fur coat, fell into his light golden and wild eyes. That was always the dead giveaway of the Were. Their eyes, when looked into, resembled the wild and free spirited animal that they truly were. Jonghyun got caught on the shape of Taemin's lips and what a delicious pink they were.

Taemin smirked. He wondered if Jonghyun aws even aware of the fact that his tail was wagging and he was his lips, eyes fixed on the hot stuff in front of him. He placed his hand under Jonghyun furry chin and scratch it for him.

"You don't care about letting how you really feel show, do you?"

Jonghyun whined and tapped his paw against Taemin's knee. He moved closer, brushing his chest against Taemin's and sitting down practically in his lap. He leaned down and under Taemin's chin in a submissive manner.

Taemin chuckled and pet down Jonghyun over the top of the head to try and calm him.

"I was wondering if you'd ever do that like that other omega did. Don't think I didn't know how jealous you looked from the start, Jonghyun."

The wolf whined and bumped his head into Taemin's shoulder embarrassed, but it wasn't like he was hiding how he really felt at the moment either.

Taemin scratched behind his ear for him, earning a very happy tail wag from the wolf.

"It's your turn, Jonghyun."

The wolf backed up a little and whined. His ears went flat and tail fell still, but in the next few seconds a human body replaced the wolf that was just standing there. Jonghyun was sitting and hunched over, hair bright blonde and falling over in front of his face. He really didn't want Taemin looking at him like this. He felt really vulnerable and weird.

"How am I supposed to get a good look at you if you're hiding from me?" Taemin came closer on his knees and lifted Jonghyun's chin up with his hands. All he saw was beautiful warm eyes, cute high cheekbones, and full pink lips. Taemin didn't see what was so wrong. "Are you afraid to be like this in front of me?"

Jonghyun looked down but Taemin had seen the dark blush on his face. He nodded at the question.

Taemin let go and leaned down on the ground to look up at the face of the sulking boy.

"I think you look great."

Even though it was such a small compliment, it managed to lift half a smile to Jonghyun's lips, but he tried to deny.

"You don't have to lie to try and make me feel better."

"Would I lie to you, Jonghyun?"

The blonde slid his hand over the long and soft grass in front of him, liking the way it felt against his fingers.

"No..."

Taemin leaned forward and placed one hand on the ground to hold his weight up. He ran his other hand through the side of the man's hair and scratched the back of his head, making the omega's eyes droop. Jonghyun glanced at him with half lidded eyes.

"I'd be lying if I said you weren't one of the better looking omegas that I've seen in my life."

The dark blush remained on Jonghyun's cheeks and his nostrils flared. They only did that when he was furious or anxious, but Jonghyun was far from mad right now. Taemin was close and scratching his head for him and saying such nice things to him. What had he done to deserve this?

Taemin grinned and the hand scratching at Jongnhyun's head slid down to his broad shoulder and glided from collarbone to collarbone.

"So..."

Taemin's hand glided up his neck and he thumbed over Jonghyun's jaw line affectionately.

"Do you think I look good."

Jonghyun believed Taemin already knew the answer to this and was just trying to make him admit things that he was too shy to admit.

Taemin leaned closer and Jonghyun lost his breath to even speak. Taemin was too close and too much of a charmer and smelled too good. It felt dangerous to be under his claws, but Jonghyun all but wanted to be under his control.

His brain cranked to a stop and fizzed out when Taemin ghosted his delectable lips so close to his that he could feel his warm breath, and because Taemin's actions shot Jonghyun's nerve, he stumbled out, "Y-yes!"

Taemin didn't kiss him like Jonghyun expected him too as an award, that little brat, but he did wolfishly grin and flicked his tongue over the tip of Jonghyun's nose.

"Right answer."

Jonghyun wiped the wet spot off his nose. That was in all honestly just a friendly action that any wolf did. It was the same as just at their chin.

"Come on, Jonghyun, let's go."

The omega looked over and saw Taemin standing as a wolf a few feet away from him. He must have changed while he transformed because halfway through his sentence his voice went from smooth to edgy.

Jonghyun obeyed his words and after a white mist swirled around him and he was a wolf again, he was following the tail of the alpha back home very happily.

---

The pack noticed how friendly the newcomer and one of their alphas had become. They were normally side by side and only Jonghyun had the ability to get Taemin to jump around and play with him.

During spring they'd dance around in the rain together.

During summer they would hang out by the lake and even step into it to cool off if it was a really hot day.

During fall they'd roll around in piles of leaves and chase each other with red and orange and purple leave flying up around them.

During winter their heavy coats kept them warm enough to walk around outside but the extra warmth from standing close and rubbing their heads into the other's coat affectionately wasn't too bad either.

As the year rolled to an end and winter was almost over, that was when Jonghyun felt his first heat take him over. He was able to realize the signs of it about to happen before it go too serious. He didn't want to be around the pack when he went into it. That would just be embarrassing, so when he began to feel this strange tingling in his stomach that he had never felt before and his skin just barely starting to feel warmer, he managed to slip away and into the denser part of the woods as his pack was heading to the cave to go to sleep.

The walk through the forest tonight was terrible. He took the way him and Taemin always went when they came down to the lake and he was starting to regret it. Everything smelled like Taemin. His alpha scent was everywhere and Jonghyun even found himself rubbing up against some trees and in the grass where his scent was very strong.

The heat began to build and spread through his entire body but he continued walking. He wasn't far enough away. He didn't want his pack hearing him whimper and falling apart into a heated mess.

He began to pant and realized that he really wanted to mate.

He walked until his heat took over him and he was rolling on the grass whimpering and all he could think about was Taemin.

Taemin. Taemin. Taemin.

His nose was greedy for the alpha pheromones in the air and his nails scratched against the dirt and grass. His tiny growls and whimpers echoed in the small distance around him so thankfully no one from the pack, which was quite a bit away, could hear him.

Unless someone had followed him all the way out here.

Jonghyun lifted his head and looked behind him when he heard foot steps. His heart stopped when he saw those familiar golden eyes staring at him the way they stared at prey when stalking it.

Taemin was here and Jonghyun tried to keep his cool.

He flipped over on his stomach and offered a kind smile as if his mind hadn't just wandered to dirtier places with Taemin in them.

"H-hey, Tae."

Jonghyun shivered when the darker wolf said nothing, head swept low to the ground and arms stalking closer to him slowly. His dark coat made him somewhat blend in with the dark forest around him, and his two glowing eyes were set right on the omega. Besides the moon, they were the only bright things in these woods at this time of night. Jonghyun started panting again and his tail moved on it's own signaling his uncontrollable excitement that Taemin was here. A small whine bubbled in his throat because Taemin had never looked at him that way and it was making his heat even worse. He felt his control over his composure slipping further and further away.

Taemin smirked down at him and Jonghyun should have felt embarrassed that Taemin had caught him like this, but instead, he whimpered and stood up to cautiously under the alpha's chin a few times.

He wanted him so badly.

Jonghyun stood still but watched the alpha circle around him. His claws clipped at the dirt and dead leaves under his paws. Taemin had a look in his eyes that had Jonghyun's limbs trembling and he would have fallen over if....

"Well, well,well." Taemin spoke, with a dark growl in his tone. "I thought I smelled a treat trying to get away."

He would had fallen over if Taemin hadn't mounted him.

 

 

ZIi6ryB.jpg

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed that cliffhanger XD

and i also had to change every 'beta' to 'omega' since i accidentally made that mistake AGAIN XD *the probs of writing wolf fics guys lol. so if you see the word beta it should be omega, even though I'm sure i fixed them all

comments are really appriciated! :D