Frustration

Frustration (One-Shot)

Frustrated.

It was the only word that could accurately describe Yang Yoseob right now.  He was frustrated and he didn’t know what to do.  For the past couple months B2ST’s main vocalist had been noticing a change in himself.  He’d been noticing different things about a certain band mate.  That certain band mate was also occupying the brunette’s thoughts almost all the time now and it was making it very difficult for the young boy to function normally.  That band mate was none other than his fearless leader, Yoon Doojoon.

Yoseob had been noticing the way Doojoon’s hair stood on top of his head, making his face look longer and more attractive.  He’d been noticing the way the older boy walked, with his shoulders back carrying an aura that screamed confidence.  He’d even noticed the way Doojoon ate, as creepy as that sounds, his long fingers grasping his chopsticks in an elegant manner.  The way his mouth moved with each bite, accentuating that strong jaw line. 

He’d started thinking differently after the discoveries he’d made.

He’d begun thinking that Doojoon’s tan skin was gorgeous, the way it stretched over strong muscles creating a perfect figure.  He’d started to think Doojoon’s actions were cute and charming.  Like when Doojoon would hold the door for him and the rest of the members.  He’d even started thinking of how depressing it was when the older boy wasn’t around, like when he had his own schedules. 

Yang Yoseob was the epitome of frustration.  He was frustrated by the way the older boy was making him feel.

Yoseob had been acting goofy around the older boy.  He would often slip in to a day dream of the two hanging out, being together and just genuinely happy.  The brunette had been feeling jealous when he’d see the older boy with someone else, laughing with them, smiling at them, just being next to another person.  He felt disheartened when the other boy was not around, his mind missing that comforting presence that would always cheer him up when he was sad or calm him down when he was upset.

Yang Yoseob was frustrated and he needed a distraction.  He needed a distraction to keep him from doing anything stupid. 

The distraction could come from anywhere; Yoseob would take anything he could get. 

He would play video games with Dongwoon late in to the night trying to exhaust himself so that he could fall asleep quickly instead of laying awake, staring at the handsome face a few feet away.

He would work out with Kikwang, sort of, to kill time instead of sitting at the dorm with nothing to do but ogle his leader.  He would mostly just tag along with the other boy when he went to the gym and try out the cool looking machines until he’d worn himself out.

Yoseob would cling to Junhyung to keep himself from clinging to Doojoon.  It didn’t make a lot of sense, but Junhyung went along with it and he was thankful for that.  Hyunseung understood enough and didn’t bring it up when his boyfriend was stolen away to be hugged by the vocalist.

Today’s distraction came in the form of Hyunseung.  Yoseob had asked the 4D prince to stay with him after practice and work on their new dance routines.  Promotions were still a couple months off but Hyunseung’s confused face was soon replaced with a smile and a nod as he looked into the brunette’s pleading eyes.

“Ok, then you move your foot to the left and hop a little on it,” Hyunseung explained, while demonstrating what the move was supposed to look like, “it’s easier if you do a small bounce first.”

“Like this?” Yoseob asked, copying the move exactly.

“Yeah, that’s perfect,” the dancer praised, “You’ve got the dance down packed, Seobie, I don’t know why you thought you needed help.”

“I just wanted to make sure,” the vocalist shrugged.

“Well, I’m sure you’re great,” Hyunseung smiled, “now we’ve been at this for 2 extra hours and you’re doing awesome.  You ready to call it a day?”

“You can go, I think I’ll stay for a little bit longer,” Yoseob smiled, “thanks again, Hyunseungie.”

“You sure?” The older boy asked, a bit anxious to get back to the dorm but not really wanting to leave the younger boy behind.

“Yeah, don’t worry about me,” Yoseob smiled, positioning himself in front of the mirror again.  He wasn’t really in the mood to sit around the dorm for he knew thoughts of Doojoon would invade his mind and take over his self control.

There was no doubt that Yoseob was madly in love with Doojoon and there was nothing he could do.  He couldn’t risk saying something and making it awkward for the rest of the band.  He didn’t want to ruin the friendship that he’d built with the other man, so he wouldn’t do anything.  He’d keep everything inside; it was for the best after all.

‘If I was anyone else in the world,’ Yoseob thought as he twisted to the right, ‘I could confess and be happy.  If he was a girl,’ A slide to the left, ‘I could confess and be happy.  If I wasn’t so weak,’ A hop to the right,‘I could confess and be happy.  He doesn’t even have to accept my feelings,’ Yoseob panted, waiting for the song to start once more. ‘I just want to get it off my chest.’ The beat began and Yoseob once again started moving to the music, sliding and twisting and turning until he couldn’t move anymore.  ‘I just want to know what to do.’ He was at his breaking point. 

He was at his breaking point and there was nothing the poor boy could do but bottle up his feelings with a smile.

Yoseob was worn out when the song ended once more.  He lay on the floor of the practice room, panting up at the ceiling trying to keep the thoughts of his current obsession out of his brain. 

He was failing miserably. 

Yoseob thought of what it would be like if Doojoon was here right now.  He’d probably order him to stop overworking himself like this.  “It’s not healthy.  You’ll get sick if you keep pushing yourself,” Dream Doojoon said.  It wasn’t exactly romantic, but a small smile tugged at Yoseob’s lips as he thought of how caring the leader was.

God he needed help.  At least there wasn’t anyone else here and he didn’t have to worry about making an awkward situation for everyone.

Yoseob stood once more, clearing his head of lingering thoughts of his leader with a small shake as he started the music once more.

*Step, step, hop.  Glide, slip, twist, turn.  Pant, skip, twist, pant, misstep, pant.*

The brunette was breathing heavily as he lay on the floor once more.  He covered his eyes with the inside of his elbow, trying to catch his breath as the fatigue was finally catching up to him.  He’d started messing up the routine, which only added to his frustration.

The exhausted vocalist debated getting up once more to practice the dance again but his inner argument was cut short when he felt an icy object being pressed to his neck.

Yoseob jumped in shock, opening his eyes immediately to see a silhouette against the bright lights above him.  Once his eyes adjusted his gaze fell upon the flawless face above him.  He stared longingly at those full lips, those sideburns that framed his face so well, that impeccable jaw and those eyes.  Those eyes that hypnotized him every time he looked in to them, just like now.

“How about a break?” Doojoon suggested, moving to take a seat next to the small brunette.  The older boy had already gone back to the dorm and showered up only to have ventured back to CUBE for some reason or other.

“Uh, yeah, th-thanks,” Yoseob said in a small voice, taking the water bottle that was still touching his neck.

“No problem,” Doojoon answered with a smile, showing those perfect white teeth. “Hyunseung said you were still practicing, so I came to check up on you.”

Yoseob’s feeling of frustration once again bubbled up in his chest.  He took an annoyed sip from the bottle.  It was unfair; the man he was so infatuated with was sitting right next to him, so close, yet so far away. 

Yoseob stood with a huff, a frown forming on his face as he got to his feet.  He’d meant to walk over to the stereo to start the music again but was stopped when a strong hand grabbed his wrist.

He turned around with a sigh, trying to look as indifferent as possible.

“I think you’ve worked hard enough for today,” Doojoon said with a frown, pulling the younger to sit down again.

Yoseob complied, physically unable to resist once he met those eyes, “I was just…” he trailed off, unable to come up with a good reason to actually go through the routine again.

“Why are you pushing yourself so hard?  You’re just exhausting yourself needlessly,” the leader said stated.

“I just wanted to get the dance right,” Yoseob shrugged, pulling his wrist from the grasp of the older boy.

“Why? There’s still two more months before we even need to have it perfect,” Doojoon frowned, studying the younger boy’s face for any sign of what’s going on with him.

“I just want to get it right, is that so wrong?” Yoseob’s heart was racing and he was becoming uncomfortable, he tried avoiding Doojoon’s eyes.  If the guy in front of him didn’t leave soon he was sure he was going to do something stupid.  “Now can I please get back to practicing?”

“No,” Doojoon responded, leaning over to try to look Yoseob in the face, “but you can go home with me and take a rest.”

“Doojoon,” Yoseob deadpanned, keeping his eyes trained on the floor, “I want to keep practicing.”

“You’re going to work yourself into the ground if you keep this up, Seob,” Doojoon leaned back, resting his weight on his palms.

“That’s the point,” Yoseob not quite loud enough for Doojoon to hear.

“What was that?” Doojoon asked, leaning forward to try to hear what the brunette said.

“I said, THAT WAS THE POINT,” Yoseob yelled, his frustrations finally getting the better of him.

Doojoon was shocked.  He looked to the boy who had turned his head away from him; his shoulders shaking as he tried to hold back silent tears.  He took Yoseob’s chin and turned the brunette’s face to look him in the eye.

“Seob,” Doojoon asked with soft, almost pleading eyes, “what’s gotten in to you lately?”

Yoseob gently pushed the strong hand away.  He hugged his knees to his chest and rested his chin on top, “it doesn’t matter what’s gotten in to me.  I can’t get it out of me.”

“Seob?”

The brunette laughed, sadly, “Don’t worry about it,” he said, once more sprawling out on the floor.  It was then that he noticed how sweaty he had actually gotten as the cool damp fabric was pressed against his back, making him shiver slightly when he stretched.

“I can’t not worry about it,” Doojoon sighed, becoming frustrated himself.  He leaned over the small boy, surprising the brunette by the close proximity.  “You’ve been avoiding me lately,” the leader informed, “and you’ve been exhausting yourself.  It’s not healthy, Seob.”

Yoseob could feel the warm breath ghosting over his face; he could even smell Doojoon’s shampoo from here.  He looked up into those piercing eyes and he knew he couldn’t escape.  Not this time.  He turned his head to the side, trying to look anywhere but those eyes as he responded.

“It’s not fair,” Yoseob’s small voice barely reached Doojoon’s ear, but he heard it.

“What’s not fair?” Doojoon examined the younger’s face, with a hint of worry and desperation.

Yoseob sighed, “I don’t know.  I just…I don’t know.”  A single tear slid from the corner of that big round eye and Doojoon’s heart almost broke on the spot.

“Seob,” Doojoon slid his thumb over the wet trail, “I can’t help if you don’t tell me what’s bugging you.”

“It’s you,” Yoseob cried out, his voice wavering slightly.

“What?” Doojoon was clearly confused, “I don’t understand.”

“You’re what’s bugging me!” Yoseob cried, tears flowing freely from his eyes, “I can’t take it anymore, Doojoon.  You’re why I can’t think straight these days.  You’re the reason why I’m jealous when you’re with other people.  You’re the cause of my sadness when you’re not around.  You’re the reason why I’m so happy when you’re next to me and then I miss you so much the next minute when you have to leave.  You won’t get out of my head and nothing I do makes me feel better.  I can’t take it anymore!  I’m freaking in love with you and it’s killing me!”

Yoseob stared up into those eyes once more.  He was afraid they would leave, or they would have a look of disgust.  Anything that included a swift rejection but he was met with the opposite.  He was met with a smile that made the butterflies in him stomach flutter.

“Doojoonie,” Yoseob whispered, “you…you can get up now.”

Doojoon smirked.  

‘Well that’s not what I was expecting,’Yoseob thought to himself as his brain tried to figure out what was going on.

“Why would I get up? After that little speech you made I’d much rather just stay right here for a bit,” Doojoon whispered next to Yoseob’s ear.

“What? But the floor is dir-“

Yoseob was cut off from finishing his sentence when a pair of full, warm lips covered his own.  He was unable to respond at first, shock completely taking over his body.  After a few seconds though, when he’d realized Doojoon, the man he’d fallen in love with, was kissing him, he did the only sane thing he could think of.  He wrapped his arms firmly around that sturdy neck, tangled his fingers in that wonderful black hair and kissed that perfect man right back.

After about a minute the two finally separated, both panting while looking directly in each other’s eyes. 

“Since when?” Doojoon asked, gently holding Yoseob’s head off the ground with one hand tangled in those soft brown locks.

“A…A couple months, I guess,” Yoseob mumbled, avoiding Doojoon’s eyes in embarrassment.

“Yeah,” Doojoon chuckled, “me too.”

Yoseob met the other’s gaze with a stunned expression.

“Really?” A big smile spread across the younger boy’s face.

“Yeah,” Doojoon nodded, “now what do you say we get out of here now.  You’re probably pretty disgusting now from laying on this floor for so long.”

Yoseob giggled, pushing the other man away playfully, “yeah, well you just kissed a disgusting boy.”

Doojoon stood up, pulling the small boy with him, “I’d do it again, too.”

Yoseob blushed, “yah, just take me home already,” he said as he pushed the older boy towards the door.

“Yeah, yeah,” Doojoon chuckled, taking his new boyfriend by the hand and dragging him out of the building.

Yoseob was on cloud 9 right now.  Finally, after months of torturing himself he was finally able to feel happy around the man he loved.

 


AN: Hi everyone!  I hope you liked this! I'ts pretty different from what I usually write but then I did go back to the uber fluff at the end.  Oh well, I'm pretty nervous about it though since it's not my usual cavity inducing cotton candy fic style. Waaaahhhhhhh :D

I've been so inspired lately but I'm running out of free time to get it all written out so I end up jotting down ideas during classes and well...lol my grades hate me right now ^_^  But that's ok.  I just got a job and holy cow I'm exhausted and it's only been a weekend.  Ah well...we all have these bumps in the road.  Everyone! I love you!  Hwaiting!!! But I'll love you more if you comment o.O