Chapter 8

Anti-Venom

The next sound Shin was awoken to was Anna’s scream right next to her. His eyes burst open and he turned to his side.

 

Takuya’s hands were attached to her hair and upper arm. He was trying to pull her closer with his teeth bared and his pale eyes staring hungrily at her.

 

“STOP!!” Shin quickly grabbed Takuya’s arms and forced him back. Takuya snarled and fought against him weakly.

 

“What happened!?” Sangmin burst through the cell entrance with the other members close behind, all holding their guns.

 

“Give me that rope!” Shin shouted.

 

Yongseok reached for the rope near the door and helped Shin tie Takuya’s hands together and hold him down.

 

“Anna, are you okay?” Sangmin moved toward Anna, who was on the floor staring at Takuya wide-eyed and breathing hard.

 

“This is ridiculous…” Seyoung shook his head. “We have to kill him!”

 

“It was just an accident!” Shin looked at Seyoung.

 

“What are you saying?! Look at him, Shin! He’s a monster now! All he wants to do is eat us!”

 

“DON’T SAY THAT!” Shin yelled. “He’s gonna get better! We’re gonna cure him!”

 

“You still hold hope about the stupid cure?” Casper said lowly. “We haven’t come the slightest close to figuring it out!”

 

Seyoung’s thumb brushed against his gun and he rose it up slowly. “I said I didn’t want him to suffer...but now I don’t want us to die.”

 

Shin’s eyes widened at Seyoung. “DON’T DO IT! DON’T KILL HIM!!”

 

Seyoung pointed his gun at Takuya’s head and touched the trigger with his pointer finger.

 

“Wait!!” Anna shouted.

 

Everyone looked at her.

 

“...I think my mom discovered a cure.”