Chapter 1

The Day I Met You

When I first move to Seoul, Korea, I feel so lonely because I was living alone in another country without knowing anyone because I got offered to further my studies here at Korea University and my parents insisted me to take this opportunity but I was a bit worried because my family is not wealthy so I’m worried that I will only burdening them. Before I decided to came here, I already have my parents’ permission that I want to work part time while studying, my parents didn’t agreed at first but I try to convinced them until they agreed so now here I am in my new apartment, just settling down and unpack my stuffs.

That night, I went to the supermarket nearby to bought groceries and I bump into some guy but I can’t see clearly his face because he was wearing a hat under his hoody and we both bow and said sorry but he stopped and looked at me like he was seeing a ghost and I was puzzled, behind him there was a group of girls that was screaming ‘Oppa!!!’ but when we came back to our senses we saw that they were trying to take a picture of us but they didn’t managed to because he grab my hand and run to some place that we can hide which is in the dark alley nearby.

We stayed there until we’re safe to go, I was so out of breath then I heard this soft and sweet voice saying ‘I’m sorry to drag you with me but I had a feeling that they will be taking pictures of us and it will be on tomorrow news’, I didn’t respond to what he had said because I was so mesmerize by his voice until he wave his hand in front of my face, I came back to my senses but all I can think of is ‘why are they chasing you? Are you an idol or something?’ which kind of a stupid question at that time. I can still see that he was smiling a little bit even though it was dark and he just nodded which it shocked me and I apologize while running back to the supermarket but I heard him calling me but I just ignore it.

The next morning I wake up, I can still hear his sweet voice inside my head which makes me daydreaming for a moment but I try to shake it off and prepared myself for the first class. During class I have been noted that there some idols in my class which they warned me not to disturb them and just focused on the lectures, do they think I was some kind of fangirl who is obsess with them while I don’t even know any of the idols or actors here.

After the class ended, I was packing up my stuffs but when I was on my way out of the class, I noticed that there this one guy kept on staring at me but I just ignore him. Since that day, that guy kept on staring at me every time we have class together but the way he stared give me the impression that I should know who he is but I just shake it off my head and went to find a part time job.

The next day, I went to the library to do some research for my assessment but I was shocked went at the very end of library there was a small space between shelves, someone pull my hand and push me against the wall, when I look up it was that guy and I was kind of scared and asked, ‘what do you want?’, he replied ‘don’t you remember me?’ and I was shocked to hear his voice, it was the same guy from that night and I was liked ‘so this is how you look’ without even realizing I just said it out loud which my face turn red and I just looked away.

He was laughing a little to hear that and said, ‘I though you saw my face’ and I responded ‘it was dark plus you’re wearing a hat under a hoody, how can you expect me to see you clearly’, ‘oh, sorry’ he said and I just shook my head but then he reach for my phone and called his number and just liked that he got my number and he just said ‘thanks, we’ll keep in touch’ and walk away while I was still blank.