Final

Prom To Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Girls stressing out over their promdress and their prom dates. Promposals left and right. Advertisement for Prom everywhere. Let's just say Prom is popular everywhere, including at my school. My friends have been stressing out about all kinds of things, whilst I didn't feel that pressured. I don't need a date to have fun. There's in my opinion too much pressure around Prom and finding a date. 

"Hurry up, Sara! We still have to go to the mall!" My friend, Gina, shouted at me from the other end of the hallway. I sighed and quickly hurried over to the entrance of the school, where she was standing. I was holding some of my books in one hand and my bag in the other hand. On my way there, I suddenly bumped into someone, making me fall to the ground along with my books. I heaved out a big sigh, "God, can't you watch out where you're going next time?" Quickly getting up, I started picking up my books. The person who bumped into me helped me and handed me my books.

"I'm sorry, I was just in a bit of a rush.." He softly muttered.

"Ok, thanks," I said. I walked away and again, hurried over to the entrance, where Gina was impatiently waiting for me. ", what took you so long?" She nagged. 

"Bumped into someone, sorry." 

"Who? That guy?" She looked over my shoulder and pointed at someone standing behind me. I frowned and turned around, only to see the person from earlier. 

"Sorry, you forgot these," he said, still with his soft voice. He had my phone in his right hand and one of my notebooks in his left hand. I grabbed both of the items out of his hands.

"Thanks," I said. I then dragged Gina with me, not in the mood to have a normal conversation with anyone.

"Sara, you should really consider getting rid of that coldhearted attitude of yours. You're never gonna find a date for prom if you keep acting that way." I rolled my eyes and ignored whatever she said, but since she kept nudging my side, I basically had to answer her. Again, her impatient face gave away her intentions. We greeted our two other friends and walked over to Jesse's car. 

"You of all people should know that I'm not looking for a date. I can just hang out with you guys," I answered, irritated. I knew they all had dates, but I really didn't mind. Hell, I could even dance on my own for that matter. I didn't really care about what everyone else thought, to be honest. Funny how I'm friends with these girls. They all keep up with rumors and their reputation, while I couldn't care less. 

"Get in the car, the mall is closing in four hours~" Jesse hummed. She sat down in the driver's seat, I sat in the passenger's seat and Gina and Madelyn sat in the back. It's a habit that we have. Everyone knows where everyone is supposed to sit, and no-one shotguns, which is great, because I love the passenger's seat in the front. I get sick easily during carrides. 

"Do you guys have a budget?" Madelyn asked.

"Not really, parents gave me their creditcard," Jesse proudly answered.

"Same here, but I can't spend more than a thousand." My eyes almost bulged out when I heard what Gina said. I was embarrassed to say my budget was under 200 dollars, but now that they said they had their parents' creditcard, I reconsidered my decisions. It's not that I don't have money, but I don't want to spend so much on prom.. I have a lot of savings from whenever my parents, grandparents or family members gave me money.

"I'm thinking about getting a y dress, what do you guys think?" Gina wondered.

"You do whatever you please, girl. I was thinking about the same thing," Jesse laughed through the rearview mirror. Jesse and Gina have always been the wilder and more daring types compared to Madelyn and I. Madelyn is very modest and doesn't like showing off too much skin and I just wear whatever I feel like wearing. 

"I'm thinking about a dress with maybe a plunging neckline, that's it," Madelyn said.

"Oooh~ Madelyn is trying to impress someone~" Gina teased. Madelyn laughed and slapped Gina's upperarm, causing everyone else in the car to laugh. 

"What about you, Sara?" Jesse raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know, maybe a two-piece," I replied.

"Not something y?" 

"Nah, we'll see," I laughed.

"Well, I have to look for a y one. Need to impress Jack, you know," Jesse chuckled. Jack.. Jack is Jesse's date for prom this year. He's a very handsome and nice boy, but Jesse uses him to get back at her boyfriend, who she has an on-off-relationship with. Everytime he leaves her, she goes to Jack. Poor boy is so nice, but has no idea that he's getting used. I'm not judging her though, because I'm not the one to judge. Gina and Jesse both like hooking up with random strangers, but if that's what they want to do, they should do them. It's their body and they should decide what to do with it. No one should feel like they're superior to them and look down at them. Women should join forces and stand up for each other, not judge each other. 

The rest of the car ride to the mall, we spent talking about prom and other things, like where we were going to get ready, if we're gonna go to the beautician etc etc. 

"Let's gooo~" Gina cheered. We all got out of the car and immediately paid a visit to Jovani's store, a famous dress designer. Their dresses are on the pricy side, but they're very pretty and the quality is great. 

"Hello, welcome to Jovani's House! Take a look around and if there's anything I can help you with, feel free to ask~" The employee said. He gave off a very welcoming vibe. Instead of going on a quest for a dress myself, I decided to ask the employee for advice.

"Hi, I'm looking for a two-piece, but not black. Also not too bright," I said. 

"You came to the perfect person for that. Do you have any other preferences?"

"Not really. Just not a too loose one. Maybe one that hugs my waist and flares out at the end," I replied. I tried to visualize what I said, but couldn't really come up with one. After tons of dresses shown to me, I found a perfect one. The employee picked it out after he knew a bit of my preferences. 

"This one has a beautiful crystal beaded top, with a skirt that will hug your waist at all the right places. You mentioned earlier that you didn't like a too revealing one, so this is the perfect one. Doesn't show off any cleavage, just a bit of stomach. Would you like the black one, the one or the blue one?" 

"Uhm, can I try the one and the blue one? I don't like the black one," I said in all honesty. The employee handed me the two dresses and called for Madelyn, Jesse and Gina, because I needed them for a decision. I am the worst at decisions. 

I was wearing the one and stepped out of the fitting room. Jesse, Gina and Madelyn were standing there, mouth open. "Holy Sara, you look great!" 

"I don't know, seems like the colour just mixes into my skin. It almost looks like I'm not wearing anything.. I'll just try on the blue one as well." I smiled and went back into the fitting room, almost unhappy, because the dress didn't look good. After some fuss, trying to wear the blue one, I went out with a happier smile. 

"This one looks soooo good!" Gina clapped her hands together, "You better choose this one!" I laughed and looked into the mirror, turning around a few times to see how it looked from the back. Surprisingly, it looked great. 

"This one fits you like a glove!" The employee said. I smiled at the compliments and went back to change into my normal clothes. I eventually settled down for the blue two-pieced dress. After me, everyone else continued on their quest for a dress. The employee was a great help for all of them. Gina had a very y white dress that suited her well. Madelyn, as she mentioned earlier, went for a black lace-dress with a plunging neckline. Jesse went for a very pretty black dress with diamonds (not real ones) that looked like stars. We walked out of the store very satisfied. Shoes weren't needed, because we had enough of them. I decided on one of my heels, because they elongate my legs. After spending almost 3 hours in Jovani's House, we thought it was time to go out for dinner. 

"My treat!" Jesse shouted loudly. Protest followed suit.

"No, shut up, Jess."

"Hell no."

"Nah."

"I said, I pay," she sternly said. Jesse can be quite intimidating at times, so we all gave up on our protest. We went to a pretty expensive restaurant and had our dinner there. Luckily, we were all wearing appropiate clothes for this place. I was wearing a tight maxi-dress, Gina was wearing a bodycon dress, Madelyn was wearing jeans with a white top and a blazer and Jesse was wearing a skirt with a matching croptop. 

"That was so good, thanks Jesse." I walked over to her and hugged her waist. She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. 

"As long as y'all are happy," she giggled, "Are you still not thinking of getting a date?" 

"Not really. I don't want one," I said. They all gave up on convincing me and just settled down with the fact that I wasn't going to look for a date anytime soon. We got into the car and dropped off Madelyn first, then Gina. I asked Jesse to drop me off at the supermarket, because I still had to get some things. It was already dark outside, but I couldn't care less. I had to get some snacks for movie night by myself later this week. When I walked into the supermarket, I was greeted by an employee. Trying to be polite, I greeted him back. I continued walking to the snacks section. Let's see.. Candy? Chips? Soda? I eventually decided to just take all of it, along with some fruit, because ya girl still trying to act 'healthy', for as far as candy, chips and soda are considered 'healthy'. It was a weird mindset I had that if I compensated my unhealthy eating habits with just a banana or an apple, they would suddenly disappear. The only one I was fooling was myself, though. I knew perfectly well that I had to change up my eating habits, because junkfood makes me break out. Just one last time before prom.

"That will be $14,50, please," the cashier said. I handed her the money and threw everything in my bag. I exited the store and made my way home. I'm not very fond of the dark, much as I try to tell myself otherwise. I'm a pretty tough person, but the dark is the #1 thing I hate. I don't think anyone likes the dark.. just thinking about the chances of someone following you.. it drives me insane. 

I was peacefully walking home until I noticed there were no lights where I was walking. I took my phone out of my pocket and the flashlight to comfort myself. It would actually just let robbers know that I was walking there and that I was scared. Dumb..

I froze when I heard footsteps behind me. Dumbest thing to do in this kind of situation is freeze... I decided to continue walking, but ended up speedwalking, because the steps were getting louder and louder. I ran away and took random turns, eventually ending up in an alley. I was even more scared now, because I hate alleys during the night. My whole tough aura left me and I ended up breaking down on the floor. I didn't know where to go to and my phone even ended up dying. I didn't even know where I was, because I took random turns earlier. Between my sobbings, I heard footsteps again. I started trembling and crying even more.

"Is anyone there?" I heard a voice. It came closer and closer and I shielded myself from the person, scared they might do something to me. 

"A-are you okay? Hello?" A male voice said. I carefully looked up, only to find a familiar face. I squinted my eyes to see the person better. 

"A-aren't you the guy f-from s-school?" I stuttered.

"Yeah, nice to see you again. May I help you up?" He softly asked, reaching his hand out. Still trembling, I reached my hand up to grab ahold of his. He carefully pulled me up and startled me by pulling me in for a hug. He slowly and carefully put his arms around me, trying to calm me down. "Ssht, you're safe, don't worry." When I processed everything, I gently pulled away. 

"T-thanks.." I mumbled.

"It's all good. Is it okay if I walk you home?" He asked. 

"N-no.. please don't bother.." I muttered. I tried to walk away, but he soon caught up with me. 

"Don't be silly. You probably don't even know where you are. Tell me your address, I'll take you home." His voice sounded soft and gentle. Something about him seemed very sincere and genuine, so I trusted him. I told him my address and he walked me home with a small smile on his face.

"I can't believe I let my guard down like that.." I chuckled.

"Don't worry, it'll be our secret," he winked. I just laughed it off and ignored the wink. At least he promised to keep it a secret. Never in my life do I want people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter