The Playdate

My Sister's Best Friend Brother

"Unnie, hurry up! Mom and Dad already waiting for us." Your sister, Hae Mi yelled in front of your bedroom, knocking hard on your door repetitively. 

"Yeah! Yeah! I'm coming." You yelled at her back, combing your hair in front of the mirror. You took your snapback on your way out of the bedroom and wore it.

Hae Mi almost knocked on your door again when you suddenly opened it."I'm done. Happy?!" You growled.

"Very." She remarked, making her way down the stairs. You fighted the urge to roll your eyes when you heard her sarcasm.

"Tell me again why did I agreed to this." You whispered to yourself. You removed your snapback and ruffled your hair, annoyed with this whole situation. You wore you snapback back before you made your way to your parents that had been waiting for you outside the house.

Your parents wanted to send both of you and Hae Mi to Min Ji's house before they go to your relatives house. 

"Hae Young, don't you have anything proper to wear?" Your mom asked as soon as you entered the car and sat on the back seat, her head slightly turned to the back of the car. You looked down and inspected your clothes. You wore white t-shirt with denim jacket and short jeans. And of course, you also wore your snapback.

*Again.* You thought, somewhat irritated by her constant warning. 

"Whats wrong with it?" You pretended to be confused, arching a sceptical eyebrow at her. These was your usual casual clothes and your mom always had a problem with it. Moreover, it's not revealing at all in your opinion and most of your friends wore the same style of outfits. 

"Nevermind."Your mom told you and shook her head once she turned her head back to the front. Not long after, your dad drove the car out of the driveway. 

 


 

"Wow, Min Ji's house is huge..." You blurted, awed by the scenery in front of you. You had reached your destination after a 10 minutes drive. The house was located in a fancy looking neighbourhood, which you assumed was a place for the rich people.

"Yup. Her parents super rich." Hae Mi replied nonchalantly while looking at the house. She was sitting beside you in the back seat of the car.

"Now girls, be good. We won't be back until tomorrow so please be home early." Your mom advised. Your parents weren't going to pick you and Hae Mi so you have to use the public transport to go home.

Both you and Hae Mi went out of the car and bid your parents goodbye before made ways to the front of the gate. You pushed the intercom and waited for the owner of the house to answer it.

"Yes?" A husky deep voice spoke in the intercom. 

"I'm accompanying Go Hae Mi for playdate with Min Ji." You muttered, not really sure what you're suppose to tell.

"Oh yes. Come in." The voice said. In a seconds, the automatic gate opened itself. You both made our way inside the house compound. When you reached the door, it suddenly opened and a girl around the same age as Hae Mi popped out from behind the door. You assumed that girl was Min Ji, Hae Mi's best friend.

"Hae Mi, you came!" She screamed in delight and hugged your sister."Come in." She let both of you into the house and bowed to you.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am Byun Min Ji. Hae Mi's best friend." She introduced herself. You nodded your head in recognition.

"I'm Go Hae Young. Hae Mi's sister." You told her, faking your smile. 

"Min Ji. Where's your doll?" Hae Mi blurted,her eyes sparkling in excitement. You rolled your eyes at her behavior, feeling bitter about it as she had dragged you into this mess just because she wants to play with her friend's dolls. 

"It's in my room. Come on." Min Ji invited her, pointed her index finger towards the upper floor. Without a second delay, they both dashed upstairs leaving you behind in the hall alone. 

"Wait guys. What about me?" You tried calling them but failed as they were already far from your sight.

*What the heck am I doing here?* You grumbled and then sighed heavily, thinking that you didn't have any other choices to begin with.You decided to look around the house just because you don't really know what to do there. Standing idle was of course was not your options on spending your time there.

You entered the living room that was on your left from where you were standing. You checked out the interior of the room and again, you were completely mesmerized by it. 

There was a white L-shaped sofa at the centre of the room. Opposite of it, there was a 60 inches LCD television that was attached on the wall and a large white rug between the sofa and the LCD. The living room seems so simple yet it seems luxurious and modern-like.

You continued to look around the room and suddenly you stumbled upon a few pictures hanged on the wall. It shows a picture of a family of four, it shows a man, a little boy and a woman holding a baby. You assumed the man and the woman was the parents of those kids and the boy was the brother of the baby.

You continued looking at the other pictures. Some of it shows the pictures of Min Ji and the others was a pictures of the same boy. 

*He looks familiar* You thought, your face contorted into confusion.You scrutinized the pictures as if you were able to burn holes into it, hoping that somehow it would able to trigger your brain on finding out who the young boy was. 

"Stop staring at my picture." A voice interrupted your thinking moment from behind. You unconsciously recognized the voice as the same voice that speaks in the intercom earlier because the voice has an unique kind of hoarse. Surprised, you swiftly turned your head towards the direction of the voice and just to get a shocking discovery. Your eyes wide opened and your mouth agaped. The person in front of you raised his eyebrows and folded his hands around his chest causing you to broke out from your trance and you immediately covered your mouth with your right hand. 

"Wow. I always thought I'm handsome but this...This is a whole new level of handsome." He nodded his head proud after bragging about himself.

You pretended to ignore his words even though it was slightly true, pointing your index finger of your left hand at him.

"Yo-u. You Min Ji's brother?" Your right hand lowered just below your mouth. There he was, one of the kingka of your school. Well he was not just a normal kingka to you but also something else.

"In the flesh." He motioned towards his body. "Byun Baekhyun." He hold out his right hand as a form of introduction. Flabbergasted, you took hold of his hand and Baekhyun shook it lightly. "I bet you are Hae Mi's sister....?" He slightly raised his eyebrows to you as if he was asking you to introduce yourself.

*He can't be serious. Is he?* You thought, startled that he just known you as Hae Mi's sister even though he should know a bit more about you. *He should...* You continued in your head.

"Ha-Ha. Very funny, Baekhyun. You got me there." You sarcastically replied while blowing a raspberry.

"What funny?"Baekhyun looked at you as though you had grown two heads.

"Wait! You're not kidding? You really didn't know me?" You frowned, feeling dissappointed by the seconds.

"Of course I know you." He blurted and I sighed in relief. "You're Hae Mi's sister." He told me again. Remorse filled your heart, you waited for him to continue his words, you facial expression gives off a demanding look.

"What?" Baekhyun inquired, suddenly annoyed.

"Thats all?" You questioned him, frowning.

"Well... I don't know. You tell me." He scowled and put on a lazy look.

"Wow! You really didn't know me." You mumbled as a matter of fact and stared blankly. Baekhyun saw your dejected expression and you kind of saw a guilty look on his face.

He opened his mouth to speak but suddenly someone interruped him.

"Oppa...Baekhyun oppa." As soon you heard someone called Baekhyun, you and Baekhyun looked to the direction of the voice and to be meet with two small human running towards us.

"Oppa. Play with us." Min Ji's took a hold of Baekhyun's left hand while blinking cutely at him.

 "Min Ji. I can't play with you right now. I'm busy...right now." Baekhyun glanced at you with weird expression. You just staring at them with a blank expression because your sister was there. You still hold a grudge at her for leaving you behind and also because of her, you found out a sad fact that Baekhyun didn't know you.

"Awww....Please, Baekkie-Oppa. Pretty please..." The 7 years-old girl pouted, her eyes still blinking cutely at Baekhyun.

*Baekkie?Haha. Cute*You thought, you laughed silently in your head, feeling a little bit better than before.

"Erghh. Fine." Baekhyun bowed his head dejected with his decision. You looked amused by this scene. *I didn't know he is weak against aegyo.* You thought, smirking at him.

As though Baekhyun heard you, he suddenly glared at you and within second, he took your right hand in his left hand, pulling you forward.

"You're coming with us." Baekhyun muttered, not looking at you.

 


 

"What?" Baekhyun asked you, irritatted at your continuous glance toward him. All of you were in Min Ji's room, sitting around the tea table and having a tea party with her dolls.

"Nothing..." You shook your head and trying hard to hide your smile but somehow Baekhyun saw it.

"What?!" His eyes bored through yours and gives off a very eerie feeling. You swallowed a lump on your throat, suddenly intimidated by him.

"Its just that I never thought that a kingka like you play dolls." I blurted and suddenly I realised something that I have said. Baekhyun didn't know me and he must had not know me that I was from the same school.

"How did you know I'm a kingka. Oh, please don't tell me you're from my school?" He incredulously stared at me in horror. 

I put on a sorry face showing that I really was one of the students in his school although I thought he shouldn't be that surprised if only he knew me. He grumbled and massaged his sideburns.

"Not a word to anyone!" He ordered, teeth clenching as though he just commited a crime and I was a passerby that unfortunately became a witness of his wrongdoings. 

"Ok. Ok. I won't." You made an actions by zipping your mouth with your fingers. You intended to keep his secret only to yourself and you felt a little bit special somehow.

 "Let's have make-up session." Hae Mi told you guys, her hands already holding what looks like a make-up set that I didn't even know where she even got them and thought that maybe it was Min Ji's make-up set.

"Yeah. Lets!" Min Ji agreed. "But who will be our model?" She continued.

"I pick Baekkie." You simultaneously raised your hand and excitedly voiced out your choice. And also because you didn't want to be the guinea pig. You saw Hae Mi's kept glancing at you when she told her plan and you knew she wants to pick you but fortunately you took the first step.

"What?!!Noo!!!" Baekhyun hollered, eyes wide opened and panicky waving off his hands. A surprised look was evident on his face.

"Yeah! Oppa will become our model." Min Ji shrieked in glee. Her face was full of happiness as though she just hit the jackpot. Baekhyun send a deathly glare at you, knowing that he can't back out on this. You could felt the burning of his glare and you sheepishly smiled at him. You didn't even remember the grudge you had with your sister, instead you were actually having a lot of fun with her. And so, the makeover begins.

"No. No. Not that one. The bright red will look more perfect." Min Ji muttered as I was about to apply a dark red coloured lipstick on his plump lips.

"Unnie. Does this colour ok?" Hae Mi asked her, holding out a blusher with a pink shade.

With much discussion and opinion, we finally finished our makeover session with success although we had much difficulty because Baekhyun was being groucy to us. He kept on stirring and turning and frowning all the way. It was such a hard work.

"Wala! Beautiful." You told them, impressed by the outcome and giggling along with Hae Mi and Min Ji. Hae Mi brought out a small mirror and gave it to Baekhyun. Baekhyun took it and sigh heavily before he looks at it.

It was not a pretty sight, Baekhyun's face paled, left hand on his face and his right hand holding the mirror, eyes wide and he screamed terribly loud as if he just saw a demon. You all burst in laughter except Baekhyun which looks like he was about to cry. You instantly brought out your mobile phone from your pocket and took a picture of him. The flash from your phone was noticed by Baekhyun.

"Did you just take a pic of me?" Baekhyun looked at you in horror. Again, the rest of you went into another fit of giggles. You innocently shook your head in denial and hid your phone behind your back. 

"You! Delete it!"Baekhyun pointed his index finger at you, eyes blazing in fury. You were almost afraid of him but it dies down when Hae Mi and Min Ji couldn't stop laughing which were standing beside you. It was contagious and you started laughing with them.

"Delete it!" Baekhyun roared, his powdered face inched closer to me which making you harder to stop your laugh. 

"Delete what?" You quirked an eyebrow at him and tried to contain your laughter. Hae Mi and Min Ji also stop laughing and send a mental message to each other. 

"You know what I mean. I saw you take my picture. Delete it." He hissed at you.

You smirked and brought out your phone from behind your back, showing him the picture, "Oh this?. Why should I? You're beautiful. Beautiful things shouldn't be keep hidden."

If looks could kill, you would be dead by now. Baekhyun suddenly lurched towards you and tried to grab your phone. However, you were faster, you jumped up from your sit and passed the phone to Hae Mi.

Hae Mi passed it to Min Ji when Baekhyun about to snatched it from her. In response, Baekhyun changed his target and he moves toward Min Ji which cause her to run away from him. Laughter filled the room as Min Ji run across the room, making a turn and running towards you with Baekhyun following behind.

"Give it back, Min Ji!" Baekhyun yelled, the distance between him and Min Ji shortened by the minutes. "Give me." You demanded as Min Ji about to reach you. She gave you the phone voluntarily, her breathe hastened. You were to make a dash for safety however you couldn't made it. 

Baekhyun tackled you to ground, both of your legs tangled together, you stretched out your right hand that was holding the phone far away from Baekhyun that was currently on top of you, his left hand tried to reach your phone and his right hand beside your head to balance his body. "No. Let me go."You had struggled to escape and also signalled the two little girls to take hold of the phone but before they were able to, Baekhyun snatched the phone. 

"Yes!!I got it!" He uttered while holding the phone and he looks at your face. Both of your face were surprisingly really close, only a small gap in between. Both of you staring to each other eyes, tranfixed. You could felt his breathe hits your face ever so lightly and you froze. 

Suddenly, someone coughed beside you making you and Baekhyun turned your heads towards the sound. You saw Min Ji staring at both of you weirdly while Hae Mi just smirked at you.

*Oh God.* You thought. Within second, you and Baekhyun scrambled off to your feet, looking rather bashful. Baekhyun faked a cough to ease the awkwardness and simultaneously opened the phone. 

"Well I guess, I really look beautiful." Baekhyun muttered while looking at the picture, making you all laughed and the awkwardness earlier dissipated. "But I really have to delete it you know." He continued while showing you guys the delete button and clicked on it.

"Nooo..."Hae Mi and Min Ji screamed in sync, their face horrified. You pouted and said,"You're no fun.", blowing my bangs in annoyance, thinking that I had just lost a very valuable possesion that could literally change my life.

"Yes. I'm not and hey! At least you've got to see the beautiful Baekhyun face-to-face." Baekhyun told all of you while fixing his hair dramatically. In an instant, all of you laughed at him and let the matter about the picture drifts away. 

Then the day goes on with you guys spending time together and before it gets dark, you and Hae Mi went home by bus. 

 


 

"Yes. Hae Mi went to bed already. Ok. Bye." You hanged up your call that was from your mom. Your mom got worried whether you and your sister have arrived home safely or not so she called you.

You lie down on your bed and played with your phone. You opened the gallery slot in your phone, skimming down all the photos before you stop on one specific photo. 

You couldn't help but laughed at the picture as it was the picture of Baekhyun in make-up. Yes, Baekhyun had delete the picture earlier but they didn't know that you actually took two photos and he just delete one of it.

"Thank God he didn't check it right." I whispered to myself, still looking at the picture. "And I guess I am just a normal classmate to him which he didn't bother to remember." You continued, sighed heavily.

Last year, you were his classmates and his deskmates for two months before the arrangement changed. You rarely have a conversations with him maybe thats why he didn't remember you. And yes, you actually developed a feelings for him a while back but you had already moving on thinking that you had no chance with him because he's a kingka with many admirers. Today, you were happy that you get to see him even though you were no longer like him and deep down you hope he knows you. 

As you were about to go to sleep, your phone beeps indicating that you got a text. Swiftly, you opened it casually.

 

From: Mr Handsome

To: Hae Young

Hi, Hae Young

 

You frowned when looking at the text. Wondering who he was with the strange name that suddenly existed in your contacts, you send a reply text.

 

From: Hae Young

To: Mr Handsome

Who's this?

 

In a second, a text came.

 

From: Mr Handsome

To: Hae Young

You couldn't have forget someone as beautiful as me, would you? Surprisingly, I forgot to ask your name and I have to asked my sister. Oh yeah, I sneakily put my contact into yours. It fits me right. Mr Handsome.

 

With that you knew who he was, Byun Baekhyun, the kingka of your school and also your ex-crush. But before you were about to reply, another text coming through.

 

From: Mr Handsome

To: Hae Young

PS: I know you had another picture of me btw....

 

*Oh. Damn.*You thought, somewhat glad that he didn't delete it. You changed the contact from 'Mr Handsome' into 'Beautiful Baekkie'. You guessed that it was not so bad after all accompanying your little sister to a playdate.