Wide-eyed Hyung (full story)

Wide-eyed Hyung

Maybe Kyungsoo was slowly becoming soft because he already found someone to make him hard someplace else. Maybe it was Jongin’s smirk, or Jongin’s moves or Jongin’s words or maybe it’s just Jongin – the Jongin that he never gets tired of looking at and being with.

How did it start? It would be funny to think about it and Kyungsoo hated remembering it. In fact, he hated everything about it because he couldn’t sleep, couldn’t train well, couldn’t cook much, couldn’t even keep a straight face. In short, he couldn’t focus. It was during an interview, wait no, it was during a variety show or a photo shoot or a concert or a guesting? There are so many instances to choose from that he soon felt lost. He couldn’t remember exactly how it started but he knew exactly how it felt.

Little volts started running inside his palms, his eyes growing wider and wider as Jongin would approach him. He’d turn around, pretending that he’s into hitting Chanyeol but Chanyeol would and he’d actually hit him now for that. He started talking to Jongin a lot more, cooking him meals often and simply appreciating being in his presence. It took awhile before he realized how he also enjoyed Jongin’s attention.


“Hyung, can you help me with this song?”

“Hyung, is my body wave good?”

“Hyung, this is how the first step looks like – you raise one hand then...”

“Hyung, can you lend me your beanie?”

“Hyung, look at this picture of Janggu!”

“Hyung, eat with me.”

Hyung so on and so forth. It all came to life until Jongin was Kyungsoo’s every note in every song – he filled the words, the melody, the tune and every time Kyungsoo would close his eyes while singing it was Jongin that he could see. He ended up watching old videos of them from television shows and the like, he ended up finding out that most of the stolen pictures he had with Jongin was that it was either he was staring at his dongsaeng or his dongsaeng was staring at his hyung. This made him assume that Jongin might also feel the same in some way. 

It really annoys him how he could actually stand Jongin – people annoy Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo is annoyed of people. What difference does it make, right? But then, Jongin is the difference, he’s the catalyst walking in like a tornado in Kyungsoo’s very stable stoic life. He couldn’t understand how he could listen to Jongin talk for hours about his silly little dogs that he soon loved or how he went to the studio so that Jongin could teach him the basics of ballet. He couldn’t fathom the fact that he secretly replays Jongin’s parts in their songs and watches every screen time the boy has in their music videos. It’s been a very tough and crazy feeling and Kyungsoo couldn’t contain it inside his heart – that, which he discovers he has after receiving a few palpitations from Jongin’s crotch grab.

You see if Jongin was a part of Kyungsoo’s body he would be Kyungsoo’s heart shaped lips, he would be that very vast white part of his eyes – he would be every significant part of Kyungsoo, the parts that distinguished him from others, the parts that Kyungsoo would like to call his very own as he would keep them safe.

After a few years of successfully (or maybe unsuccessfully) hiding it from Jongin, Kyungsoo decided to confess the weird feeling he has acquired which he decided not to call love because love sounded too fancy and too...Too Chanyeol and Baekhyun – oh those two nosy love birds who kept on nagging Kyungsoo to admit it so that they won’t be the only couple around or so they say. So on January 13th, Kyungsoo walks into their room around 1 am in the morning; Jongin just got in from his dance training – oh my god, another thing he really liked about him was his perseverance and self-discipline but he does not delve into that, instead he focuses on the words he was about to say. So, he walks with a cup of hot choco in his hands and places it on Jongin’s desk.

“Hey...”

“Yes, hyung?”

“I made you some hot choco.”

“Woah. This hyung really loves me.”

Kyungsoo smirked and said, “Yeah, so drink it up before it gets too cold.”

 

And that, in Do-Kyungsoo-standards, is how he confessed his feelings for Kim Jongin.

Of course Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed at him and ended up teasing him for days.

Of course Jongin was still – as assumed – oblivious of what Kyungsoo was trying to say.

Of course this isn’t the end of their story, heck, it’s nowhere near the finale because how could you end something that has not even started yet but, as soon as Jongin saw how Kyungsoo smirked and the way his little fingers can’t stop fondling with each other, he smiles and says.

“Don’t worry, hyung I will drink it soon because I love you too.” Jongin laughs at his wide-eyed hyung.