1/1

Moon

“I read somewhere that no matter where you are in the world the moon is the same size.”

“Oh really?”

“Yea, it’s like the size of your thumb.” Jimin held up his left arm sticking up only his thumb to test this theory. He gasped squeezing the hand he had been holding for the past hour. “Look, look, you try too, it worked!” Jimin grinned over at Yoongi then at the moon.

Yoongi rolled his eyes, though he was more than willing to do anything the boy asked of him. He lifted his right arm in the air sticking up only his thumb.

“Well look at that, I guess they are teaching you something in school,”

“Tsk, I’ll have you know I passed my exams this semester.”

“Yea with A’s or C’s,” Yoongi teased using the same arm that he had in the air to knock Jimin on the head.

“Ow, you think I’ll get any smarter with you hitting me on the head all the time?” Jimin whined rubbing the spot that was just hit.

“Better than hitting your head on my headboard every time we–“

“Hey!! My mom might hear!” Jimin sat up looking back at his house where the light from the TV could still be seen.

“Oh calm down,” Yoongi tugged at Jimin’s arm pulling him back to the ground only this time the boy was closer than before. “Your mom trusts me, it’s you she doesn’t trust.”

Jimin huffed nudging Yoongi’s shoulder with his own. “Even that is unfair, how can my mom like you more than her own son?”

“It’s cause you’re annoying,”

“Whatever, you like me and you find most people annoying so I must not be,”

“I like you cause you’re shorter than me,”

“I’m still growing! By the time you come back from school I could be towering over you.”

They didn’t speak after that. Jimin had just brought up the one subject that had not only been the inspiration for them hanging out that night, but also the thing they were trying to avoid mentioning.

Jimin looked over at Yoongi, who was still staring up at the sky like it held all the answers he was looking for. In a swift motion Jimin let go of the elders hand and moved close so he could rest his head in the crook of his neck. Yoongi hesitated a beat before wrapping his arms  around the other.

“Do you have to go so soon? Seokjin isn’t leaving until August,”

“I know, but I need to start working as soon as possible if I’m going to be able to pay for school. Loans can only pay for so much.”

“It’s not going to be the same without you here,”

“You still have Hoseok, and Tae, Kook too.” Jimin shook his head

“I want you.”

They were silent again just the sounds of the wind, crickets and cars driving by a few streets over could be heard.

“We knew this was going to happen, we set ourselves up for this.” Yoongi said breaking the silence.

“I know,” Jimin whispered placing a kiss to Yoongi’s neck. “I don’t,” He placed another kiss to his jaw this time “have to like it though,” He finished placing a kiss to Yoongi’s lips.

“See this is why your mom doesn’t trust you,” Jimin deflated on top of Yoongi groaning.

“I hate you,”

“I hate you too,” Yoongi looked at the watch on his wrist and sigh. “Babe, I have to go,” Yoongi hit Jimin’s trying to get him to move but this announcement made him hold on tighter.

“No you can’t, stay here, I’ll get another job this summer and help you pay for school so you don’t have to go to the city. Stay,”

“Come on, I really do have to go finish packing.” Yoongi hit Jimin’s again this time the younger moved sitting up.

“This ,”

“I know, but I’ll call you every night,”

“Sure,” Yoongi smiled at his pouting boyfriend and stood up stretching.

“Give me a hug and kiss,”

“Fine,” Jimin stood and did as Yoongi requested.

“That wasn’t hard right?” Yoongi asked when they pulled apart.

“You’ll call every night?”

“Yes.” Yoongi kissed him again on the lips. He moved away from Jimin and headed towards his car.

“You have to come visit,”

“If you come visit me,”

“I’ll check my schedule,”

“I’ll check mine,” Yoongi unlocked his car but didn’t get in once he reached his door. Jimin was still standing on the lawn having picked up the blanket they had been lying on.

“Well call me when you get there,”

“I will,” Jimin nodded turning towards his door.

“Hey Jiminie!”

“Yea?” Jimin turned back

“Did you know the moon is the same size no matter where you are in the world? So no matter where we are it’s kind of like we’re in the same place.”

“You’re so gross.”

“I love you too, now go inside,” Yoongi shooed at the other to leave. Once Jimin was inside he got in his car ready to start the next chapter of his life that he was positive Jimin was apart of.