1/1

Not In That Way

“Have you decided what you’re singing for the evaluation?” Seulgi asked dropping down on the floor next to Seungwan. Seungwan shook her head much to Seulgi’s disappointment.

In all honesty Seungwan had known the song she was going to singing for this months evaluations for a while. Last month she came across a new song that summed up her feelings. She was positive she would sing the song in a way that would leave the boss without any criticisms.

“I think I’m going to sing a Boa song, I haven’t narrowed it down though,” The older girl confessed but Seungwan only gave a nod in response. “Are you okay? You can’t break down on me when we’re this close to debut.” Seulgi teased giving the other a nudge.

“No I’m just,” Seungwan dared a look at the other getting lost for a moment. Maybe she could just tell her, get this off her chest. They were going to be in the same group together. Having something like this as a secret may be too much to bare. She opened , the words on the tip of her tongue. Her mind ran through the two situations that always appear to her.

In the first situation she confesses, and Seulgi will be shocked, maybe even needing a few days to consider this. In the end she comes back - with a smile that she can’t contain - returning the feelings. Of course this scenario is too perfect to ever become reality, so the second scenario, or nightmare runs more vividly. Seulgi will stare at her with a look of shock and even more horror. She would jump back from Seungwan not able to collect her thoughts. Still she would stutter an apology for giving the wrong idea to the girl and proceeding to reject the confession.

The biggest downfall in this is that they could debut any day now, and they’d have to be around each other all the time. No more sleeping in each others beds and getting under the covers to have more private talks from the other girls. Secret trips to get ramen at a convenience store 15 minutes from their dorm would happen less and less.

“Seungwan,” Seulgi looked at the other with concern

“N-nothing I was just going to say I’m just tired and…this routine will never be perfect because I keep messing up.”

“Oh silly I can help you,”

“You’ve been dancing all day already -”

“Psh, this just gives me more time to spend with you! But I think you’re doing pretty good.” Seungwan looked down at her shoes trying to hide her blush, though she could always blame it on the heat of the dance studio.

“Thanks,”

“So since I’m going the extra mile, will you tell me what song you’re going to sing?” Seulgi whined much against her character making Seungwan wince.

“Just wait and see, it’s kind of personal,” Seungwan said before standing holding a hand out to the other. “Now let’s get this routine down,”

Seulgi nodded accepting that she’ll have to wait this time around and took the offered hand.

I’d never ask you ‘cause deep down I’m certain I know what you’d say
You’d say, “I’m sorry, believe me, I love you but not in that way.”