(Please Don't Hate My Old Work..)

Homesick Maknae

The Homesick Maknae

 

Taemin ran into his room and slammed the door shut. He couldn’t let his hyungs see him cry.

Hyung…Taesun.

Taemin flopped down onto the bed and pulled the covers over himself. That stupid radio interview, the women just HAD to ask him to say something on air to his family. And his fans heard him cry; on live radio. Even though Minho and Key tried to comfort him, it was never enough to burn the sadness he felt. He bit his lip and rolled over, turning away from the door. Taemin missed his Umma and Appa but mostly his hyung, Taesun. Most people knew that he and his older brother were close, but they didn’t know how much. Taesun had been the one who got Taemin to try out at SM Entertainment.

Suddenly he burst into tears.

He tried his hardest to stop, but he couldn’t get the image of his older brother out of his head. What would the rest of his hyungs think if they saw him crying over being home sick? None of them ever cried about missing their families. Taemin buried his face into one of his pillows, making an attempt to muffle his sobs. “ I’m strong. I can’t cry. I’m 17, 17 year olds don’t cry.” Taemin thought feeling worse and worse by the minute. He needed comfort.

                                      ...

“ Have you guys seen Taemin?” Jonghyun asked. Onew looked up from the couch, “ Not simce be gobt black.” Onew mumbled through a mouthful of oatmeal. Jonghyun gave Onew the “ seariously-dude ‘’ look and then headed down to Taemin and Minho’s room. Onew shrugged and went back to nomming on his oatmeal. Some people just didn’t get how good oatmeal tasted after a hot shower.

Jonghyung pressed his ear up against the door, to hear muffled sobs. “ Minnie? Are you okay?” he asked. Taemin was like the baby of the group and all of them knew that he was constantly trying to prove himself by acting older than he really was. They all felt like they were responsible for their “ little brother ”

“ Go away!” Taemin shot back.

Jonghyun slowly opened the door, walked in, and shut it behind him. Taemin had his back to the door and he was clutching a pillow in his arms, sobbing quietly. Jonghyun took a seat on the edge of a bed. “ Minnie?” Taemin responded with a low noise that got louder and louder until he exploded. Taemin turned around and hugged Jonghyun tightly.

“JonghyunImissmyummaandappaandmyhyung,soicameinhereandIdidn’twantyoutoseemecryandmmmph.” Taemin began crying so hard that the rest of his words couldn’t be heard. Onew, Minho, and Key came rushing into the room after hearing Taemin’s crying.

Jonghyun gave a quick explaination to the rest of the hyungs. Key rested a hand on Taemin’s back and rubbed it softly, trying to sooth the crying baby Taemin. “ Taemin it’s okay, all of us get a little homesick sometimes.” Onew said softly.

Taemin looked up from Jonghyun’s chest, “Really?” he sniffed. They all nodded. “ Taemin I know that you’re the youngest and all, but you don’t have to hide the fact that you’re hurting. We won’t make fun of you.” Minho added. “ When one of us is upset, we’re all upset.” Jonghyun whispered. “ What he’s trying to say is that we are all here for each other.” Key explained. Taemin sniffed and wiped the tears of his eyes. He had his hyungs here for him. “ Hug?” he said raising his arms out. The boys all reached around the maknae for a group hug.

 

Jonghyun stayed with Taemin until he drifted into a deep sleep. Taemin didn’t know it but Jonghyun had a softspot for the boy. Carefully, he leaned over and kissed Taemin’s forehead. Taemin opened his eyes. He smiled and carefully pecked Jonghyun’s lips. “ Stay with me Jjong.” He mumbled wrapping his arms around Jjong’s neck. Jonghyun gave in, and laid on top of Taemin.

“ I love you, as my hyung.” Taemin mumbled

“ I love you too….Taemin-ah.”

 

 
A/N:  Oh 2010 me... What were you thinking??