---

Accidental Confession

 

 

"According to Wendy, you have to do it like this"

 

Irene tries to focus on what she is supposed to do - learning how to say the word 'love' properly - but finds herself quickly getting distracted as Seulgi demonstrates how to  pronounce 'v' instead of 'b' by making the right shape with her lips.

 

Those lips… Irene cannot help but wonder how soft they are and what they taste like. Probably something sweet, like the tangerines they had earlier, or perhaps the strawberry lip balm she is always using. Irene longs to find out. If she could just lean closer and...

 

"Yes, but not so hard. You're biting your lips." Seulgi pokes her right cheek with a finger and lets out a chuckle.

 

Irene turns away with a blush. She hopes she is not being too obvious.

 

It would have been so much easier if Wendy is the one teaching her. Due to their conflicting schedules however, she was not able to meet the girls when they started practicing on the song. She would have asked the girl herself tomorrow of course, but Seulgi had insisted on staying back to teach her after their dance class. Now it is almost 9pm and it is eerily quiet. Irene thinks they are probably the only ones left in the building.

 

"Now, say the word"

 

"L-love"

 

Seulgi nods and grins, satisfied with the outcome.

 

"Great, now say the whole line"

 

"I think..."

 

"Go on," Seulgi encourages by pushing the lyrics towards Irene and eyes her patiently.

 

"I..." she stares at the next few words and started blushing. She can't do this. Not in front of Seulgi.

 

"Can we do this tomorrow? It's-

 

Her phone rings all of a sudden and Irene lets out a small sigh of relief when she saw the caller on the screen.

 

"Hello, yes. Yes..." She holds the phone between her right shoulder and jaw, look towards Seulgi and gesture towards the door before starting to pack her things.

 

Seulgi deflates a little but nods and started packing up too.

 

"I'm sorry. We'll be on our way now."

 

"The administration staff," Irene explains as she hangs up the phone. "They want us to return the keys to the dance studio."

 

"Oh. Oh gosh, I didn't even realise it was this late, I'm so sorry!" Seulgi gasp after a quick glance at the clock. "Would your parents be mad?" She asks with a worried frown which Irene thinks make her look too damn adorable.

 

"Its fine," she assures with a tiny smile and leads the way out of the room.

 

"Your bus is here," Irene announces when she sees the bus ahead. They are a few metres away but they can probably still make it if they run. Seulgi holds her back before she could even start.

 

"I'm tired from all the dancing. Let's wait for the next one," she gives as a reason.

 

Irene nods dumbly and watches as the bus drives off while they walk slowly towards the stop. They sit side by side in silence for a while before Seulgi speaks up.

 

"Since we have some time, why not you practice your lines again?"

 

"H-here?” She looks around nervously and find themselves alone.

 

"I...," Irene pause and shakes her head. This is stupid, she thinks. It's just a few words, just say them out confidently and she won't realise a thing. Maybe she should sing it instead. That should make it easier.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"N-Nothing," Irene answers. She takes a breath and mumble the words out quickly.

 

Seulgi started laughing. "Slow down a little."

 

"Must I do this now?"

 

Seulgi smirks and nods.

 

Irene lets out a huff.

 

"I think I... love... you..." she starts by singing confidently at first but ends up stuttering the last two words for some reason. Her cheeks turn pink in embarrassment.

 

"Say it again," Seulgi demanded her face all serious and Irene's heart starts to beat wildly against her chest. What if she knows?

 

"I…” she look towards the other girl and immediately wish she didn't. Seulgi is watching her so intently it makes her squirm in her seat.

 

"I think I'm in love with you," she blurts out finally and her eyes widen in mortification at the realisation of the words she just said. Those were not the lyrics.

 

"Was that so hard?" Seulgi grins.

 

Irene frowns in confusion.

 

"But-

 

She felt a pair of lips against her own all of a sudden and before she could respond or even comprehend what was going on, Seulgi pulls away.

 

"I've been waiting for you to say that forever, you idiot."

 

"Oh... "

 

Irene was confused and speechless. Does that mean what she thinks it means?

 

A bus arrives at the stop. It's Seulgi's bus again. Irene turns to the other girl, expecting her to stand up and leave but Seulgi rolls her eyes and pulls Irene in for another kiss.

 

Oh, Irene thinks as she closes her eyes and kisses back. She should have confessed sooner. 

 

 

 

- End -

 

 

 

*The song mentioned was I think I by byul.