One

Not A Nice View

Scene: Onew and Girl # 3 enter room. Look at photos and art on walls. Girl # 3 pushes Onew against wall, take off shirt, kiss.

I don't like this. I don't like it one bit.

"Why does she have to kiss him?" I ask quietly as I re-read over Onew's script for the music video. I hear the toilet flush and the sink running and quickly set the script back down on the kitchen counter as I sip at my coffee. Onew walks out, brushing his now magenta hair out of his brown, almond-shaped eyes. He smiles at me and I force a grin, pushing out the thought that another girl will be kissing those lips besides me. "So,uh, are you excited for shooting the new music video tonight?" 

"Yeah!" he exclaims with a bright smile. "I mean, it's going to be a lot fun. And it's so beautiful here. You're probably excited too." I nod slowly. Very few people know about Onew and I's relationship such as his family, groupmates and their manager. We met on the set of SHINee's Dream Girl music video. It was my first day on the job as a camera person since I started working for SM Entertainment. On top of being exceptionally good-looking and very talented, Onew was kind and incredibly funny. We hit it off instantly and have been close ever since. After knowing each other for about a year and working on a few more sets together, he confessed to me which led to five dates over the span of five months, due to busy schedules, and then we were officially a couple. The guys didn't seem surprised when we told them the news because apparently we just seemed 'right' for each other.

Now, after a year and a half hiatus, SHINee is coming back with their fourth studio album, 'Odd'. It's a masterpiece in itself and I'm super proud of the boys. The comeback led us to Indonesia where the music video will be filmed. It's beautiful here with warm temperatures, clear skies and sunny; but while everyone else is stoked for the new video, I'm starting to dread it. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Onew asks me. I shake my head when I realize I was zoning out. 

"Nothing. I'm just a little jet-lagged that's all." He doesn't look convinced. "It's nothing honestly. Everything's fine." 

 

"It's so not fine," I complain to Jonghyun later on set. He's my height with bright blonde hair and a sharp jawline. We started fimling the night scenes tonight and plan on getting some sleep, then filming everything else straight through the day tomorrow.

"I mean, it's just a staged kiss," he tells me with a calm expresssion. "It doesn't mean anything."

"But she's really pretty," I state, looking at the girl across the room. She has a slim, yet curvy, figure, long dark hair, brown eyes and bronze skin. "Like it's not fair. I don't look like that." 

"You're still gorgeous, though." I sigh. "Onew hyung is a professional. He won't do anything that's not required for the video, but if it bothers you this much, you should talk to him about it. You know he'd hate it if there was something bothering you and you couldn't go to him about it." Why is Jonghyun so smart? "You have nothing to worry about." I pout when he ruffles my hair and joins the rest of the group. It's just a music video. That's all it is...

"You know it's just a music video, right?" Onew states with a slightly amused smile. I frown at him as we sit on the side of the street during a break. 

"I know it's just a music video, but that doesn't change how I feel about you kissing another girl. I'm just-" 

"Jealous?" 

"Not jealous, just-"

"Jealous." I heave a frustrated sigh and Onew laughs. I fight back a smile when I feel him grab my hand and lace our fingers together. "Does it really bother you that much?" 

"I know it bothers you too. You're the most modest one of the group and now you have a girl stripping for you and kissing you..." He's quiet, but gives my hand a squeeze. "But I don't like it either." It's cooled off since earlier and it's getting dark now. I rest my head on his shoulder and we sit there in silence, listening to the crickets and other sounds of the night. 

"I can't change the script," Onew tells me after some time. "It's just business, no pleasure to it. So, you have to be okay with it, alright? For me?" I turn to look at him, resting my chin on his shoulder. I nod and smile when he kisses me on the forehead. 

 

Okay, this is not going to go well. My hand almost starts shaking when I think of the impending kiss scene. I can't even enjoy how cute he looks in the old jersey, dingy hat, faded jeans and worn out sneakers in the dance cuts. The worst thing is that we've only filmed one scene and we're still going to be filming for another two days. However, I try not to worry about it because if Onew see's me worrying about something he'll worry which won't help him focus on his work. 

"Babe~" a voice calls to me as I'm changing film in between the dance scene. I look up to see Onew running his hand through his damp hair. "How are you holding up?" 

"So far so good," I chuckle as he helps me hold up the camera. "We've only done the dance cuts so far."

"I know, but we're doing the pool scene today-"

"Onew, I'm fine. At the moment, I'm more concerned about the drinking scene later on. I mean, are you guys going to get drunk on a music video set?"

"I'm not completely sure," he chuckles with an amused smile. "Wouldn't that be something."

"I'd watch out for Taemin-ah during that scene, noona," Minho suddnely warns, draping a muscled arm across my shoulders. I stifle a laugh when that gets a slight glare from Onew. It still amazes me how far up I have to look at him just to see his face. Minho's a handsome one with full lips, chiseled features and ash blonde hair. "I mean, he did get drunk while filming for 'One Fine Day'."

"I was on vacation!" Taemin suddenly exclaims as he approaches the three of us. I still don't know why the stylists gave his blonde hair purple tips, but he still manages to pull it off. Taemin hates getting called 'pretty' but he kind of is with softer features, except for the sharp jawline that makes for quite the profile. "You and Key hyung were drinking on the show when you met up for dinner-"

"But we didn't get completely drunk and pass out," Key interrupts as he passes by to give Jonghyun a water bottle. Key has sharp features that makes for a unique yet handsome face. His hair is also on the weird side with blue and green tips. Onew moves Minho's arm from around my shoulders, getting an amused smile from Minho and a blush from me when he drapes his own arm across my shoulders. 

"Now who's the jealous one?" Minho teases, scurrying awaying from Onew's foot as he kicks at him.

We film the scenes when they're out and about as the moves on. They seem to have a lot of fun in the grocery store, eating street food and riding around in the old pick-up truck. I feel like it's been a while since I've seen Onew smile and laugh so genuinely. With his throat surgery and rehearsing for the comeback, he's been super stressed lately. They all have been honestly and I'm happy that the song is upbeat, summer-y and doesn't have super intense choreography. And they finally have on some normal clothes! SHINee is known for having some obscure outfits, but I'm happy these are borderline casual. 

The pool scene does cause some uneasiness for me but I feel like I hide it pretty well. I mean, sure, one of the girls going topless into the pool is....unnerving to the say the least, but it's totally fine. It's cool. I'm the cool girlfrined. The calm, cool and collected girlfriend-

"Stop scowling noona," Taemin says to me with an amused chuckle. "You're going to scare someone with that glare of yours."

"Yeah," Minho agrees. "It looks like lasers are about to come out of your eyes. It's too early for you to be jealous anyway. Hyung's scene isn't until later." 

"Minho, you're incredibly lucky we're in a professional setting right now," I threaten with a finger to his chest. "Because I would totally punch you in the stomach for reminding me about that."

“Stop messing with noona,” Key scolds Minho with an eye roll. “She could drop that heavy camera on your foot at any moment.”

“No she wouldn’t. She’d get in trouble if she did that-“

“Stop messing with my girlfriend!” Onew suddenly commands as he approaches the group, towel drying his hair. I feel my face heat up because I find it incredibly cute how he gets protective of me around the guys. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” I answer with a smile. “I can handle a little teasing from the kids.” I ruffle Minho’s hair who pouts like a child he can be.

We get a lunch break before the next batch of scenes and I take the time to mentally prepare myself for Onew kissing another girl. I laugh and smile throughout lunch, but I have to take a little time for myself.  Even as much as I don’t like this, I have to accept that fact that it’s for work. It’s just for work. He wouldn’t be doing this if it wasn’t for the music video. I look at the landscape as I try and collect myself. It’s stunning with clear skies and abundant sunshine. I’m watching a little furry creature climb up the side of a building when all of a sudden I feel arms wrap around my waist from behind. Onew rocks us from side to side and I can’t help but laugh.

“I’m sorry you have to go through this,” he apologizes quietly, resting his chin on my shoulder.

“It’s just for work right?” I reply with a weak chuckle. I smile genuinely when he squeezes me. I turn around in his hold so I can face him. “Just promise me something.” He nods. “Don’t enjoy kissing her more than you enjoy kissing me.”

“I don’t think-“ He's surprised when I cut him off, but does kiss me back. I kiss him long and slow so that when he's kissing that other girl I'll be the only one he's thinking about. My fingers twist slightly in the front of his shirt as I feel large amounts of air leaving my body at a rapid speed. The fact that he has a tight hold around my waist isn’t helping either. We break apart and I look up at him with a smile. “Did you do that on purpose?”

“Maybe.” He laughs, nodding and his hair flapping cutely in his face. “Thanks.”

“For what?”

“For that. I was actually really nervous about the kiss, but I didn’t want to show you I was worrying about it when you were worrying about it.” I peck him again on the mouth.

“You’re a sweetheart you know that?” I tell with a fond smile. His cheeks turn red and it’s cute because the blush is somewhat close to the color of his hair. I pull him in for another kiss but it's interrupted by a noisy Jonghyun calling for us to come back to the set. Onew presses a kiss to my forehead before grabbing my hand and leading us back to the set. He pecks me on the cheek and I give his hand a squeeze before we go our separate ways.

The next few hours fly by with shooting the other day scenes, but I've become more on edge than I was before when it's finally time to do the kiss scene. Onew shoots me a nervous look and I give him a weak smile. I feel downright nauseous when the scene starts. They're observing all the pictures of the group on the wall and just as he's turning around, she pushes him against the wall. My grip on the camera turns almost vice-like as I try and keep it from shaking. They're leaning in and just as their lips are about to touch, the girl pulls away. I look up to make sure that this is reality and not my imagination but it's confirmed when I see her running her hand through her hair in distress.

"I can't do this," she states with a nervous chuckle.

"Why not?" the producer asks.

"I'm engaged," she announces happily. There's a brief moment of applause before we turn back to the situation at hand. "I'm sorry, but I can't kiss him. My stomach has been in knots just thinking about this and I know my fiance wouldn't be comfortable with this." It's quiet because this is a turn of events that nobody was expecting.

"Onew, are you okay with not doing the kiss scene?" the producer asks.

"I would honeslty feel a lot better if we didn't do the kiss," he answers, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "I'm kind of in a similar situation." That gets a few eyebrow raises from around the room, but the fact that there is a music video on the line snaps people out of their reverie. The scene starts again and I have to fight back a huge grin at the impromptu revised scene unfolding before us. In the very moment before the kiss, Onew covers his mouth and turns his head away from her. It almost looks like this was a planned part of the scene and not completely improvised on the spot. The scene ends and there's applause before moving onto the next one. 

It's after the drinking scene that I get to see Onew again. The sun is starting to set and the sky is painted light pink and orange. It's gotten cooler, so as soon as the scene is done the guys are putting on sweatshirts and jackets. The moment I put my camera down, someone is tugging on my hand. I throw a quick glance over my shoulder, earning a wink from Jonghyun as Onew takes us around the corner of building out of sight from everyone else. 

"Where are you-" He kisses me before I can finish my sentence. I smile into it, taking a step back so that my back rests against the wall of the building. We kiss for a while and its when I feel like my lungs are going to explode from a lack of oxygen that I pull away. He laughs as I rest my forehead against his shoulder in mild embarrassment. 

"I was so happy she was engaged," he chuckles into my hair and I can't help but laugh along with him. 

"So was I," I agree with a smile, pulling away to look at him. "Well, at least you'll know she's not a better kisser than me." 

"Is that all you were worried about?" 

"Not all, but it was definitely a thought." He shakes his head, but grins nonetheless. "Just promise me something." 

"Yes~"

"If and or when you have to kiss another woman for work and she's a better kisser then me, don't tell me about it, okay?" He kisses me again and I will gladly take that as an answer. He pecks me on the forehead when he pulls away. 

"I promise." I feel a whole bunch of butterflies erupt in my stomach and can't help from smiling. "We should go before they start looking for us." I nod in agreement, taking his hand and lacing our fingers together. It's almost dusk when we get back, but apparently it was an extended break due to some of the computers acting up. 

"So, did you two do a kiss scene of your own?" Key teases with a wink. I snort in embarrassed laughter as Onew turns a faint shade of pink. The guys are being called back to look over the scene one more time by their manager. Onew kisses the top of my head as the guys start shuffling away. 

"Told you there was nothing to worry about~" Jonghyun singsongs as he's pulling Onew with him. 

The shoot finally wraps up and there's applause for a job well done as the crew starts moving around to gather equipment. It's when Onew is passing by and he quickly links our fingers that I think Jonghyun was right. It's the dazzling smile,the peck on the cheek and the promise to call me later that I feel that there really was nothing to worry about. And Onew assures me, when we're talking on the phone before we go to bed, that no matter how many girls he may have to kiss for music videos or dramas, that I'm the one he'll be thinking about. 

Jonghyun was right. 

There was absolutely nothing to worry about.