Part 1

I Wish I Could Stay
Kim Jonghyun was an idol. He was widely famous around the world for his stunning voice and fabulous body(wink wink). Jonghyun personally loved his occupation, but there were lots of ups and downs (mostly downs, though).
One: he worked hours on end non-stop practicing for performances which, a majority of the time, didn't seem to cooperate with his health. Two: performances, though don't take this the wrong way. He loved his fans, his music, he loved it all! But sometimes there was always a day that he wished he could take it all back, and go back to the time when he was Kim Jonghyun, the dorky dino and not Kim Jonghyun, the idol. Though, at the end of the day, when all was said and done, at least there was that one person at home that he could come back to.
Kim Kibum.
Kim Kibum was his life. He was the sunshine to his rain, the milk to his Oreos, the peanut-butter to his jelly, and all that other cheesy crap. In all seriousness, Kibum was the one person that made all Jonghyun's problems disappear the moment he looked at his face.
When he would come home from a day full of hard work, or a month-long tour, and saw Kibum sitting there waiting for him, he felt special. He always wondered how such an amazing person would be willing to wait for such a busy person like him. He wasn't always going to be there to love Kibum the way he should, and didn't understand how Kibum had the patience to wait for him.
 
But he didn't know a thing.
 
Kibum was a good man. He was a mechanic in a small car shop by his and Jonghyun's shared house. He liked to volunteer for small jobs around town and was making sure that things were always in order at his home. Making sure that it was always clean, that there was enough food and that the laundry was all done and folded. He knew that he didn't need to do any extra jobs, but it kept him busy when Jonghyun was gone and kept him out of an empty and silent house, because of all things in the world that Kibum hated, it was the thought of being alone.
He hated being alone, and though he loved Jonghyun with all the love his heart could give, he was always gone. Kibum couldn't blame him though, he would always tell himself that it was the life of an idol, and it's his job to be busy. So, Kibum made a subconscious resolve; he would try his very best to stay strong for himself and for his relationship with Jonghyun, until he no longer had the ability to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kibummie, are you awake?" Jonghyun says as he walks through the front door. It was approximately two in the morning, and Jonghyun was utterly exhausted. He had been at the company since 12 p.m. the previous afternoon and he had been to about three interviews, a variety show, a recording session, and then he was asked by his manger to stay behind a couple hours to rehearse for his upcoming tour in Japan with his label-mates. When he didn't get a reply, he assumed Kibum was sleeping, but was surprised to see the male sitting at the table next to a steaming bowl of soup and a bottle of soju.
"Your manager called an hour ago apologizing for holding you back so long. I knew you would be super tired, and knowing you, you probably haven't eaten for a while." He says with a soft smile and pats the seat next to him, "Why are you standing there like an idiot? Come and eat!"
Jonghyun didn't notice that his feet were planted to the ground and he was staring at Kibum in shock. 'He stayed up for me?' His face broke out in a wide smile and he walked to his partner and planted a huge kiss on his lips. "Thank you, jagiya~" Jonghyun says, pulling away and taking a seat.
Kibum looks at his siginificant other with a faint smile, and watches Jonghyun while he continues eating. 'He works too hard' he thinks, knowing his thoughts are correct when he sees Jonghyun's head start to fall while he's eating. Kibum chuckles to himself, and stands to walk Jonghyun to their shared bedroom.
'I love this idiot too much.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning, Jonghyun was awoken by the bright sunlight peaking from his window. He looks down by his side and sees the peaceful face of his lover, the sun shining at the perfect angle on his pale, angelic face. He smiles to himself, and reaches his hand over to caress Kibum's cheek, and gets up to make breakfast.
Jonghyun realizes that he had not yet told Kibum about the Japan tour, which would last abot six months depending on how well promotions went. He felt bad, knowing that Kibum hated being all alone, and was worrying over how he would react. Would he be mad? Jonghyun didn't know, and it was eating at him.
Jonghyun sees Kibum walking down the hall that leads to the kitchen, and sets the food on the table. "Did you sleep well?" he asks, taking a seat after setting up the table.
"Yeah, I guess we both did since it's about noon-ish. My hair looks terrible, though." Kibum said while irritably picking at his hair, in which was sticking out in several directions. He takes a seat at the table, looking over the food before grabbing his chopticks. Jonghyun chuckles slightly, before pausing and looking up.
"Kibum, I forgot to tell you, but I'm leaving in a couple of days. The company had proposed a Japan tour for my label-mates and I, so we're leaving in two days." Jonghyun says, and notes the slight tense of Kibum's shoulders before he replies.
"O-oh! That's great! How long will you be gone?" Kibum said with a smile, and he was hoping that Jonghyun wouldn't notice the strain in his eyes, or the slight quiver of his lips.
Jonghyun was hesitant to answer, clearly afraid of his reaction. So, after a pause that seemed to last hours, he answered. "We'll be gone for about six months at the most, depending on how promotions go." Jonghyun was on full alert now, watching Kibum grab his chopsticks in a vice-like grip, his knuckles turning white.
"S-six...months?" he says slowly, unable to process the what he was being told, "you'll be gone for six months?" Kibum turned a deathly pale color, and thoughts of the soundless apartment flooded his mind. How was he going to survive six months alone? He could just imagine the eerie silence, the way he could hear his own breathing, or the way he could've sworn that his white walls were staring straight back at him. And the worst of all, was imaginig Jonghyun being there when in reality...he wasn't.
Kibum hadn't noticed he fainted until his eyes fluttered open. The first thing he saw was the ceiling of his bedrooom, something that he had stared at so many times that he had already begun to recognize the little creaks and indents that covered the surface of it. He sits himself up, and finds himself alone in the room. Just as he was about to lay back down, Jonghyun walks back into the room, holding a wet cloth and a bottle of water. As soon as he saw Kibum's concious figure, he immediately ran to his bedside.
"Kibum-ah! Mi-mianhae, I shouldn't have told you because I told you and then you looked pale and now you fainted and you look sick and-" Jonghyun rambled before taking a large breath, and was about to ramble once again, before Kibum's hand prevented him from doing so.
"It's fine, I was just shocked that's all. Don't worry about it." Kibum says, avoiding eye contact. Jonghyun notices and grabs his face, forcing him to look at him.
"You see, jagiya, that's absolutely impossible. I will always worry about you. When I saw you sudenly fall to the ground, I panicked because I can't bear thinking that something bad happened to you. I'm leaving for six months, and you'll be home with no one to care for you,"he pauses, "And I'll be in another country for six months without my sunshine, and that's the worst part."
At this point, Kibum couldn't keep in his tears. He tackled Jonghyun to the floor and began sobbing into his chest, and they stayed that way for what seemed like an eternity. Even when Kibum's tears had subsided, none of the two wanted to let go. They wanted to cherish the sweet moment while it lasted, because soon Jonghyun would be gone, and it would be six long months before the next opportunity came along. Jonghyun and Kibum looked each other, and both knew exactly what was going to happen next, if the way Jonghyun was staring at Kibum's lips was anything to go by. Ever so slowly, Jonghyun pressed his lip's against the younger's. They were still for a moment, before Kibum responded. He moved his lips against Jonghyun's, and as the minutes passed, their sweet kiss became much heavier and passionate. Jonghyun bit Kibum's bottom lip, silently asking for entrance. The other comlplied, making their kiss deeper and their hormones rage.
They made love that night, their skin glistening in the moonlight as they savored every touch, every kiss, and every moan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
­"Hm, I wonder how long it's been..."
"Since we've done that? It's been a while."
"Jonghyun, you should probably go shower now, you smell like utter ."
"Always the charmer, huh Kibummie?" Jonghyun laughs as he says this, while making his way to the bathroom. Kibum settles back down on the bed, thinking over the events of the night. He smiles as the memories of the previous night flood his mind, Jonghyun's soft touches, his slow movements, everything.
Kibum's thoughts were cut short at the sound of a shrill ring; Jonghyun's cellphone. Hesitantly, he reaches to grab it off of the nightstand and answers. "Yoboseyo?" he asks.
"Jonghyun-ah? Is that you? It's manager-hyung."the other person asks. 'It's his manager... What does he want at seven in the morning?' Kibum thinks, but answers nonetheless.
"No, Jonghyun is in the shower, would you mind calling back? Or is it urgent?"
"Oh, that's fine, but please tell him to call when he has time. I have matters to discuss with him." The manager hangs up then, and Kibum places the phone back on the nightstand and heads to the bathroom. Just as he is about to walk in, Jonghyun opens the door and walks out. Kibum informs him of the call and Jonghyun goes back to the room to call his manager, while Kibum goes to shower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 2 is in progress!!! This was supposed to be a one-shot, but I dragged it out a bit so.... Until next time!