1/1

Blue

“I mean, like, have you seen his hair? And his lips are so pretty, and he has really nice fingers, and have I mentioned his hair? I mean-” Jonghyun interrupted himself, staring dreamily after the blue-haired beauty across the room.

“I get it! You’re in love with him. Stop rubbing it in my face, oh my god.” Taemin practically yelled. “I’m going to throw up if you say another ing word about your boytoy, I swear to god.”

“Tae!” Jinki scolded, smacking his adopted brother on the back of his head. “No swearing!”

“I’m seventeen! I’m not a baby.” Taemin whined, lower lip sticking out in a pout. “Also you curse with Minho all the time! I can hear you when you two lock yourselves up in your room and don’t come out for an hour.”

Jinki blushed but otherwise ignored the last comment. “That-” he replied, pointing at Taemin’s pout, “-is not helping your case here. And you’ll always be five in my mind.”

“Also!” Jonghyun jumped in, “He’s not my boytoy.”

“Right, because you’re his boytoy. I forgot, forgive me.” Taemin deadpanned. “You’re only two years older, hyung!” Taemin returned to whining to Jinki.

“Guys!” Jonghyun complained.

Just then, Minho slid in next to Jinki, wrapping an arm around the elder’s waist and giving him a peck on the cheek. “What have I missed?”

“Jonghyun obsessing and Onew hyung won’t let me ing swear-”

“Taemin I swear to god I will-”

“Woah, woah, woah, calm down. Jinki, Tae’s getting older too. You were swearing around that age.” Minho calmed his ticked off boyfriend.

Jinki sighed. “I guess.”

Taemin shot Minho a grateful smile. “Just keep the swearing down to a minimum, alright kid?” Minho shot back in reply. “You’ll drive your poor brother nuts.”

“Fine.” Taemin pouted, then glanced at Jonghyun, who was still staring, enamored, at the perfection that was Kim Kibum.

Taemin groaned. “Just talk to him already! You’ve been stalking him for what, like a year now? But for some goddamned reason you can’t get the guts to say anything to him?”

Jonghyun glared at Taemin. “For one thing, I am not stalking him. Secondly, he joined our school this year, which started like 4 months ago. That’s not a year at all. And if you’re so confident, why you go talk to that Jongin kid?”

Taemin flushed. “That-That has absolutely nothing to do with this! He’s a friend! And I talk to him all the time!”

“Yeah, that kind of friend you want to kiss and cuddle with. What was that called? Oh yeah, a crush.” Jinki teased.

“I thought you were on my side!” Taemin wailed. “I’ve been abandoned!”

“No, I just want you to stop denying it already.” Jinki replied.

“I hate all of you.” Taemin muttered.

“Love you too!” Jinki laughed as Taemin continued to complain.

“At least Jonghyun admits he’s got a crush.” Minho replied.

“It’s not a crush!” Taemin denied. “I just admire his dancing! That’s all!”

“Whose dancing?” Jongin asked, appearing out of nowhere and draping himself over Taemin’s back. Taemin’s cheeks reddened slightly, which he would proceed to vehemently deny later on.

“Michael Jackson’s.” Taemin replied smoothly without missing a beat.

“Oh?” Jongin raised an eyebrow, “So you have a crush on Michael Jackson too?”

“What-I-no!” Taemin spluttered, a definite blush rising.

Jongin laughed. “C’mon, we have to work on our dance for the recital.” He pulled Taemin up, shouldering his backpack as well, despite Taemin’s insistence that he could carry it himself. “I’m gonna be stealing him, if you don’t mind.” Jongin smiled at the three people remaining at the table.

“Knock yourself out, he was getting annoying anyways.” Jonghyun waved them off.

Jongin dragged Taemin off, ignoring the other’s protests and repeated curses thrown at Jonghyun, and soon the two were out of sight.

“So, seriously, why don’t you talk to Kibum already?” Jinki asked.

Jonghyun sighed. “Remember what happened with Sekyung?”

Sekyung had been Jonghyun’s girlfriend in his first year of high school. They had met in middle school, and on the first day of freshman year, Jonghyun finally got the guts to ask her out. It had been fine for a while; they were keeping their relationship relatively secret, due to the fact that it was new and both were still getting used to it.

Jonghyun had been, to say it simply, very, very popular in middle school. He played every sport imaginable, had an amazing singing voice, was rather attractive for a middle schooler, and was nice to everyone he met. He had a fanclub; some of the girls in it were, for lack of a better term, obsessive. Once it had gotten out that he was dating Sekyung, nasty notes started being left in her locker, and the rumors started. Of Sekyung having seduced Jonghyun into having a relationship with her, that she was a , that Jonghyun only stayed with her out of pity. Jonghyun had broken up with her out of fear for her safety, afraid that if they kept dating, it would only get worse.

Sekyung said she understood, and they split on good terms. Sekyung switched schools to avoid the bullies, and she and Jonghyun still text regularly.

No matter how the situation ended, about a month after it started, it scarred Jonghyun. Now, he was a junior who, although being confessed to and asked out often, never even thought of dating anyone. Until he met Kibum.

Kim Kibum came into their first period with perfectly styled red hair, lined eyes, and a perfect outfit. Jonghyun had thought he was a bit snotty by the way he talked, but he saw the other’s smile and immediately fell. Hard.

Ever since, Jonghyun had been spectating Kibum from a distance, afraid that if he got too close, the girls would pounce and he’d have a Sekyung pt.2, only this time with a guy. He wasn’t sure if that would make it worse or not.

Jinki sighed as well. “That was three years ago. Most of the girls who went after Sekyung have graduated already.”

“Still-”

“Hey, why don’t you just  leave notes in his locker or something?” Minho interjected.

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked, thinking of the notes those other girls left in Sekyung’s locker.

“Not that kind of note,” Minho hastily replied, seeing the look on Jonghyun’s face, “like, a secret admirer note. That sort of thing. That way, you can at least have some output for your feelings, even if you’re so convinced that you can’t date him.”

Jonghyun thought about it for a moment and shrugged. “Okay, sure. Why not?”

“So smart, baby.” Jinki prised, kissing Minho on the cheek and snuggling into his side.

“Okay, I’m out. Not watching this.” Jonghyun stood, gathering his things. He waved the other two off, heading to his locker to get his books for his next class.


Hi,

You probably don’t know me. Okay that’s a lie you probably do, but hopefully you can’t recognize my handwriting. So then you don’t know me ^^

Well, I just wanted to say that I really liked your shirt today. You look good in blue. You should wear more blue.

-secret admirer

Jonghyun had written the note on some blue notebook paper last night at about 1 AM, mind scrambled from cramming in an essay along with all his other homework after football practice. He gave a cursory glance around, checking for any sign of Kibum and/or his best friend Woohyun. With neither in sight, he slipped the folded note into one of the slots and quickly walked away.

He slipped into a bathroom and let out a huge breath, heart beating fast. He was blushing a bit, but putting his cold hands on his cheeks remedied that issue soon enough. A deep breath calmed his heart, and he was back to normal. Sort of.

For the rest of the day, Jonghyun glanced at Kibum a few times, but far less than usual. Everyone at the lunch table took notice; Taemin was the first to comment on it.

“Wow, I’m surprised you’re not obsessing as strongly as usual. It’s good though, that was getting pretty creepy.” Jonghyun socked him in the shoulder and proceeded to eat his lunch, ignoring both the small smile Jinki gave him and Taemin’s endless whining.


Hi,

I saw you wore a new shirt today. Is that creepy? Sorry. It looks really good though. I told you that you look good in blue.

-s.a.

Yo,

I was going to grab my folder from the choir room and I heard you singing. I didn’t mean to really, but I may have stuck around to listen. You sounded really good. You should sing more.

-s.a.

Hey,

Did you get home okay last night? I saw you alone after practice, and I almost offered to give you a ride, but I thought it might be creepy because you don’t know me well >.< It started raining after I got home, were you okay?

-s.a.

Jonghyun continued the notes, putting one in Kibum’s locker everyday. Sometimes he saw Kibum reading them in class, and heard Woohyun teasing him about it in the hallway.

One particular day, Jonghyun noticed some seniors making fun of Kibum and his diva-ish attitude, calling him “such a ”, “little ”, and “pretentious ”.

Jonghyun wrote an extra-long note that day about all the amazing things he admired in Kibum.

It was nice to see him holding his head a little higher next period, the little blue paper sticking out of his pocket. Kibum peeked at it a couple times, a tiny blush appearing on his cheeks. Jonghyun smiled and jotted down another note for tomorrow.

Hey,

I know you like these notes, but pay attention! You’ll fail your classes if you’re always looking at these. Although it’s flattering that you care that much about my opinion >///< Mrs. Lee in particular tends not to go over anything, so make sure to write everything she says down or you might do poorly on your final! (not like I did that last year psh no)

-do I really need to sign this?

Jonghyun made sure not to look at Kibum the next day in that class, because Kibum’s eyes were surveying the room carefully. However, in the peeks Jonghyun did take, Kibum was dutifully writing down all the things Mrs. Lee said.


It was a surprise when it happened.

Jonghyun was going to his locker after dropping a note in Kibum’s, when a light blue paper fluttered out the second he opened the locker.

He stared at it on the floor for a while, confused, before crouching and picking it up.

Reading its contents almost gave him a heart attack.

I’ll meet you after your football practice.

-Kibum

The note dropped from his hand, his eyes wide.

Well. He didn’t seem to be a very good secret admirer.


Jonghyun was in the weight room, sweating off his worries of meeting Kibum later on. His shirt had long been abandoned on the other side of the room, slung over a bench with his water bottle and his music player, which was currently blasting Big Bang.

The music was so loud, Jonghyun didn’t notice that the door opened and a certain blue-haired male slipped in. He stood silently as Jonghyun repeatedly did pull ups, admiring the blonde’s muscled figure.

Jonghyun dropped from the bar, wiping sweat off his forehead. Turning for his water bottle, he froze at the sight of Kibum watching him with an expression of mild interest.

“Oh. Hi.” Jonghyun said, still shocked.

“Did you get my note?” Kibum asked, eyes flickering off of Jonghyun’s abs to look at his face.

“...yeah.” Jonghyun replied, moving to pause the music and taking a swig from his water bottle. Kibum admired the way Jonghyun’s adam's apple bobbed, but tried to shake himself out of it. “So, what did you want to ask me?” Jonghyun asked, having finished off his water bottle.

Kibum’s gaze shifted to his face, it having been on his abs again. Jonghyun laughed. “Should I put on my shirt?”

Kibum blushed, and glanced away. “Yeah, that’s probably a good idea. You do that.”

Jonghyun shrugged on his shirt on, and took a seat on the bench. “So?”

Kibum hesitated. “Was it really you who sent all those notes?”

“Yeah.” Jonghyun didn’t see any need to deny it.

“Why’d you do it?”

Jonghyun laughed again. “It was actually my friend’s idea. I figured it was better than sitting and stewing in my feelings, so I went along with it.”

“Why now?”

“What do you mean?”

Kibum huffed, face flushing more. “I noticed you before. I thought you were really cute, and you seemed nice, and you kept looking at me in classes so I thought you liked me but then you never did anything so I thought you didn’t, and then all of a sudden there are these notes in my locker, and I instantly think of you, but it couldn’t be you because you don’t like me right? But then I saw you carrying around the little blue papers everywhere and then I saw you put a note in my locker and I’m still having issues believing it.” He talked really quickly, leaving Jonghyun surprised.

“So why the did you wait so long?” Kibum asked, getting back some of his renowned confidence.

Jonghyun sighed, leaning back. “I was too scared to do anything. You’re new, so you don’t know about this, but I had a girlfriend back in freshman year, and let’s just say that it didn’t go over so well with the rest of the school population.”

Kibum raised an eyebrow. “What?”

“She got bullied by a group of girls for dating me, and it got to the point that we broke up and she switched schools in the middle of the year.” Jonghyun replied.

“So you didn’t want to do anything because you were thinking that the same thing might happen to me?”

“Something along those lines, yeah.” Jonghyun admitted.

“First off, that’s pretty sweet and thank you.” Kibum replied, “And secondly, why the would you think that a bunch of little whiny girls would stop me from doing anything. Have you seen me? I’m not about to let some jealous es stop me from doing what I want.”

Jonghyun laughed. “I guess I wasn’t thinking.”

“No, you weren’t.” Kibum agreed. “Now get the over here and kiss me, you idiot.”

Jonghyun stood and walked over to Kibum, boxing him in with his arms. “Hm? What did you say, I didn’t quite hear you.” He smirked.

Kibum rolled his eyes again. “I called you an idiot, you deaf dog.” Before Jonghyun could reply, Key grabbed Jonghyun’s collar and kissed him. One of Jonghyun’s arms wrapped around his waist while the other slid up to tangle itself in his hair.

They broke apart, panting for air quietly. “So, will you be my boyfriend?” Jonghyun asked.

“Hm...” Key said, making a thoughtful face. “You’ll have to kiss me again for me to be sure.”

Jonghyun laughed into their kiss.


A/N: Hi! I meant to make this a lot shorter, but well.... a couple hours later and it's 7 pages long oOPS

also tHE SHINEE ALBUM IS SUCH A JAM I LOVE ALL OF IT also why the is woof woof such a jam I can't handle this I cri

I hope you enjoy my word fart, and as usual, it's all unbetaed because I'm lazy as sorry