Final

Will You Wait For Me?

Choi Youngjae loves his job. It's his dream job. He actually loves to sing and be on stage but, due to circumstances that are beyond his control, he couldn't fulfill his lifelong dream, so instead, he chose the next best thing. He is now working at Universal Music Korea, the number one music company in the world. With his job, he gets to go to concerts, meet all these big named celebrities and work with them as well.

It was just another normal day at the office, he was sitting in his usual seat, typing up a reply to his boss in the regional office when someone taps his shoulder. "Youngjae-ah, can you come with me for a sec? I want you to meet someone." It was Jackson, their company's artist manager.

"Sure, hang on." Youngjae saves his e-mail, gets up and follows Jackson, to the conference room.

"Youngjae, this is Im Jaebum. We just signed him as our artist. He's a singer-songwriter and a filmmaker and he's actually based in the US." Jackson introduces him to this fine young man standing in front of him. He has this dazzling smile, smooth and silky hair, and a face that can rival the gods.

"Hi, I'm Im Jaebum, it is very nice to meet you, Youngjae, is it?" Jaebum reaches his hand out for a handshake. Youngjae gets distracted for a second by Jaebum's obviously very handsome face when Jackson slightly elbows him on his side, snapping him back to reality.

"O-oh.. yeah, it's Youngjae. Very nice to meet you to Jaebum-sshi." Youngjae quickly reaches for Jaebum's stretched out hand and he feels Jaebum's very manly grip on his hand. It took a lot of Youngjae's willpower not to faint right then and there. He cannot embarrass himself now, not when he just met the guy!

"Oh you can drop the formalities, I'm not used to them anyway. Or... you can... how old are you?" 

"I'm 19..."

"Oh, you can call me hyung if you want... I'm 21."

"Okay... hyung..." Youngjae shyly responds, praying to the heavens that his cheeks are not as red as he thinks they are. Well, they are as red as Youngjae thinks they are and Jaebum lets out a short, soft laugh when he sees this.

'Cute'. Jaebum thinks.

Youngjae looks up then and notices that Jaebum still has his hands in his hold. Jaebum notices this too and quickly lets go. Now, two guys are hoping to the heavens that the other won't notice their darn red faces.

Jackson finally decides to get these two out of their awkward misery and clears his throught, getting their attention. "Okay, anyyywaaay, Jaebum has written a few songs for his album that we will help him release.We will go through them one by one to see which song will best fit the album. And I know Jaebum has taken a few photos which you can start using as a teaser like, 'watch out for Universal Music's latest discovery: clue no. 1, a singer-songwriter' something like that, cool?"

Youngjae nods, not looking up at anyone. "I should get ot it then," he says and runs off to his seat.

Jackson just smirks and turns to Jaebum who's looking at the retreating back of Youngjae with a small smile on his lips.

"So, do you need anything else?" Jackson says, getting Jaebum's attention.

"No, I'm good. Thank you so much. I'll go on ahead." Jaebum reaches his hand out and Jackson takes it for a handshake.

"Drop by any time if you need anything."

"I will. Thanks again!" 

After seeing Jaebum out the door, Jackson heads back to see Youngjae. "So, our little Youngjae has a little crush on our new artist, huh?" Jackson teases.

Sputtering, Youngjae's eyes grow wide and looks up at Jackson, "n-n-no I don't!"

"Uh-huh, and I'm not the best artist manager there is. Come on Youngjae, you were so obvious, it's adorable!"

Youngjae blushes even harder because with Jackson's obnoxiously loud voice, almost everyone in their office is now looking at him. This was when Youngjae's best friend butts in.

"Who is he? Is he cute?" Yugyeom stands up from his seat to look at Youngjae over the divider. Youngjae just nods, looking at the floor, hiding his smile.

"Wow... You really like him, don't you?" Bambam says.

"N-no I don't! I just find him cute!" Youngjae answers defensively.

"Oooh~ Our Youngjae hyung has a crush on our new artist!" Bambam and Yugyeom teases.

"Stop it! I don't okay!" Youngjae huffs and turns back to his desktop, trying to focus back on his work.

A few days pass by and Im Jaebum's album is finally out. Youngjae does his best to help promote Jaebum's album on social media, and marketing his new album.  A few months later, Jaebum has to go back to the US, so he and his family decide to hold a celebration to thank everyone who has helped Jaebum with his album. Jaebum sent an e-mail invite to everyone in Universal Music Korea, but due to "unforeseen circumstances" no one could make it.

"Oh, that's tonight? I can't go... I-I have to.... go an pick up my in-laws at the airport! But I told Jaebum you'll be there so you have to go" Jackson says when Youngjae asks him if he's going.

"What?! You did what? Why did you do that!"

"Someone from Universal should be there!"

"But why does it have to be me?"

"Because no one else can make it!"

"Oh stop your whining Youngjae hyung! Yugyeom and I will be there with you!" Bambam chimes in.

"You will? OH THANK YOU!" Youngjae runs towards Bambam and envelopes him in a bone-crushing hug.

"Okay stop it hyung! I can't breathe!" Bambam pushes Youngjae off him. Youngjae just smiles at Bambam.

"That's settled then! Don't be late!" Jackson shouts, clapping his hands.

'Damn you Jackson Wang.'

That night, Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom head to the restaurant where the party will be held. As soon as they step in, they are greeted by Jaebum himself.

"Hey guys! Thank you so much for coming! Glad you can make it!" Jaebum says, hugging each one of them. When he reaches Youngjae, his hug seems a little bit tighter and lingers a little bit longer. Of course, Youngjae brushes it off and thinks that it's because Jaebum knows him more than Bambam or Yugyeom.

As soon as they are settled in their seats, Youngjae notices a stage up front and a band setting up. Turns out, tonight is open mic night and a server was passing around a song book for the guests to choose a song to request for. A few minutes later, the vocalist of the band clears and introduces herself and her band. She starts the night off with their rendition of the ever popular song, "All Of Me" by John Legend. When they end, they turn to the audience and ask each table what the occassion is. Then, Youngjae notices someone from their table run up to the stage, whisper something to the vocalist, and run back to their table. 

"Oh! we have a professional singer in the house!" The vocalist says into her mic and turns to our table.

"Mom! What did you tell her?" Jaebum looks at his mom with a worried expression.

"What? You are a professional singer, aren't you? This is a way for you to promote your album! Go on!" Jaebum's mom urges him on.

"Uggh mom! This is embarrassing!"

"Go on Jaebum hyung!" Youngjae reaches out and softly pats Jaebum's arm, with an encouraging smile on his face. Jaebum looks at Youngjae and when he sees Youngjae's innocent and beautiful smile, he tries so hard no to blush. Jaebum gets up on stage and takes the mic offered to him.

"So, why don't you introduce yourself first to everyone?" The band vocalist starts, looking at Jaebum.

"Uhm... hi everyone... My name is Jaebum. I'm a singer-songwriter under Universal Music. My very first album is out now and it's called, Forever Love."

"Sounds great! So, what are you going to sing for us tonight?"

"I guess I'm going to sing Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud."

"Wow, what a great song choice! Are you ready?"

"Yup." Jaebum nods, then the first few bars of the song kicks in. Jaebum waits for his cue and starts to sing. He sings with so much passion. Everyone in the restaurant is so drawn to him. Youngjae looks around and see everyone's eyes on Jaebum. When he looks back up on stage, he fixes his eyes on Jaebum. His eyes are closed, feeling every lyric and singing with his heart. When he opens his eyes, he just looks at one particular person in the crowd. He does not know why he's looking at this particular person but for some reason, while singing this song, he can't look at anyone else.

Yugyeom, sensing something, elbows Youngjae beside him. "Hyung, hyung, I think he's singing to you." 

"What? Don't be silly." Youngjae turns to look at Yugyeom and gives him a weirded out look.

"Oh don't be naive hyung. Look. He's just looking at one spot. And it's you."

"Shut up Yugyeom." Youngjae drops the conversation and focuses his attention back on stage. He looks at Jaebum and for a second there, Youngjae thinks that Jaebum was indeed looking at him, but before he can confirm, Jaebum closes his eyes again.

'He can't be looking at me... no way..'

After the song, everyone in the crowd claps and Jaebum bows, handing the mic back to the vocalist, and steps down from the stage. When he sits back down beside Youngjae, Youngjae turns to him and gives him a thumbs up. "You did great hyung."

"Thanks. I guess I was really in the moment." Jaebum admits with a slight blush on his cheeks. Youngjae lets out a soft laugh, looking down at his hands. 

After that performance, everyone started eating and enjoying, sharing stories about how Jaebum decided to fulfill his dream of being a singer, travelling to Korea from the US, and all that. Before they know it, it was finally time to go home. Everyone's starting to get up and give Jaebum their goodbyes and good lucks. Before they know it, it's just Yugyeom, Bambam and Youngjae who are left with Jaebum's family.

"So hyung, are you dropping by the office any time soon?" Bambam starts.

"I think we're dropping by the day after tomorrow? I'm not sure. I will have to check with Noona." Just then, Youngjae's phone vibrates. He looks down at the screen and sees a message from his dad, telling him that his right outside the restaurant.

"Well, my ride's here." Youngjae stands up and bids everyone a goodbye.

"Okay, I'll see you out." Jaebum stands up too.

"No! You don't have to!"

"It's okay. I want to."

Youngjae's stunned speechless.

"O-okay..." Youngjae blushes bright red, making Yugyeom and Bambam snicker. Youngjae tries to glare at the both of them but it looked anything but menacing with his blushing red cheeks so he settles with slapping them both at the back of their heads. Youngjae turns around and heads towards the exit, with Jaebum following behind him.

"Well, here's my ride. Thanks for tonight." Youngjae stops by the car and turns around to face Jaebum.

"Don't mention it. I'm really glad you came... I-I mean... You and Yugyeom and Bambam..." Jaebum says, scratching the back of his head.

Youngjae hides a laugh behind his hand. "So, see you soon?"

"Yup. See you." Jaebum then steps forward and envelopes Youngjae in a warm hug, which Youngjae returns.

Youngjae steps in to the car and the car drives off.

-- 2 DAYS AFTER --

"HEY YOUNGJAE! SOMEONE'S HERE TO SEE YOU!" Jackson screams from across the office. Youngjae groans and tries so hard not to bang his head on his desk.

'Idiots. I am surrounded by idiots.'

Youngjae stands up, but not forgetting to check how he looks first on his small desk mirror, knowing who Jackson is pertaining to. He approaches the lobby of their office and comes face to face with Jaebum and his Noona. 

"Hey Youngjae! It's so nice to see you again." Jaebum's Noona steps forward and gives Youngjae a hug.

"You too Noona."

"Hey Youngjae." Jaebum smiles and gives him a hug too.

"Hey Hyung." Youngjae smiles and blushes. 

'Damn these cheeks. Control yourselves please.'

When they break apart, Jackson steps in. "So, how are you Jaebum-ah."

"I'm good, I'm good. Youngjae has been very helpful in promoting me and my album. I'm very very thankful." Jaebum answers without looking at Jackson but instead, his eyes are on Youngjae. Youngjae notices this and wants to get out of this very very awkward situation, well awkward in his case so he clears his throat, getting everyone's attention.

"Um.. sorry guys, I have to get back to work. I'll talk to you later, okay?" Youngjae mutters and runs off to his seat without waiting for anyone's reply.

Jaebum just looks at Youngjae's retreating back and smiles. 'He's really adorable.'

"Jaebum-ah, our CEO wants to talk to you for a minute," Jackson says.

"Oh sure thing."

After a few minutes, Youngjae feels a presence behind him when a shadow looms over his head. He looks up and sees Jaebum smiling down at him.

"Hey, you busy?" Jaebum starts.

"Umm.. I can spare a few minutes, what's up?"

"Can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Umm... sure..." Youngjae quirks a brow.

"Come with me," Jaebum says before grabbing Youngjae's hand and leads him outside the office.

"What's up Hyung?" Youngjae starts as soon as they're outside.

"I'm going back to the US in 2 days," Jaebum says looking down at the ground.

"O-oh.." Youngjae was surprised to say the least. But more so because he's wondering why Jaebum is saying all this with a very serious face. What does this have anything to do with Youngjae anyway? So what if he goes back to the US? Isn't this more of an issue with artist management, and not him?

"Yeah.. so I was wondering if... umm... You know... if you are willing to... umm... willing to.. wait? For me?" Jaebum confesses without looking at Youngjae, swiping his foot on the ground.

"Wait? F-for you? What do you mean?" Youngjae is confused. He thinks Jaebum is confessing but he does not want to assume.

'He can't be confessing. Is he?'

"I-I really like you... and yeah.. I was wondering if... you will be willing to wait for me... until I get back... I will only be gone for a few months. I will be back very soon."

"Y-you like me?"

"I do... I really do. I can't explain it really. I just do. I'm really drawn to you for some reason. I can't explain it."

"S-so... if I wait for you until you get back, then what?"

"Then, I can take you out on a date. A proper date."

"A-a date?"

"Yeah. I really want to take you out and get to know you more. So, will you? Will you wait for me?"

"O-o-okay." Youngjae is blushing bright red now. Hearing his answer, Jaebum looks up at Youngjae, eyes wide.

"You will?" Youngjae just nods, smiling slightly.

Jaebum grabs Youngjae's arms and pulls him for an embrace. "OH THIS IS AWESOME!" Youngjae reaches up and wraps his arms around Jaebum, giggling slightly at Jaebum's loud outburst. Jaebum hold Youngjae in his arms for a few more seconds before he lets go, but not letting go totally, resting his hands on Youngjae's arms. Just then, Jaebum's Noona steps out of the office.

"Jaebum-ah, I've been looking everywhere for you. It's time to go." Jaebum looks at his Noona and nods.

"Bye Youngjae-ah. Thank you so much for helping Jaebum out." Jaebum's Noona walks up to Youngjae and gives him a hug.

"No problem Noona. It's my job after all." Youngjae returns the hug with a sincere smile on his face. They let go and Jaebum's Noona walks up to the elevator and presses the down button.

"Well, I guess I'll see you in a few months. Don't miss me too much." Jaebum teases.

"Oh, we're not even official yet and you are being cocky already?!" Youngjae teases back.

"I'm not being cocky. i'm just stating a fact." Jaebum winks.

"Oh shut up, I'm going." Youngjae pushes Jaebum slightly and moves to go back inside the office.

Jaebum suddenly grabs his hand and softly pulls him back in his arms. "Come on Youngjae, I was just kidding," Jaebum squeezes Youngjae in his arms until he feels Youngjae's arms wrap around his waist. Just then Jaebum's Noona yells for Jaebum.

"Okay lovebirds, time to break it up. Let's go Jaebum-ah. Bye Youngjae!"

"Neh Noona!" Jaebum answers and he pulls back from Youngjae. He reaches up his hand and rests it on Youngjae's cheek, his thumb slightly carressing it. 

"I will miss you. See you soon." Jaebum whispers, looking deep into Youngjae's eyes.

"See you soon." Youngjae replies. Then, Jaebum closes the gap between them and softly plants an innocent kiss on Youngjae's cheek. When he pulls back, he smiles as he sees Youngjae wide eyes and blushing cheeks. He caresses Youngjae's cheek with his thumb again before he lets go and runs to the awaiting elevator.

Youngjae is still standing at the same spot when the elevator doors close, unmoving and stunned speechless. He snaps back to reality when he hears Jackson's voice calling his name.

"Hey Youngjae-ah. What are you doing stupidly standing there?"

"O-oh.. n-nothing..." Youngjae replies and pushes pass Jackson, running towards his seat.

When he is settled, Yugyeom stands up from his seat and looks over the divider at Youngjae.

"Hey hyung..."

"Yeah..."

"That was some kiss... are you guys going out now?" 

"SHUT UP YUGYEOM!"

 

A/N: THAT'S IT! FINALLY A 2JAE FIC! I want to apologise to all my subscribers for making you wait for a long time for a new 2jae fic! I tried my best with this because like I said, I forced this out of my brain. It's not a fic born from natural (?) inspiration. I really hope you like it! And also, like I said at the description, this is LOOSELY based on my experience with one of our artists in the company I work for. KEYWORD HERE IS LOOSELY. LOL Hope you guys enjoy this and tell me what you think at the COMMENTS BOX BELOW!