chapter

Sweet Pain

“H-hyung…” seungri whimpered and looked down at his fingers avoiding the elder’s gaze full of pity.

“I’m sorry.” Jiyong cleared his throat and sighed feeling his heart swell up with guilt as tears streamed down his ex lovers face. He knew this was bound to happen and he wanted it to stop before seungri continued to fall deeper then he already was. He watched as the younger leaned closer to Jiyong with pleading eyes as he started to speak again,

“You don’t mean it hyung- right? It’s not true ha-ha.” His voice cracked as he forced a small bitter laugh, he felt as if he was waiting for a sharp knife to cut through his heart. It was like he was expecting his answer but believed at the last minute perhaps jiyong would draw back the knife and save him from the pain.  But he was wrong...

“I love her… I’m sorry.” Jiyong softly whispered and shamefully looked down before speaking again, “she already agreed to be mine last night and- I wish it wasn’t true, if it was a small affection I would shrug it off for you. But I…I couldn’t control it, it grew and I feel… I feel like if I let someone else have her I’d-“He was about to continue but seungri couldn’t stand it anymore and broke down into a sob before his eyes, managing to get a few words out,

“Stop it! P-please don’t continue- please don’t leave me-“he took a few sharp breaths before continuing, “Hyung I- I’ll try harder! I will listen to you and… and I’ll treat you better... I can’t be without you.” He looked at Jiyong with red puffy eyes as his bottom lip quivered hoping he would have another chance, that knife still could be taken out, he thought to himself and desperately grabbed his hyung’s shirt.

“Yah! Don’t you get it? These last couple of month’s I’ve tried so hard to hold it in. I can’t anymore that’s why I’m leaving you. Obviously there’s nothing you can do!” He pushed his maknae back and got up clenching his jaw in anger, for he was angry at himself and only himself. It was true he tried so hard to fall back in love with his maknae but nothing worked for him so he finally gave up and he secretly did not regret it. He felt a huge weight lifted off his shoulder but the fact that it hurt him seeing the one he loves crying in front of him better yet.. loved, he hated that. Jiyong closed his eyes hastily making his way to the door without looking back; he spoke a few words before finally exiting the room.

 “You’ll find someone else too Seunghyun.” The door closed leaving the younger pouring his pain out through his eyes for hours. That night he fell asleep crying, his heart was in immense pain and it would not stop hurting. For a few days he stayed in his apartment without leaving it, all he did was stay in the dark room eating only a small amount of food for three days barely enough to satisfy his stomach but he did not care one bit about his hunger for the pain was greater. By that third day Seunghyun could not even shed a tear but only dwell in sadness. And just as he was disposing his meal the door knocked shifting his attention to it, he stared at it not moving before the knocks became into pounding making him flinch.

“Open up!” a familiar voice called out, Seungri wouldn’t budge. He heard a sigh before there the door opened up revealing his group member Youngbae who closed the door behind him shooting a glare at Seungri. “Why haven’t you been answering my calls, texts and emails? Everyone has been worried sick about you, and Daesung and Seunghyun would not stop nagging about you!” He grunted and finished his sentence before noticing the appearance of Seungri. He looked like a mess, his hair looked unfixed, his eyes looked puffy, he looked like he was destroyed in the inside and Youngbae started to feel guilt.

“A-are you okay?” He blinked and got closer to seungri whom stayed expressionless and did not move at all.

“I’m fine.” The younger replied and looked down. Instantly Youngbae pulled Seungri into a hug and rubbed his back whispering into his ear.

“I’m sorry I didn’t come sooner, I know you’re not okay.” The older pulled away and took Seungri’s hand leading him to the couch before sitting down and staring at him. Seungri’s face remained blank, he showed no emotions and knowing how playful his personality really is, this seemed scary. Youngbae bit his lip and sighed as he ran his fingers through Seunghyun’s hair before starting to talk again, “Look. I know how much you loved Jiyong, we all do. You can’t be like this, it’s not going to change his mind and it’s just a waste of tears for you. You have to accept that he is happy with her and perhaps one day you’ll find someone else who can make you feel happier. You deserve the best I mean; you’re such a beautiful person Seunghyun-ah. I want you to know that.” Youngbae smiled and nodded awaiting the younger’s reply.

“I…I am not beautiful hyung.” He paused as he looked straight into his eyes and continued, “If I was, he would not have left me.” A tear ran down his face as he quickly wiped it away only to have more tears follow after. Youngbae sighed as he leaned closer wiping away his tears while shaking his head and cupping Seungri’s face in his hands.

“Listen. Forget Jiyong, he obviously lost something so precious. To me it’s like, he threw away a diamond to pick up a rock. Have you heard the saying before? Well that’s how I see it as. You have the power to make people feel happy and brighten up their day, your laugh is contagious, and your smile is breathtaking. I have never met anybody like you, so don’t you ever say you’re not beautiful do you hear me?” There was silence for a few minutes before Seungri could reply to his hyung,

“Thank you Hyung. My- my heart still hurts but life goes on… ri-right?” He stuttered as tears continued to fall only to have his hyung wipe them away quickly with his thumb before nodding. Youngbae then enveloped his maknae into a tight hug and patted the younger’s back.

“It does, and I will help you through it Ri. I’m always here for you.” He pulled away and looked into Seungri’s eyes and continued, “I’ll make sure that you will get over him and get treated like you deserve to be treated.” With that he wiped the last few tears away and caressed his cheek before leaning in and placing his lips on Seungri’s cheek. And no matter how ridiculous it sounded, at that moment he felt as if that knife was slightly pulled out.