Just do it already Dongwoon!

I Like You Best

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

“W-w-when am I going to ask her out?!”

“What? It’s the  reasonable thing to do – give it a go. You like her and who knows, maybe she likes you back,” replied Gikwang.

“But I haven’t even spoken to her properly yet…I might scare her off…”

Doojoon nudged me.

“Then go talk to her when you see her or something! Just go for it man!”

The last school bell rang. Everyone was beginning to pile out of the school gates to head home in this  bad weather and I needed to get home quickly for my mum’s birthday.

“Yeah… I’ll…Yeah…I need to hurry home now. Bye guys!” I yelled, as I ran through the pouring rain to the bus stop.

 

Six weeks later…

 

“So have you done it yet?”Asked Doojoon.

“Done what?”I whispered. We were in the library, studying, yet again.

“You know… ask her out…”

“IU?”

“NAAH! WHO ELSE?!”Yelled Doojoon.

“SHHH!”

“SHUT UP!”

“WE’RE TRYING TO STUDY!”

“SORRY!” I replied to the number or complaints and glares we got. We ducked back down into the confines of the study desks which had small wall like barriers, allowing students to have our own privacy while studying.

I whacked Doojoon on the arm.

“We’re in the library! Could you have chosen a better time to ask me?”

“Well have you or haven’t you?”

“If I have wouldn’t I have told you guys already? Plus, I haven’t been seeing her around lately…”

“That’s no excuse Dongwoon. What if someone else tells her that he likes her and asks her out and she says yes? That means you’ve been having a one-sided crush. It’s been like four months and all you’ve said to each other are: Hi and bye.”

“I’ve had a conversation with her before! It’s not just hi and bye! We’ve spoken! It’s not one-sided!” I insisted.

 Come to think of it, I was the one who congratulated her and we only have said a few words to each other…And it’s been a few months so I have no idea whether she has moved on from me or not… or maybe I had mistaken her friend’s voice for hers… I can’t have. I spoke to her after all. The voices were the same.

“Seriously Dongwoon. Get a move on. She’s like one of the prettiest girls in the school. The other day, I was washing my hands in the bathroom and I heard these guys talking about her and how badly they wanted to ask her out but they were scared of her rejecting them. After that, I heard some guy in our grade talk about how pretty she was and that he was going to ask her out.”

“She’s not ONE of the prettiest, she IS the prettiest!”

“That’s not my point Dongwoon. Just ask her out before someone else does ok? Rumour has it; she has a crush on someone in our year. A lot of the guys are talking about confessing to her and asking her out. Get a move on, ok? As a Hyung, I am obliged to make sure you are happy. I don’t want to see you get hurt if someone else gets to her first. Just hurry up.”

“I’ll do it in my own time ok? You do realise that the librarian is giving us the look right? She looks like she’s going to kick us out any minute now so study! It’s more important at the moment!”

Doojoon sighed.

“I was just trying to help!”He said, dejectedly and went back to burying his face in his textbook.

Maybe I should ask her out sooner than later… What Doojoon said was right. I have overheard guys boasting about how they would ask her out. I just couldn't get IU out of my mind. I absently flicked through my textbook then slammed it down on the table.  I saw Doojoon flinch and some other people curse. I stood up and packed my books up and walked out of the library. Doojoon looked surprised and quickly followed me. 

OK. Dongwoon, on the last day of the semester, you are confessing to her. No ifs, no buts. Just do it before someone else gets to her before you. Confess to her in a way that will make her say yes instantly. Two more weeks to prepare Dongwoon. Two more weeks.