See You Again (Final)

See You Again

    "It's been a long day without you," Jimin whispered softly, gently lying on top of the blanket that he had set out. He made sure he packed all the right foods to share with his friend; packets of pepero sticks in various flavors, 2 medium sized teas from The Mins, and homemade kimbap that Jin had helped make.

    Jimin looked beside him, re-reading the words engraved on the stone carefully, his fingers slowly tracing over each word:

R.I.P. Here lies Kim Taehyung. A loving son, brother, and friend.
God gained another Angel in Heaven.

    Jimin tightly shut his eyes, and looked up at the clear sky, the wind slightly tickling at his skin making him slightly shiver. Running his fingers through his hair that hung just above his eyes, he let out a deep breath. Sitting back up, he cleared his throat.

    "Yah- I promised I wouldn't cry again," he sloppily wipes his eyes, removing any evidence of tears, "Anyways, let's eat?" He chuckled to himself, opening a pack of pepero sticks in strawberry flavor. Jimin took one, popping it into his mouth, and placed the rest of  the sticks beside him. He chewed silently, placing his hands on his knees.

    It felt like it was just yesterday when the car accident took the life of his best friend. They were finished promoting and their comeback was a success, an all-kill, something they never imagined would happen; just winning 1st place in a music show was already a lot to handle for them. But on their way to their next schedule, a drunk driver had crashed into them, flipping the car over.   
    During that period of time, Bangtan didn't feel like Bangtan. They took an 8 month break, never posting anything except for short tweets every now and then just to assure the fans that they were still there. There were no pictures uploaded, no bangtan bombs, no new music, the rest of the members felt like there was no need anymore. But as time went on, they slowly got back into the way things were before the car accident. Rap Monster decided to upload tracks that he had made before and the following month, Suga released a mixtape with 10 tracks. Then, Jungkook and Jin released covers of songs on their blog. The fans still continued to support them, and the boys were thankful. It was hard for the staff, the fans, Taehyung's family, and especially for the boys themselves.

    "I can't believe it's been a year," he says outloud as if Taehyung was sitting right next to him; listening to every word that Jimin was saying. Jimin sighed, picking at the grass that was in front of him.

    "What did the other members say?" Jimin smiles, his eyes locked on the grass that he kept on ripping and throwing. The members had a tradition where they would come to visit Taehyung and spend one on one time with him. Jimin always volunteered to go last out of the seven.

    "Ah!" Jimin exclaims, grabbing his backpack from behind him and opening it. He emptied the backpack, remembering the fan letters he brought and placed it in-between where he was sitting and the stone. Jimin giggled.

    "Punk, you got 7 more fan letters than me," Jimin scoffs. He counted them last night; Taehyung had gotten 149 fan letters dedicated to him, while Jimin had gotten 142 letters. It was a compilation of letters from the last fan signings they had.

    "The fans miss you," Jimin whispers, stacking them on top of each other, making sure they wouldn't topple over. He leans on his backpack, carrying the weight of his head onto the palm of his hand.

    "We do too," he whispers. Jimin went on to reminiscing about the memories they had together. When they first met in the dorms, their debut stage when Jin's pants dropped, the hidden camera on Jungkook and how they kept on giving each other looks because they knew it was all just a joke. He remembered the time when they would hit each other during their promotions of War of Hormone, and it sure pissed Jimin off but looking at the fan's smiling and laughing made it worth the pain.

    Jimin recalled the cries they shared at 4 in the morning, he recalled the laughter in the dance practice rooms at midnight, the late night talks in their hotel room everytime they were in a different country. He laughed at the memories of joking around with J-Hope, since he was the only hyung that made it feel like there was no age difference. Or the times when they picked on Jungkook since he was the only member younger than them that couldn't do anything about it.

    The sun started to go down, and Jimin seemed to forget that the car that came to pick him up was here. To Jimin, it felt like he was casually spending time to talk with his best friend.

    "Jimin-ah!" Rap Monster shouted from the front seat, the rest of the members were sat in the back, their manager was the one driving. Rap Monster's lip quivered as he saw the sight of Jimin lying down talking to the stars that smiled down at him.  

    "One more minute, hold on," Jimin yelled. He shifted his body to the right of him, facing the stone, "Well, it looks like I have to go TaeTae." Jimin chuckled, "Manager-nim is making us practice again. He says that the fans miss us. Watch over us, okay?" He smiled.

Jimin let out a deep breath, he couldn't start to cry especially when the rest of the members were waiting for him in the car, the last thing he wanted was to bring back the tears from the day of Taehyung's funeral.

    "I'll tell you more about what we're up to when I see you again," Jimin whispers, "I love you." He stood up, packing everything into his backpack again. Rap Monster did his best to give him a smile as Jimin hopped into the back of the car next to Jungkook, who was asleep. The other members were asleep as well. The clock read 10:58 p.m.

    "Let's go?" Rap Monster asked from the front seat.  Jimin nodded, looking out the window to where he was sitting earlier, "What did you guys talk about?" The car's engine began to start and the view of the place where Taehyung was buried started to get smaller and smaller.

    "We talked just like we always do," Jimin smiled, looking at the rearview mirror, looking directly at his hyung. Rap Monster chuckled and nodded.

    "Are you ready for practice?" Rap Monster asks, shifting his body to face Jimin from the front seat. Jimin giggled and nodded.

    "Never been more ready hyung," Jimin gave him a thumbs up making Rap Monster smile. Although things were never going to be the same, they knew this is what Taehyung would have wanted. He would have wanted them to continue smiling, continue working hard, and most importantly, continue doing what they loved.