first meeting.

Scars

“Mom, I know you’re still there. You heard me, right?”

A thirteen years old girl looked at a middle-old woman inside a chest in front of her. She couldn’t stop crying nor yelling hysterically. The tears she held back dropped gradually as her thoughts were hallucinations only.

“Don’t you remember your promises to me in the past? You said that you’d take me to the biggest playground so we could have fun together with daddy. You also said that if I were an adult, you would protect me even more and teaching me how to be a really good girl. You’re a liar, mom! I hate you!”

She hit the dead-woman whom actually her mother as strong as she could; blamed her mother for leaving her alone without any excuses. The agony fulfilled her fragile heart, and then broke it into a million pieces.

The sound of cold-autumn wind was the only melody which escorted the funeral. And it was one of the girl’s fears.

“MOM!”

Youngji woke up from her horrible dream, screamed aloud then turned the lamp beside her bed. She covered her eyesight while settled down herself as she got up from the bed and walked out to the kitchen. Her hand opened the freezer’s gilt; took a bottle of fresh milk then drank it slowly.

“Geez, that scary dream again.”

Since her mom died, at every night Youngji has always dreamt about her mom’s death. No wonder if in the morning she was so sleepy and got many tasks from her teachers –because she got caught sleeping when the class was started.

It was 2AM.

She continued to wander; her mind was like a hurricane. It was a wreck, full of strange yet awful thoughts. Her heart was beating but didn’t feel alive, it was in so much pain and broken. Her brain was also working but she was stupid, depressed and has suicidal thoughts.

That first cut, she made it when she was in a freshman year of high school. She couldn’t stand the pain inside her heart. Besides, no one was there for her. She accidentally saw a blade above her desk, with nervous thoughts she took it.

With all her might, she tried to control herself but the curiosity pushed her into a black hole. What she could see was just darkness, loneliness, and sickness. At top of her heart, she dared herself to cut her wrist.

It felt good. With the cuts, she felt little by little of her pain went away and found out that played using the blade was strangely addicting. Depression stole her entire life.

**

“Hello, my name is Park Jimin. Hope we could get along well.”

Park Jimin was a new transfer student from Busan. He looked really happy when he introduced himself, and then he waved his right hand to greet other students. The teacher ordered him to sit on an empty chair in the corner. Afterwards, he conveniently did what his teacher said. When he walked through Youngji’s chair, he felt a dark aura there. His scruff hair stood up, he directly rubbed his hand to stop the fear.

The school’s bell rang, and the class was dismissed. One by one student got off from classroom, except for Youngji. She was still busy packed her stuffs into her bag until she didn’t realize that Jimin stared at her.

Jimin slowly approached her and dragged out his right hand. He coughed in purpose to make Youngji surprised then noticed him. “I’m Jimin, a transfer student from Busan High School. May I get to know your name?”

There was no reply.

Youngji didn’t look back at him. She walked away leaving Jimin directionless.

“Wait! You there, answer me!” Jimin shouted. But still, Youngji didn’t respond him at all.

“Why is she so heartless?” Jimin was open mouthed while took his bag, thought about how to make friends with Youngji. Didn’t know why Jimin was so curious about her, he did really want to get closer to her. What a strange boy.