First Love, Forsaken Love

First Love, Second Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung finds himself alone in the clubroom. Orange light fills the soundproof room as the sun takes its day off. He glances at the clock, 6:00PM, and sighs. It’s been hours since choir rehearsals ended, but here he is, spending the remaining hours of his weekend in school. A lot of pressure is forcing him to do extra practice, ‘cause it’s very rare for a freshman to take the solo tenor part. Tired and throat sore from singing miraculously high notes that can shatter glass (“thank God the window is fiberglass”), Jinyoung lies down the couch to take a nice quick rest.

When Jinyoung opens his eyes (after what he feels like 10 minutes), his groans like his head is gonna crack open any second. Groggy, he sat up and tried to remember why he is in the clubroom and why is there a man sitting across the room.  It takes a few seconds to register everything in his mind. He is a moment away from screaming for help - until this person spoke first.

“You’re having problems starting measure 89, right? Wanna try practicing with me?”

Jinyoung can’t see his face in the dark (“holy sh*t it’s 8:00PM”) but he can recognize the voice. It’s the voice of the senpai that rarely goes to practice, primarily because he’s graduating and busy with thesis. School policy is that 5th years are excused from club works to concentrate on their own studies (“this policy is sooooo procrastination-friendly”), but Jinyoung remembers that voice. He knows the voice of the person he likes very-well. After all, he’s the reason why Jinyoung enrolled in this university.

“Do you want to or not?”

Jinyoung couldn’t find himself to speak, and he thinks his sore throat is not the reason for this. He swallows a gulp and tries to muster something.

“Senpai, I……. I like– “

rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingggggggggggg

Suddenly, the sound of alarm echoes loudly around the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“It’s been a while since that nightmare pestered me in my slumber.”

Jinyoung gro

Please log in to read the full chapter