Final.

Your smile is what money can't buy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bye baby. I’ll see you in the evening.” Yuri kissed her wife goodbye.

 

“See you. Do well for the presentation today, don’t mess it up alright?” Yoona flashed her charming smile and adjusted Yuri’s untucked shirt as she was wearing formal on that day.

 

“Hmm… What should I do now…” Yuri thought while walking along the streets with her handbag. She walked aimlessly until she saw a newly opened café. Yuri walked in and sat at the corner of the café.

 

“I’ll have a medium cup of Cappuccino.” Yuri smiled at the waitress. The waitress smiled back and went to send Yuri’s order.

 

There was a newspaper stand near Yuri so she grabbed today’s newspaper and flipped to the section where companies would state that they have vacancies in their company.

 

After looking at all the job vacancies, all of the companies are looking for either customer services at retail shops or cleaner. Yuri’s education level is too high for all those jobs. Yuri looked around the café and saw that they pasted a notice, stating that they’re looking for baristas, dishwasher and waitress.

 

Yuri’s eyes beamed and thought that maybe this could work; she always likes making and serving coffee, especially when she always does it at home for Yoona when she has free time.

 

Though it’s a downgrade, Yuri is really tired of wasting her life everyday by lying to Yoona saying that she’s going to work whereby truth is, she’s just out in the world wasting both her time and her life.

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

Yoona and Yuri got to know each other back in the university. Yoona came from a rich family and has been living a luxurious life ever since she was born. However, Yuri was not. She came from a poor family and her dad left her and her mom when she was very young. Yuri only had her mom and her best friend, Tiffany to count on but just last year, Yuri’s mom gave her life to cancer.

 

Although Tiffany said she wants to pay half of Yuri’s education fees for her, Yuri didn’t want it because she wants to be independent. Tiffany had no choice but to listen to her stubborn best friend.

 

Yuri tried to get her scholarship through her CCA in the university which is the Track-N-Field. Long and short distance runs are what Yuri is most confident about. She’s an ace, even Tiffany agrees with it.

 

Yuri caught Yoona’s eyes when they were having CCA one day. Yuri was stretching like a professional and she was attractive as hell. Yoona had fallen in love since then.

 

One day, Yoona confessed and Yuri returned the feelings. They got together and after six months together, they got married. Yoona’s parents gift them a condo to live in together.

 

Yoona’s living standard was so high that Yuri had to work two jobs to provide just Yoona herself. She’s tired but didn’t want to let Yoona know, Yuri thinks that it’s her job to give Yoona a good life.

 

Due to Yuri’s university certificate, she got a job as a senior manager in a company and gets to quit her other job as the wage of a senior manager is enough to provide Yoona.

 

But good things don’t always happen, one morning; Yuri got into a quarrel with the AVP and left the company out of impulse. She didn’t know how to face Yoona, but glad that the three months wages the company gave her can last them for half the year, or rather, just Yoona’s shopping money.

 

Yuri didn’t know how to tell Yoona about being jobless, as Yoona and her family has high expectations for her. Also, she’s afraid Yoona might despise her.

 

[Flashback]

 

The waitress served Yuri her coffee and the latter asked the waitress about job vacancies.

 

“Hi! Are those job positions still available?” Yuri asked politely.

 

“Yes, they are. Which one do you want to apply for?” The waitress asked.

 

“Erm… I’m looking at the barista one, but I can do all actually.” The waitress’ eyes widened upon hearing Yuri said that. A hot and y lady is going to be a dishwasher?

 

“Oh, alright. Do you want to schedule another date for the interview or do you want to have the interview now, provided if you have your resume?”

 

“Yes, I have my resume with me now. I can do the interview right away.” Yuri smiled confidently.

 

“Sure, I’ll let my manager know.” The waitress smiled and went in.

 

Awhile later, Yuri is in the manager’s office, doing her interview. She was nervous as hell, wondering if the manager would hire her. The manager looked through her resume and then looked at Yuri with a frown.

 

“Miss Kwon, we’re glad that you applied to work in our café, but I’m afraid you’re too good for us. You’re a senior manager before, are you sure you want to work here?” The manager put his chin against his palm.

 

“Yes, I’m sure. I don’t care about what I worked as before, I just want to gain some experience and learn new things.” The way Yuri answered made the manager very satisfied.

 

“Great. About the salary… I’m afraid we can’t offer you as much as when you worked as a senior manager.”

 

“What’s the highest you can offer then?” Yuri asked.

 

“The highest we can offer you is $2200. Yuri did some mental calculation in her head and decided that it should be enough to feed Yoona.

 

“That’s fine.” Yuri smiled.

 

“Welcome to the family.” They shook hands and Yuri went to get her uniform as she will be starting work the next day.

 

Yoona always looks through Yuri’s handbag so she can’t bring her uniform back. She decided to drop by Tiffany’s house.

 

“Tiff!” Yuri hugged Tiffany the moment she opened the door. The two best friends miss each other so much.

 

“What brings you here babe? I thought you should be working at this hour.” Tiffany asked while pouring a cup of water for the black pearl. Yuri facepalmed herself as she forgot to tell Tiffany about it.

 

“I… I resigned.” Yuri said timidly.

 

“Why? What happened?” Tiffany wrapped an arm around Yuri’s shoulders, knowing that her best friend is troubled.

 

“I quarreled with the AVP and resigned out of impulse.” Yuri said.

 

“Then how are you going to provide Yoona? I know she doesn’t work… Do you need some money to spare? Hold on, I’ll get my cheque book.” Tiffany stood up but got stopped by her best friend.

 

“It’s okay babe, I still have some savings. Although it’s a downgrade, but I found a job at the newly opened café just down the street from our house.”

 

“Then what are you working as? Supervisor?” Tiffany still has no idea how much has Yuri downgraded.

 

“A barista, waitress and dishwasher…” Yuri hung her head low, knowing her best friend would give her a piece of mind.

 

“KWON YURI!  I want you to quit that job now. Let’s try to get back to being a senior manager at the company you worked at okay? C’mon.”

 

“Tiffany! No! I won’t go back to that company. I promised the manager at the café that I commit to the café from tomorrow, I don’t feel good leaving. Besides, good times come to an end. Just let me try okay?” Yuri used her puppy eyes and knew Tiffany would give in to her.

 

“Okay. Then how are you going to tell Yoona?” Tiffany calmed down a little.

 

“I don’t know. I will hide it from her for as long as I can.” Yuri said.

 

“How?”

 

“Continue to act like I’m still working as a senior manager. Look, I got my uniform today and I can’t bring it back home because Yoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter