New Me

Magical Rules

Kyu Ri: 20 years old 
Kyu Ri was getting ready for a date with her boyfriend Young Hwa Oh. She was looking good, with amazing style. As she’s picking out clothes, something falls down. It’s a bunch of papers. “Oh, wow… my designs… it’s been a long time since I designed anything,” Kyu Ri wistfully said as she looked down at the papers. “Oh my God, I’m late,” she said, panicking as she looked at the clock. She rushed to her date, which was in a nice place. Young Hwa quickly caught sight of her. “Oppa,” Kyu Ri shouted, waving to him. She walked over to him. “Kyu Ri, you came! Wow, you look great today,” Young Hwa told her, smiling. “Really? You think so…,” Kyu Ri said, suddenly feeling shy. “Yes, I’m sure! I loves the shoes, and the dress,” Young Hwa said with a huge grin. Kyu Ri gently nudged him. . “Well, the shoes were a birthday gift from you, and the dress,” she said. “Ok, ok, here, have a seat. What do you want to eat,” Young Hwa asked. “Anything,” Kyu Ri said as she stared at the menu. “Ok, I want to eat fish,” Young Hwa told her as he looked over the menu. Kyu Ri smiled and said, “me too.” They began eating but then…

“Kyu Ri, I have… something to tell you,” Young Hwa said. “Alright, tell me,” she happily answered. Young Hwa looked at her and said, “I think we should break up.” “What? Why? Did I do something wrong,” she worriedly asked. “No, no, it’s not your fault,” Young Hwa reassured her, which confused her. “So… why are you breaking up with me, then,” Kyu Ri asked. “It’s just… I don’t love you anymore,” Young Hwa told her. “Oh, what do I say,” Kyu Ri said, sporting a fake smile. “I’m sorry. I was nice to you because I didn’t want to hurt you, but I can’t be with you anymore,” Young Hwa said. “It’s ok, don’t worry! I understand,” Kyu Ri told him as tears began falling down her face. “We can still stay friends, right,” Young Hwa asked, smiling sadly. “Yeah, sure. We can stay friends,” Kyu Ri said. “Ok. I’ll see you later, then,” Young Hwa said, standing up. “Wait. Here you go,” Kyu Ri told him, handing him her shoes. Young hwa looked at her, surprised. “Why are you giving me your shoes,” he asked her.”Because I don’t want anything that reminds me of you. I’ll send you the dress tomorrow,” Kyu Ri answered.

She was so sad, it was impossible not to feel bad for her. Kyu Ri went out, walking without any shoes on, but then something bad almost happened. She wasn’t being careful, and there was a car behind her. It almost ran her over. Nothing too bad happened, but she fainted. The owner of the car stepped out to check on her. “Miss, miss, are you alright? Oh my God, like I need more problems,” Tae Kyung said as he was trying to get her up. Do you know who Tae Kyung is? He’s the owner of a company called Purple Apple, which had many famous designers. Tae Kyung then took her to the hospital. “Where am I,” Kyu Ri asked when she woke up. “Are you okay, miss? Sorry, I didn’t mean to…,” Tae Kyung said. “It’s ok, I’m fine. Don’t worry,” Kyu Ri reassured him as she began to get up. “Be careful! Don’t move please,” Tae Kyung said as he helped her. “I must get home,” Kyu Ri replied. “I’ll drive you, if you don’t mind,” Tae Kyung offered. “Oh, if it works for you,” she said. “Where are your shoes,” Tae Kyung asked, confused. “Please, don’t ask,” Kyu Ri said. While they were in the car, Kyu Ri stared out the window, feeling sad. “Miss, what’s your name,” Tae Kyung asked. “Kyu Ri. Young Kyu Ri,” she told him. “Oh, nice name. I’m Oh Tae Kyung,” he said.”Nice to meet you- oh, I live right here,” Kyu Ri said, pointing at the building. “Oh, ok,” Tae Kyung said. “You can come into my house if you want,” she offered him. “Sure,” Tae Kyung said. They went into her house. “Do you want to drink anything,” she asked him. “Ummmm, maybe coffee,” he said. “Coffee? At this hour,” she asked, surprised. “I drink coffee at anytime,” Tae Kyung said with a smile.

“Ok…,” Kyu Ri said. “What’s this? Did you design this,” Tae Kyung asked as he went through her papers. “Yeah, it was 3 years ago,” she informed him as she handed him his coffee. “This is great! I mean, you’ve got a lot of talent,” he told her. “Thank you sir, you’re the first person who’s ever said that to me,” Kyu RI told him, blushing a little. “Look, I’m looking for some new ideas for my company. You can come work with me if you want,” he offered her. “Which company,” she asked, curious. “Purple Apple,” he replied. “Really? No way, Purple Apple? For real,” Kyu Ri asked, shouting. “Yes, for real,” Tae Kyung said. “Yes, I want to work for you,” Kyu Ri excitedly said. “Take it easy there, don’t you think it’s a little early? You just had an accident,” he told her, worried. “It’s fine, I can even start tomorrow if you want,” she told him, her eyes shining. “Hmmm, you have got some nice coffee,” Tae Kyung told her. “I know, right,” Kyu Ri said, beaming. “Alright, I have to go home now. Tomorrow you can come in and we’ll talk about it. Good night,” Tae Kyung said as he left Kyu Ri’s house. “Yes, goodnight, and thank you,” Kyu Ri said as she closed the door. Kyu Ri felt happy because she had a job, and her dream would be coming true. Yes, her dream was to be a famous designer. In the morning, she went to the company and stood outside of it, looking at it. “Purple Apple, say hello to your new designer, Kyu Ri,” she breathily said. She had more than just hope. A designer… it was a little too early for it. Kyu Ri needed to know more about fashion, and she needed to practice. Her job now was just to help the other designers, which was bad for her.

One Year Later
While she was helping a designer, someone came to tell her something. “The boss needs to see you, Kyu Ri,” her co- worker, Hong Gi told her. “Alright, I’ll go,” said. Her boss needs her. Do you want to know why? Read the next chapter!