01 / (0?)

warm spring rains

It was sure unexpected to start raining in the middle of spring, but Moonbyul wasn't surprised, since the air went slightly heavier than the usual and that cold breeze that hit her at 3am,  ensured herself that it was a 90/100 chances of a morning rain to come soon.

Which eventually did came. Sometimes she wishes she could change the weather, because honestly, the coldness on her fingers and nose where already making everything goes numb and her rhinitis could might get worse within the weather changes. She couldn't fix the weather yet, only her grades for this semester and maybe (if she finish college and get a job) the economy, but well.. there she was. Stuck with her inability to change weather,this semester grades and the economy.

But someone else could. At least for her. And she was a few steps ahead with books in hands, hugging herself on her coat and desperately waiting for the rain to stop.

Moonbyul was grounded. She's been crushing this girl from her Microeconomic theory class since the beginning of the semester and of course couldn't vocalize a word, since her sociable skills were equal zero. She had already memorized Yongsun frame from afar, how her hands went all over the place while she was talking and oh, her smile.. she looked like squirtle from Pokemon and she loved pokemon so..felt like destiny.

It wasn't hard fall for Yongsun. Even the way how her name rolled out of was enchanting. Kim Yongsun. And at this very moment, Moonbyul had one choice within three:

1) She could ask if the girl would like a ride under her umbrella togo to the economics department; 2) Or perhaps ask her out for a coffee date because well .. academic life makes you take coffeein order to keep you both awake and alive; 3) Or forget this all and go straight to class (however any option that had "straight" on it didn't sounded like her choice).

It took Moonbyul 2 full minutes to try to calm herself and gather up a courage (that she was surprised that she actually had) and finally approach the honey brown haired girl. Her initial cue to make Yongsun notice her, was to open the umbrella and lean by her side. She didn’t knew how to actually start a conversation, but decided something like ‘’hey we’re from the same class’’ which came out before she could process if it was ok for her to say, and just blurted out.

This earned a surprised glare from Yongsun, who was sure she was alone at the dorm entrance, and soon showed a relieved smile to see a familiar face. And with and umbrella.

One thing that Yonsung was proud of, was her ability to remember a face and connect it to a name. And she was sure the slim tall girl with the bunny treats and long hair was Moonbyul. She was always walking along that funny weird chick from the music department that Wheein couldn't stop talking about. Hyejin (?)

''Yes..my friend likes your friend'' Moonbyul didn't actually heard due the heavy rain but nodded with a confusing look. The funny thing about Moonbyul is that when someone she likes say something (when i say something it actually means anything) she can't stop smiling. And now she couldn't stop this freezing smile and was a mix of a half odd smile and only her front teeths were out, and there were dimples forming on her cheeks.

However, Yongsun was finding it cute. 

''The rain came heavy hm?'' ''Was not expecting'' Moonbyul was actually but hmm she might as well just follow along and agree, since talking isn't her thing and she was grateful that Yongsun seemed to be willing to talk. But now they was this awkward moment where they run out of words and were just looking at each other. It wasn't bad, the sound of the rain was reassuring, but of course one time one of them would have to move somehow. To somewhere. Their lesson was about to start in 10 minutes anyways. And Moonbyul was letting her chance slip out of her numb hands.

She couldn't even open , or even look at Yongsun without shifting her gaze to the other girl's lips and chin bc well.. they were quite close right now and Moonbyul couldn't focus specially when it came to Yongsun.Who was sure clueless about Moonbyul's feelings but was also distracted about her lips somehow.

''You have something..'' and a tiny small hand reached out to remove a strand of hair "glued" on the other girl's lips. Moonbyul took a mental note to bless god for lipsticks. She wasn't used to contact like this and somehow Yongsun seemed so..warm. It was rainy and freezy but, Moonbyul could vividly recollect the brush of those tiny soft fingers on her lips. Warmth. On her wholeface and ears..probably even on her cheeks now but..she wasn't caring right now, she didn't had time anymore.

Also didn't even thought straight while caughting the girl's hand and mumbeled a few words that didn't even formed a proper sentence.. something among the lines "coffee go with you nice hmm" and pointed at a shop across campus. 

Yongsun thought it was funny but since Moonbyul was shaking and her hands were hella cold, she could tell the girl was trying to speak and peharps nervous (?) so laughing wouldn't be a polite reaction right now, but she tried to understand at least. She was good at mimic playing afterall.

"Do you want to have coffee?" Yongsun was trying while Moonbyul literally felt like dying in embarrassment. She wanted to cave a hole at this very moment and never get out of it, abort the plan, let go off Yongsun warm hand and dissapear. 

First impressions were always this bad? Or it was just she?

But as the other one was squeezing her hand softly, passing a thumb across it, giving her circle moviments..it felt good. She could try breathing at that pace. In and out, out and in. you're in control.

"You hmm..let's stay like this ok?" Yongsun squeezed her hand once again, trying to get a response. She was confused afterall, and concerned... Moonbyul wanted to lift her head but couldn't face the girl, she was feeling like . How could such little things affect her so much? Maybe that's why she couldn't talk with people. Or randomly ask someone she likes for coffee without get like this again. In and out, this will pass. Again. In and out

Froze in place, head down, cold hands and nose and having again breathing issues, sensing the panic coming in. It was rather pathetic and honestly the only though she was having was about how stupid she was acting right now in front of Yongsun. 

"God, your hands are freezing..let's walk a bit...Can you walk?" no response. "Do you want to sit?" Yongsun was starting to really be really concearned ..Was the girl ok? Could she get a vocal feedback? Should she take her back to her dorm or? 

Everything was so intense and rushy, she just carried the girl by her hand inside the building, until the 2nd floor, stopping right at her own door. Did she still had coffee? 

     ___________________________________________________________

A/N:  Hello there!! I was planning on making this a oneshot, but honestly, maybe i'll do a 3 chapthers thing or 2 (( still domt know)) so i hope you guys like it!!

Im sorry if it took me too long to update, I was kinda insecure abt the story since i don't have a lot of writing experience and english isn't my 1st language so i just went full emo, but thank you all for subscribing ❤ww❤  

I'll be uploading the next chapther this weekend or early next week, if you guys wanna talk hmu at twitter 

xxx