Final

Surprise

12 April 2015

 

Yuri

[Incoming Call: My J]

                “Hello,”

                “Hi, Yuri,” the voice from the other line greeted, made the tan girl smiled upon hearing the caller voice. She misses to hear that voice, as now they barely get the chance to meet.

                “Well hello there, such a surprise you call me.”

                Yuri can feel that the other woman pouted over the phone, “Why does it sounds you don’t like it?

                “Who said that?”

                “Me.

                Yuri rolled her eyes.

                “You just rolled your eyes.

                “Oh really?” Yuri dared as a playful grin crept on her face, “You’re not here, how could you be so sure?”

                She heard a giggle from the other line, “And now you’re grinning like a stupid kid.

                Yuri held out her phone for a second, darting her eyes around the cafe before bringing back the phone to her ear, “Are you spying on me?”

                “You’re not that stupid. Cut the act,”

                “Hey, I’m just joking around,” Yuri commented, “We could barely meet each other, what’s wrong with being a dork for a while?”

                The other woman sighed, “Yeah,” another sigh, “I miss you.

                “I miss you more.”

                “No, I miss you more.”

                “I’m betting over Sooyoung’s food budget that I, Kwon Yuri, miss you more.”

                “I’m the one who left more often so obviously I’m the one who miss you more.

                “Liar. You know I miss you more,” Yuri let out a little laugh. Jessica clicked her tongue, doesn’t want to lose in this ‘miss you more’ battle.

                “Stop arguing with me, I’m the one who miss you more.

                Yuri chuckled at the childish request, “Fine, I’ll stop.”

                “Don’t stop, I was joking,” Jessica replied with a playful tone.

                “You’re the one who told me to stop.”

                “Oh now, it’s like, you’re complying my word?

                “Your wish is my command,” Yuri joked.

                “Really?” the tone sounded serious, but Yuri decided to shrug it off.

                “Suuure, my princess.”

                There was a silence for a while. The tan woman knew that the line still connected, as she could hear the breath from the other line. “Hello,” she called off, “Jessica? Are you still there?”

                “Y-yeah,” the other woman replied, “Umm, Yuri?

                “Hmm?”

                “Can you,” Yuri could feel the older woman hesitanting, “Can you come over then at my birthday?

                Well, this topic came again, for the fifth time. Yuri pressed her lips into thin line as she inhale a large amount of air—Jessica should knew better, it’s not that Yuri didn’t want to come; it’s that her schedule were very tight on that particular day. She has said that to the other woman before and yeah Jessica practically ignored her for three days, but eventually the latter said she understands. Although, Yuri knew Jessica would for sure forced her to meet at that meaningful day.

                “Sica-ah,” she started gently, “We’ve spoke about this before, and I apologi—“

                Yuri was cut with a bitter laugh from the other line, and she cringed at the sound. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked you about that again.

                “Look Sica, I’m sorry, I really do. I wanna be there but—“

                “I understand, Yuri. It was silly of me.” But Yuri knows for sure Jessica is faking it all.

                “It’s just...my birthday,” Jessica whispered faintly.

                “I’ll make it up to you—“

                “No, there’s no need,” Jessica cuts Yuri for the third time, “There’s no need to.

                “Sica...”

                “Um, hey, uh, I-I gotta go now. There’s a meeting upcoming. Bye bye,” and the line ended even before Yuri could say a word. Yuri was dumbfounded for a while, then after everything registered in her head she slumps her body over the chair and stare at the ceiling. Jessica didn’t even say ‘I love you’ before hanging up, she usually said that and it’s mostly Yuri who hung up first since the older woman is presistant to keep on the phone. Jessica is obviously still not over the fact that Yuri couldn’t spare a time to meet her in her birthday.

                She brought back her gaze to her phone, fumbling it for a while then typed something on it:

 

[To: My J]

[13:01] Bye bye, don’t force yourself to much, I love you.

 


 

13 April 2015

 

Yuri

                The first thing Yuri did after she wakes up is to check her phone. Yet she frowned, staring intensely at one particular message, the one that she sent.

                She sometimes hates how stubborn Jessica could be when she’s angry. It has been a day and there’s no sign of a reply message from the older woman—which means Jessica decided to give Yuri a silent treatment, again. No morning text. Yuri huffed as she pressed over the dialing button, calling the current number that displayed on her phone screen.

                There’s a dialing tone for a while before a sleepy voice answered, “H-hello,” and the tan woman smiled, picturing a sleepy Jessica Jung answering her phone while rubbing her eyes.

                “Good moring,” Yuri greeted, leaned her back towards the head board.

                “Who is this?

                “Doesn’t your id caller tell you that?”

                “I’m still sleepy, wait a sec,” she heard a shuffle, indicating that she’s checking over her phone screen to look at the id caller, “Oh, Yuri.

                “You don’t reconize my voice?”

                There’s a yawn, “I’m sleepy, Yuri-ah. You can call me later. Bye.

                Yuri blinked once, twice. Jessica just ended her phone call in three seconds. She merely spoken three lines and Jessica ended it. Just like that.

                “What the...Jessica Jung!” she yelled at her phone, and attempting to call the older woman once again.

                But she got no response.

                Jessica didn’t answer her call.

                Yuri sighed wearily; it seems no ‘I love you’ for today. Its okay, Yuri knows that Jessica loves her, and yep, no ‘I love you’ doesn’t mean Jessica has stop loving her. It’s just that she got no mood booster for today. She looked at her phone and composed a message:

 

[To: My J]

Hope I don’t disturb your beauty sleep. Have a nice morning and I love you!

               

                Well, at least Jessica got a mood booster.

 


 

14 April 2015

 

Jessica

                Her phone has been buzzing since morning. 21 missed call and 14 unread messages, from one person: Kwon Yuri. Jessica pitied her girlfriend and she missed her badly, but she won’t give up until Yuri grants her wish to meet her at her birthday. Jessica knew it was childish, yet she could care less; it’s for her birthday anyway and it’s not like on every year she acts like this—it’s actually the first time she’s being all whinny and childish at Yuri for her birthday. Something such as Yuri couldn’t meet her at her birthday has ocured before, and that was the time where she could meet the tan woman almost everyday.

                She opened the messages.

 

[From: Yuri]

[07:15] Good morning Sica! Have a lovely day~ don’t forget to get breakfast.

[09:00] Hey, I’m off to my schedules. What are you doing?

[09:21] Could you please answer my call? I wanna hear your voice before I start working, I miss you...

[09:23] I think you’re busy, I’ll call you later!

[12:35] Have you taken your lunch?

[13:55] I feel so lethargic, I think I got a caffein crash. The PD brought me a coffee.

[13:56] What are you doing anyway?

[13:59] Sica, answer my call pretty please?

[14:00] I’m assuming you’re taking a nap.

[16:15] You still mad, aren’t you?

[16:15] I said I’m sorry...ugh, fine.

[16:39] I know you miss me, just answer the phone.

[16:40] You’re torturing yourself, you know? I know you wanna hear my voice, don’t lie to your heart. Hehe.

[17:10] Okay fine if you don’t want to reply nor answer my calls, you have the right to be mad.  I’ll stop bugging you so that you could miss me more.

               

                Jessica clicked her tongue as she finished reading the messages. No, she’s not denying the fact that she misses Yuri—she really wanted to hear that husky voice of her girlfriend. Jessica thought that she only making things worse, but her innerself told her that, Jessica, you need to maintain your pride, don’t lose easily to that stupid dork. But then, what is pride when it’s risking your relationship?

                “No,” Jessica shook her head, “I love Yuri and I want her to meet me and that’s the form of love.”

                “Why are you mumbling to yourself, unnie?” Krystal asked suddenly—she forgot her sister is sitting in front of her the entire time.

                “I’m mumbling?”

                “I catch something said ‘I love Yuri and I want her to meet me and that’s the form of love’,” Krystal quoted Jessica’s word, “What kind of logic is that?”

                “Umm...love logic?”

                “Unnie, you’re being ridiculous.”

                Jessica shrugged, “I don’t think I am.”

                “Anyway,” Krystal ignored her sister stupidness—Yuri’s stupidness apparently had infected Jessica, “I saw Yuri-unnie at the company today and she’s been asking a lot of question about ‘How is Jessica’, and also asking me why you won’t answer her calls and told me to tell you that she miss you soooooo much,” Krystal leaned forward, “Are you silent treatment her again?”

                “She deserves it,” Jessica answered with a scoff.

                “Oh Jess, spare her,” Krystal pleaded, “I can’t stand to meet her everyday just to hear her asking about you again and again. Beside this happened before—heck, a week ago.”

                “But it’s just a day,” a pout formed on Jessica’s lips, “Spare a couple of hours also fine. I just wanna see her in that particular day.”

                “You’re not some teenager in love again.”

                “I know.”

                “So what’s the big deal?” Krystal raised her hand dramatically. Well, Krystal got the point, but Krystal doesn’t understand.

                “Ugh, never mind. You don’t get it,” Jessica slumped on the sofa and played with her phone. She won’t change her mind just because Krystal put some sense into it.

                “She will keep on bugging me and follows me around, Unnie! I’m the one who suffers!”

                “Ignore her! Or avoid her! Hide in the toilet like you use to do in trainee days.”

                “She’s my sunbae, unnie,” Krystal glared at her sister, “I can’t avoid her that easy.”

                “And she’s also my grilfriend.”

                “Which only make it worse. It sounded like she’s my sister-in-law, and that’s way worse.”

                Jessica almost chocked, “S-sister-in-law?”

                Krystal rolled her eyes, “You guys have been dating for years, why not?”

                “Talking to you apparently only makes everything looks difficult, I’m outta here,” Jessica stood and leave to her room, because Krystal words affected her and she don’t want that.

                The time she’s on her bed she heard her phone buzzed.

 

[From: Yuri]

[23:11] Now I know I promised‘ll stop bugging you but this is the last time: Good night, have a sweet dream, I love you Jessica Jung :*****

 

                And Jessica huffed in annoyance as she felt her heart warmed at the message. It’s indeed a good night for her.

 


 

17 April 2015

 

Jessica

 

                Jessica thought Yuri was joking but the younger woman fulfilled her promise. There’s no text from the latter in three days, no phone calls, nothing—even Krystal said Yuri didn’t even spoke a word to her the time they crossed each other. It saddens Jessica, nevertheless she keep on being stuborn by also not sending any messages or phone calls. She doesn’t know since when this becomes a competition between her and Yuri but she determined not to lose. She can’t lose; she’s the one who started it. She wanted her knight-in-shinning-armor to bow down at her and make her happy in her birthday.

                But what if Yuri was angry too, and Yuri decided to also ignore Jessica—so her goal to meet Yuri at her birthday failed? What if then Yuri decided it’s enough and silent treats Jessica back? And it hits Jessica hard. She’s plain stupid. Her action was a complete lead to disaster.

                She abruptly took her phone out her pocket and dialed Yuri in a matter of second, her expression was tensed and she gulped as the dial tone was heard. But no one answered, and she’s getting worried.

               

[To: Yuri]

[18:29] I hate to admitted it but I’m wrong and I’m so reckless and stupid for silent treats you. I love you, you know right?

 

                She sent it and waited a few minutes, checking her phone every second. Yuri didn’t reply her message. Jessica bit her lips and her eyes stung, she composed another message.

               

[To: Yuri]

[18:31] Please forgive me.

[18:31] What I did was wrong, I’m sorry. 520.

[18:33] Yuri please reply, I know you read my message.

[18:34] Yah, Kwon Yuri.

[18:37] I’m in the verge of crying.

[18:40] Yuri...

 

                There’s no sign of Yuri reading it or replying it. Jessica suddenly felt broken, and her eyes starting to get watery. Yuri is mad and it’ll be hard to make it up to the younger woman. Jessica knew it was her fault—she doesn’t want to understand Yuri’s situasion and now she need to face the possibilities of Yuri giving up upon her.

                No she don’t want to break up just because of a simple thing—heck she don’t want to break up with Yuri in any reason—not to mention tomorrow is her birthday.

                Jessica curled up on her bed, staring at her messages and tears started to fall. She loves Yuri so much and thinking about Yuri asked her to break up was too much for her to handle. It was very hard the time she was kicked out of the group—aside from separating with her seven sisters; she can’t see her girlfriend as often like when she’s still in the group.

                 And now she might not see Yuri forever. Her tears stormed rapidly, wetting her pilow and she’s sobbing badly. She composed another message:

               

[To: Yuri]

[19:00] I hope you won’t leave me, I love you.

 

                And she fell asleep.

 


 

18 April 2015

 

Yuri

                Yuri was so happy yesterday when she recevied a call from her girlfriend—yep, Jessica obviously couldn’t bear if Yuri was the one who does the silent treatment. Fortunately she manage to hold herself not to answer it—and also manage not to call the older woman back the time she saw Jessica’s text messages to her. It was pretty shocking, and it took all of her willpower to ignore the scrunching feeling in her chest the time she saw Jessica last message to her.

                She still doesn’t have enough time in her hetic schedule—but, sacrificing her sleep won’t hurt, right? Besides, she also wanted to meet Jessica. Yuri was very thankful at Krystal, she’s been helping Yuri, and she’s currently helping Yuri to sneak into the Jung’s house, the watch in her wrist showed the exact time: 2:21 a.m. Krystal had opened the front door for her.

                “Thank you,” Yuri whispered as she pressed her palms together, “Where is she?”

                Krystal smiled, “She’s upstair, in her room,” the latter motion with her thumb, “And she’s been crying to sleep.”

                “What?!”

                “Shhhh,” Krystal shushed her, “Don’t make to many noises. Just go upstairs.”

                “Okay, okay.”

                Yuri went upstairs alone—she’s definitly had memorized the inside of the house like her own house now, and slowly opened Jessica’s door room and tiptoed till she reached the side’s of Jessica’s bed. Gladly Krystal didn’t turn off the lights. She smiled as she watched her girlfriend sleeping with her shoulders rising up and down calmly, a phone on her left hand, yet her expression turned into a scowl the time she saw the tears stain on the brunette’s cheeks. Yuri sat at some blank space near Jessica’s stomach, slowly removed the phone on Jessica’s hand and engulfed the hand with hers, its back with her thumb gently.

                She heard a sigh from Jessica.

                “Sica,” she coed, the other woman’s hair with her free hand. But Jessica didn’t budge—she merely snuggeled closer into Yuri’s hand on her head. Yuri chuckled upon the reaction.

                “Hey birthday girl, wake up,” Yuri spoke once again, this time leaving a peck on Jessica’s cheek. The latter eyes fluttered open, and the time she finished adjusting her eyes with the light, Jessica gasped in surprised as she saw the face of her girlfriend.

                “Happy birthday Jessica Jung,” Yuri congratulated with a wide smile. Jessica immediately tackled Yuri with a hug, the younger girl let out a laugh as she hugged back.

                “Yuri, Yuri, Yuri,” Jessica tightened the hug, “I’m sorry, I was wrong.”

                “Hey,” Yuri broke the hug, but still holding on the brunette’s hands, “Its okay. I’m not mad okay. I was going to surprise you,” she brought one hand to cupped Jessica’s cheek and sooth the older girl, “I thought it’ll be fun if I show up in the middle of the night and wake you up. Although I need to think twice since you always throw tantrum if someone disturbs your beauty sleep.”

                Jessica merely stared Yuri with a doubtful expression, tears forming back again on her eyes and Yuri panicked at the sight, “Babe, don’t cry, I’m already here.”

                “Y-you won’t leave me, right?”

                Now that’s a silly question, Yuri mused. She captured Jessica’s lips with her, giving her a chaste kiss before leaning out and pecked on her forehead, “No, I won’t leave you. Why would I leave you when all I wanted to do is to see you?”

                Jessica gave her a shy smile, “I thought you’re mad at me because I was mad at you.”

                “Silly,” Yuri pecked Jessica on the lips, “I misses you too much, I’m not capable to stay mad at you,” she shifted to the other side of the bed and laid down before Jessica into her embrace, “I miss you so much.”

                “I miss you too,” Jessica giggled as she snuggles closer to Yuri, “Thanks for coming.”

                Yuri sighed, “You deserve it. It’s your birthday anyway.”

                “Do you wanna sleep or talk?”

                “Sleep,” Yuri rested her chin on the brunette’s head and close her eyes, “I’m so tired and I just wanna sleep in your embrace.”

                “I’m the one in your embrace,” Jessica stated.

                “Shut up. Now let’s sleep.”

                “I’m a lucky woman. I love you, Yuri,” Yuri felt a movement and right after that she felt a peck on the edge of her lips. Yuri smiled, she opened her eyes one more time just to look at Jessica, “I love you too, Sica.”

                Yep, sacrificing her sleep won’t hurt her—Yuri could care less if tomorrow she’s extremely tired, all that matters was what currently she’s getting, a hug to her sleep and ‘I love you’ from the girl she treasured much. At least she’s getting a sweet sleep.

 


 

Hello, fellas!

It's my first post ever, muahaha. I'm sorry if there's any mistakes, I'm kinda tired to check the story (I'm lack of sleep, ehehe).

I know this is late, but someone encourage me to post it, so I did. Thanks anyway, you know who you are, ahaha /send flowers/ /send ice creams/ /smiles smiles smiles/

And I hope it could cure your Yulsic hearts, dear readers.

Please do comment, I wanna know what do you think about it. Thanks for reading!