1/1

He Who Won't Give Up, She Who Won't Break Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys! I'd like to apologize in advance if this one-shot fic didn't meet your expectation!!!

 

“Hayi-ah! Hayi! Lee Hayi!” Hanbin shouted excitedly as he ran towards his girlfriend who was waiting for him under the tree behind the library. “Lee Hayi!”

“Wae?” She whined and giggled before opening her arms widely, waiting for him. “Why are you so excited, Kim Hanbin?”

“I pass!” He ran into her arms and twirled her around. “I pass YG audition!”

“Jinjja?” She exclaimed as she smiled. “Chukkahae!”

“I can’t believe that!” He grinned widely and planted several kisses on her face. “Hayi-ah! I can’t believe that!”

“Sit down first!” She took the envelope from his hand and sat down on the bench. “Here!” She tapped the empty space beside her. “I’m so happy for you, dorky!” She ruffled his hair before reading the paper.

“What did it say?” He asked, pointing to the paper as he noticed she’s quiet. “What’s wrong? Hayi-ah!” Lee Hayi!”

“Nothing!” She shook her head and smiled as she handed the paper to him before resting her head on his shoulder.

“Train for 2 years in the U.S?” He exclaimed, shocked. “What?”

“What do you think?” She mumbled carefully. “I won’t stop you achieving your dream, Hanbin-ah!”

“But I can’t leave you too!” He wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

“Hanbin-ah!” She cupped his face and gave him a small smile. “Go! It’s your dream. I know how much you love music, so fulfil your dream because this is one rare opportunity!”

“Hayi-ah!”

“We don’t have to break up!” She pecked his lips. “Long distance relationship is okay to me if it’s you!”

“I’m sorry!” He hugged her and patted her head. “I won’t apply for it if I know the condition in the first place! I won’t give up on you too!” He tightened his hug.  “I’ll come back safe and sound! Wait for me!”

“I’ll wait for you, Kim Hanbin! No matter how long I have to wait, I’m willing to if it’s for you!”

“Gomawo, Hayi-ah!” He kissed the top of her head. “I love you!”

“I love you too, Kim Hanbin!”

“Yah! Kim Hanbin! Are you sure you’re going?” Jiwon, his best friend, asked as he watched the latter packed his clothes. “Are you really leave her behind?”

“Umm!” Hanbin nodded. “We talked about it and she agreed. I know it’s hard for her, but it’s one step to my dream.”

“Do you think long distance relationship is easy?” Jiwon asked. “Soohyun and I had a hard time before she moved back to Korea. It will hard for her!”

“I have no choice!” Hanbin sighed and lied on the floor beside his luggage. “I can’t give up on my dream. Most of all, I can’t give up on her!”

“Then good luck, dude!” He kicked the latter’s leg. “Work hard and come back safely!”

“Gomawo, dude!”

“Are you going to be okay?” Soohyun asked as she watched Hayi covered herself with the blanket and stared at the photo of her and Hanbin that was on her phone’s wallpaper. “Lee Hayi!”

“I try to be okay!” Hayi mumbled. “He has to achieve his dream. I don’t want to be in his way. Long distance relationship is okay to me if it’s Hanbin!”

“It’s not easy!” Soohyun replied. “Being far from each other make you feel insecure and started to doubt each other.”

Hayi didn’t reply, but she started to think about Soohyun’s words.

What if Hanbin cheat on her?

What if his love for her fade away?

What if he focus on his job that he forget her?

What if he find another girl that is way better than her?

“I and Jiwon had a really hard time when I was in Mongolia!” The latter added. “I actually doubt whether he cheated on me or not! I’m saying this doesn’t mean I want you to doubt him!”

“Don’t you said relationship is all about trust?” Hayi asked and turned around to face her. “But you doubt him.”

“If you are far away from each other, you can’t help, but feeling insecure!” Soohyun replied. “I don’t want you to think a lot, but this is all from my experience.”

“Why do he have to train in the U.S?” She sighed. “Don’t YG have a Korean branch?”

“How can I know?” Soohyun scoffed. “I’m not a YG stan!”

“Sleep here tonight!” Hayi poked her arm. “Accompany me to the airport tomorrow!”

“Arraseo!” Soohyun nodded. “I’ll call Chanhyuk oppa to bring my clothes!”

“Gomawo!”

“You don’t have to go, you know?” Soohyun said. “I can just tell Hanbin that you’re sick.”

“Ani!” Hayi shook her head and stood up from her seat. “I’ll go. That’s the least I can do for him!”

“Are you going to be okay?” Soohyun asked again, worriedly. “You’re sure you can manage it?” She gave the latter a weak nod before leading the way.

“I’m okay!” She said sternly. “Even if I’m not, I’ll try to, for his sake!”

The thing that he hated the most is to part with his girlfriend. Hanbin intertwined their fingers tightly without saying anything because he knew at times like that, she only needed silence treatment.

She rested her head on his shoulder and tried to hold back her tear. She then took out her phone and looked at him.

“Let’s take a selca!” She suggested. “I want to remember my last moment with you! We will not seeing each other for 2 years.”

“Are you going to be okay?” He asked carefully. “Hayi-ah! Mianhe!”

“There’s nothing to be sorry about!” She put on a smile, trying to be as natural as she can. “Say Kimchi!”

 

CLICK!

 

She looked at the photo that they just took when suddenly the tear that she had held for a while streamed down. She hung her head low, letting her hair hid her face especially her tear, but that didn’t escape his eyes.

He embraced her tightly. She sneaked her arms around his body, buried her face in his chest and started sobbing softly. He kept mumbling sorry into her ear and consoled her. Her body trembled as her sob became louder. He stared into the space, trying to hold back his tear.

“I don’t want to let you go!” She mumbled. “But I don’t want you to throw away the only chance to achieve your dream! Even if I have to be the one who hurt, I’m willing to, just for you!”

He’s about to reply when suddenly a voice cut him off.

“I hate to be a disturbance for this lovebird scene.” Jiwon spoke up. “But it’s time!”

“You ruined the mood, Kim Jiwon!” Soohyun scoffed and slapped his back. “Aigoo!”

“Is it really time?” Hayi asked, hiccupped as she wiped off her tear. “I wish time would just stop right here!”

“So, this is our goodbye?” Hanbin asked as he cupped her face. “I will miss you, Lee Hayi!”

“Don’t forget me, Kim Hanbin!” She squeezed his hands. He leaned in and captured her lips. Jiwon and Soohyun turned around, giving the couple their own space.

“I feel bad for Hayi!” Soohyun mumbled. “I know how that feel, long distance relationship!”

“But there’s nothing we can do about it!” Jiwon replied. “It’s a best chance for Hanbin! We all know how much he wants to be a rapper. I’m sure Hayi knows about it the best. This might be the reason why she’s willing to hurt herself by letting him achieve his dream.”

“Aigoo! I feel bad for Hayi!"

 

 

“ATTENTION FLIGHT KR094, PLEASE NOW ENTER THE GATE 21. WE WILL BE TAKEN OFF IN THE NEXT 15 MINUTES! THANK YOU!”

 

Hayi looked at her boyfriend and wore a small smile before she pecked on his lips.

“Take care of yourself! Eat well and don’t work too hard!” She hugged him for the last time. “Email me often! I love you!”

“You have to take care of yourself too!” Hanbin patted her head. “I’ll contact you often! You know I love you, right?” She nodded and patted his shoulders, fixing his shirt. “Take care of Hayi for me, Soohyun-ah!” He then turned to Jiwon. “Dumber! When I’m not here, take care of everyone!”

“I know!” The small eyes couple nodded. “Take care of yourself, dorky!” Hanbin gave them a nod with a smile.

“I’ll be back in 2 years! Wait for me!” Hanbin held her hands and squeezed it tightly. “I love you, Lee Hayi!”

“I love you too, Kim Hanbin!”

Hanbin gripped on his luggage and walked towards the gate without looking back since he’s afraid he might not be able to control his tear. Handing the passport for the airport’s staff to check, he just headed straight to the field where the plane was at.

 

Meanwhile, Hayi fell on the ground and cried her eyes out. Soohyun hugged her tightly to comfort her. Jiwon just sighed since he didn’t know how to comfort other woman beside his mother and Soohyun.

“Don’t cry, Hayi!” Soohyun consoled her. “He’ll be back in 2 years. It will pass in a blink of eye.”

“You have to be happy for him.” Jiwon added. “Don’t you guys want him to fulfill his only dream?”

“I don’t want to cry!” Hayi hiccupped. “But I can’t help it. I tried my best to hold my tear, but I can’t.”

 

Kim Hanbin, you can’t forget me. If you do, I’m going to kill you!

5 Years Later…

 

“And the Best Rapper of The Year Award goes to…” The MC announced. “BBBBB.IIIII!!”

“Album of the Year…B.I!”

“Song of the Year… Wait for me by B.I!”

“Artist of the Year…B.I!”

“Best Solo Performance …B.I!”

 

Hayi clapped like a seal every times the MC announced Hanbin’s award. It’s been 5 years, but he’s still not come back. However, she’s not completely upset, seeing how he became a world renowned rapper under the name B.I.

“I miss you, Kim Hanbin!” She yelled to the TV screen. “When will you come back?”

 

After the show ended, as usual, she checked her email to see whether there’s an email from him or not. But there’s none. The first 3 months, he never failed to send her email every single day. However, the email decreased day by day until there’s none and it drove her crazy.

She heard about him only through the article. Even Soohyun and Jiwon heard nothing about Hanbin after he went to the U.S. Even if she wants to contact, she didn’t know how to.

“Where are you, Kim Hanbin?” She sighed and lied on he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter