Chapter 4

Crossroads

Jungmin made his way into the meeting room for an impromptu meeting arranged by his dad reluctantly and
silently wished that there wouldn't be any major issue coming his way. He was scanning through the room of
foreign faces when he saw someone familiar seated among them...

 

Jungmin's POV
Why do I have a bad feeling about this... Last minute meetings never bring good news...

 

He stared in disbelieve as his father announced a change in several positions and introduced his new secretary,
who was none other than the girl he met the other day.

 

“Kim Na Eun… don’t tell me this is the arrangement of your parents”

 

He said after they were finally left alone in the room.
He had barely gotten himself out of the previous situation and now it seems she’s here to stay for good.

 

“I’ll work hard!”

 

Na Eun bowed in response to his question, which left him speechless and at a loss over what to do with
this seemingly harmless yet persistent girl, who happened to be the cousin of one of his best friends.

 

Jungmin's POV
Now what? Are they going to force me to marry her after this? Andwae…
This girl… aish!

 

---

 

“Do you really have to go to this extent…”

 

Young Saeng muttered under his breath when he saw the mini dart board Hara had created out of
his face on her desk and scanned through the scribblings on it.

 

“Mwoh? Arrogant jerk? Fat ? Hamster? Hope you choke from stuffing too much food?
To think I wanted to be nice for once… Shim Hara…”

 

Hara had fallen sick from getting wet in the rain the night before and though Young Saeng declined
Kyu Jong’s invitation to visit her at home, he headed to a nearby pharmacy to get some vitamins.
He left the office in a fit of frustration, completely forgetting about his original plan to leave the bottle
of vitamins on her desk. 

 

“You look troubled”

“Do I?”

“You’re drinking more than usual”

 

Kyu Jong said and pointed out to the bottle of soju Young Saeng was pouring.

 

“Girl problems?”

“How can there be any when there’s none in my life”

“Hara’s quite a cute girl. But she doesn’t seem to like you though”

 

Young Saeng's POV
Of course she doesn’t like me… after our disastrous first meeting…
And I'm not going to get myself involved with a girl again

 

---

 

"Mr Lee from GM Group has called to cancel the lunch meeting today, when do you want it to be rescheduled?
Your next available date will be next Tuesday"

"Will he be able to make it this week? Reschedule my appointments if necessary"

"De, I'll make the necessary rearrangements. Since the meeting is cancelled... can we have lunch together today?"

 

Jungmin's POV
Seriously, what do I do with this girl…

 

There wasn't much about Na Eun for Jungmin to pick about since she assumed her duties as his secretary. 
Except that she'd make use of every opportunity to request a meal with him.
He just wasn't use to girls being so direct.

 

"I... guess that's a no? Do you need your lunch packed?

"What do you want for lunch?"

"…"

"Do you like Japanese food? Or would you prefer to have… Italian, Chinese? You have until lunch time to decide"

 

---

 

Hara made her way into Young Saeng's office unwillingly after receiving his call over the intercom. 
After barely recovering from the bad flu the last thing she'd want is to be ordered around by him again.

 

Hara's POV
Heo Young Saeng you better not make me do anything funny again else…
Yah pabo Hara… there's nothing else you can do

 

"Are you feeling better?"

"De…"

 

Those words from him were certainly unexpected and Hara was further surprised when Young Saeng
held out a bottle of vitamins to her...

 

"Take these… you need to keep yourself healthy"

"Did you add anything in?"

"Yah… instead of being thankful you…"

 

Young Saeng's POV
I'm just trying to be nice yet… how do I communicate with her?

 

"Komawo, I'll take them regularly. Is there… anything else?"

"These are some files from last week's shoot that need a bit of touch up.
I want… please get them ready by the end of this week"

 

Subconsciously, he rephrased his words as he handed a thumb drive over to her, and it left Hara
feeling confused over his sudden change of attitude.

 

"Omo… he gave those to you? We thought he was gay"

"Mwoh?! How can he..."

 

Hara held back her words as she responded to her colleague Ji Won's remark.

 

"Why do you think he's… gay? Just look at the way he flirts with the models…"

"Yeah but he never gets close with any of them. Instead he's always with Kyu Jong.
I heard he's never had a girlfriend..."

 

Hara's POV
Yeah right… that's totally impossible. Where did they even get that idea from?
Him and Kyu Jong oppa? They really should spend less time together during and after work keke

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

more new readers! thankyu!
i edited the previous chapters a bit, added POVs cos I thought they'd help explain better :)
just curious... those reading... are u a triple s? young saeng bias? jungmin bias? keke
those who're wondering where are the other guys, don't worry they'll be coming up when the time is right :D

love,
joelle