final

Complicated

It was just another day. Another day at school. Another day staring at my crush from afar. Another day of feeling like . 

At least, that's what I thought. 

As I walk onto school property, I glare at the huge red building in front of me. 

I sigh. 

Just then, someone comes up from behind me, pouncing on me. A sharp grunt emits from my lips as I land on the ground. I turn to my side to see none other than Kim Taehyung. 

"Why so blue?", he asks as he helps me up. 

I couldn't help it. A smile paints itself onto my face. In all honesty, I had not talked to Taehyung in a month. He was preoccupied with his new girlfriend who insisted that I was in love with Taehyung. I guess she wasn't wrong about that. 

Removing all thoughts from my mind, I tackle him into a bear hug. For some reason, it feels strange. He felt taller, stronger, and warmer. My hopeless crush on Kim Taehyung never failed to amuse me. I don't know why or how it happened. It just did. I had a crush on my best friend. Taehyung knows I love him. He doesn't know that I like him. Oh well, the difference is hard to tell I guess. 

He nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck. 

"I missed you.", he states rather simply. 

I suddenly push him off. I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"I didn't miss you. Without you around, Jimin is all mine." 

On cue, the said person pops up from behind us. He smirks, having heard what I said. Grabbing my wrist he pulls me, and we run away from an angry Taehyung. I was smiling, honest. However, the situation seemed so surreal. I was being pulled by someone as Taehyung chased after me. I guess this was when it hit me. This would never happen the way I want it to. I blink, crashing down back to Earth. 

It's been two years. I learned to move away from my crush. Sadly, the only way I could do that was to distance myself. Taehyung's girlfriend didn't like me anyway. She had the right to not like me. Surprisingly, I begun my relationship with Jimin. Jimin has always been charming to me. He knew of my crush. I warned him the day he asked me out. I told him that I wasn't completely over Taehyung. His response was enough to push me over the edge. 

"I don't care if I'm your rebound. I don't care. I just want to be with you." 

Somewhere along the line, I did fall for Jimin. It didn't take long. Little things such as his smile, the way he danced, or how he looked as he slept made me fall in love with him. 

On this particular Saturday evening, Jimin and I had spent the day together. He was tired. I had to admit that as individuals, Jimin had a lot more to do than I did. I let him sleep. He wanted me to sleep too, but I had work to do. He begged me to at least stay on the bed with him. I knew that if I did, I would have fallen asleep too. That is why I am in the kitchen. It was rather cold. I had Jimin's sweatshirt on with a clean pair of his boxers. My outfit was composed of Jimin's wardrobe.

It was raining at the moment. I was contemplating why I am qualified for this certain scholarship when I heard three knocks on the door. I looked through the peephole to see some familiar orange hair. I opened the door. 

Taehyung stood on the doorsteps, soaking wet. 

"Oh my god. What are you doing?" 

I ushered him inside, and although I was worried about his state of mentality, I was worried about how wet the floor was getting. I folded my arms, raising my right to bite on my thumb's nail. It was a habit. 

"What are you doing here? Wait, before you answer me, you have to change out of those clothes. I think Jimin has some spare clothes he left here." 

I was about to leave when he gently held onto my wrist. 

"What is it?" 

He finally looks at me. He looks horrible. 

"Can I ask you of something?" 

"Not until you change out of those clothes." 

I then left to the bedroom to get some clothes. Jimin's back was turned to me. I quickly grabbed some clothes of his and ran out of the room to give them to Taehyung. He obediently did what I ordered him to. While he was changing, I made some hot cocoa. He must have been cold. I wondered what was going through his mind right now. Why would he come to my apartment? 

"I'm done." 

I turned to him. He was dry, thankfully. 

"Sorry about the floor." 

I smile at him. "It's fine." 

"So what did you want to ask me?" 

"If Jimin ever cheated on you, would you get back together with him?" 

"I don't know. I can't picture him doing th-" 

"Hyeri cheated on me." 

I stared at his pitiful state. 

"What happened?" 

"Well, we haven't slept together yet. I don't know how she felt about that, but I caught her sleeping with another guy." 

"You poor thing. Did you guys, break up?" 

"No. I just stormed off. She said that it was a mistake, that it would never happen again." 

"You believe her?" 

He shrugged. 

"I don't know. I don't know a lot of things. All I know is that I want to do this." 

"Hey babe-" 

It all happened so fast. Taehyung grabbed my shoulders as he pushed me towards the kitchen counter. He forcefully attached his lips onto mine. My squeals were muffled. As soon as I managed to push him off, he flew to the ground. My hands flew up to my mouth. Jimin was on top of Taehyung, tearing away. I pushed Jimin off of him. Automatically, Jimin wrapped his arms around me. He glared at Taehyung. 

"What the do you think you're doing?", Jimin spits. 

I wriggle out of Jimin's embrace to kneel beside Taehyung. I slap him before helping him up. Rubbing my temples, I turn to Jimin. 

"I didn't k-" 

"I kissed her." 

We both stare at Taehyung. Jimin tenses. 

"I know. Now, I need you to get out of my face before I break your face." 

"Calm down." 

I reach for my phone, dialing Taehyung's brother's number. 

"Can you come pick up Taehyung at my place? It's raining outside, and I would let him stay. It's just that I can't today. Great. Thank you." 

I end the call. 

"He's going to pick you up in a bit. Right now, I need to talk to you." 

Jimin shoots a glare at me. I shoot him a look. He exhales.

"Sit tight.", I tell Taehyung.

I grab Jimin's arm, pulling him towards my bedroom. 

"I'm sorry." 

His eyes softens as he sits on the bed. I hover over him. 

"It isn't your fault. I saw what happened." 

"Still, I'm sorry." 

He seems hurt. I know what's going through his mind right now. He's scared I might leave him for Taehyung. I'm scared too, but I would never do that. 

I walk to my desk, getting a tissue. I kneel down in front of him as he hangs his head, his bangs covering his eyes. 

I lift his chin, and he looks at me. I smile at him before wiping the tissue over my lips. His eyes widen. After I did, I placed both of my hand on either side of his head. 

"I love you, Park Jimin." 

I place a kiss on his lips. He brings me closer. I didn't let it last long. I still had to take care of Taehyung. 

"What if he tries to kiss you again?" 

"He won't. You guys are best friends. Trust him, will you?" 

He stubbornly lays down on the bed as I grab the first aid kit on my way out. Taehyung is sitting, and I sit in the chair next to him. 

"What were you thinking?" 

He sighed. "I don't know. I just- I suddenly realized that you are probably one of the best human beings on Earth. I realized that I should have spent the last three years loving you, not her. I realized that I love you." 

I was about to place a bandaid on his cheek. I stopped. 

"You're just saying that because you're brokenhearted. You just need something to fill the void in your heart." 

"Can you be that something?" 

"No. I'm dating Jimin. You know that." 

"I know. I just want you so bad." 

I stood up from the chair after I was done attending to his wounds. I shook my head. 

A knock was heard at the door, and I scurried to go open it. It was Jin. 

"Hey. He's right there." 

"Come on. Let's go. Sorry for the inconvenience.", he apologized. 

"It's fine." 

Taehyung reluctantly followed his older brother. 

"Meet with me tomorrow morning. Please." 

I nodded, for some reason. Jin gave me an appreciative smile as he shut the door behind him. 

I turned around to come face to chest with Jimin. 

"You're really going to meet up with him?" 

"I need to sort things out. He clearly isn't in the right state of mind." 

"Do you not remember what is happening tomorrow? I'm leaving for Busan. You have a choice. Him or me?" 

"Jimin please. I'm not choosing either of you. I just need to talk to him." 

He scoffed. "Right. It's late. I'll be leaving now." 

I finally broke down once he left. A tear slid down the side of my face. 

Kim Taehyung, how could you do this to me? 

The next morning, I woke up to two texts. Both were from Taehyung. He told us to meet at an old park. I texted Jimin, telling him where I would be. He didn't reply. I quickly got ready, running out to the park. Taehyung was by the swings. 

"Tae." 

He turned around. "Hey.", he smiled. 

I felt uncomfortable under his gaze. It wasn't the same anymore. 

"So, what's up?" 

"I just, I need to talk to you." 

"About what?" 

"About us?" 

"What about us?" 

"I love you, and you love me. Why else would you be here?" 

"To work things out. Taehyung, you don't love me. At least not in that way." 

"I do. I know I do. I know that you once liked me." 

I laughed. "I once did. Look, you and I are never going to be together." 

"Why not?" 

"Because I am in love with Jimin. Yes, I may have loved you. Yes, it took me forever to get over you, but I'm over you. If you felt the way I did when I felt that way, we would be together. However, that isn't how things worked out because you and I were not meant to be. I love you Taehyung. I will just never love you that way. Besides, you're getting out of a breakup. Wait, you guys aren't even broken up. So before you come tearing my life apart, organize yours first. Stop being impulsive." 

"But I really do love you.." 

Tears were burning my eyes.

"Do you know how much pain you have caused me over the years?"  

He was going to reply, but I cut him off. 

"No, you don't. You never will. Please, I beg of you, if you really love me, get over me, so that you don't cause me any more pain. I'm sorry. I'm no longer the person who had this hopeless crush on you, and I will not continue to be." 

"I'm sorry.", was all he could say. 

Before I left him, I placed a kiss on his cheek. 

"Goodbye." 

With that, I left. 

I checked the time. I hoped Jimin didn't leave yet. When I got to the bus station, he was nowhere to be found. The buses would stop running in four hours, and there was only one bus to Busan, which was about to leave. 

I panicked. Would he really leave without saying goodbye first? 

I ran around the bus station, trying to find the bus Jimin was probably on. I didn't forget to buy a ticket. I passed by the many buses until I got to the one heading to Busan. I was breathless but so desperate to find him. I almost gave up when I saw a familiar SnapBack against the window. My eyes lit up. I ran towards the bus, shoving the ticket somewhere as I ran past the driver. I spotted Jimin. 

"Yah! Park Jimin!" 

He turned towards me. I stopped in my tracks as his adorable eyes widened. I was panting, still out of breath. 

I slowly walked towards him. Sitting in the seat next to him, I pouted. Tears slid out of my eyes. I hit him. 

"You made me run." 

"Why are you here?" 

"I'm here to go with my boyfriend to Busan." 

"What about Taehyung?" 

"I turned him down." 

"Oh.. Why?" 

"Because I'm in love with the man next to me, and I will always love that man." 

"What does that mea-" 

I cut him off with an awaiting kiss. He didn't question me this time as his arms s around my waist to pull me close to him. I placed my hands on his shoulders. We didn't care about what people were thinking of us at this moment. We just wanted to be with each other. He pulled away after the rather heated makeout session. 

"You picked me over your dream guy of four years?" 

"I was too blind to realize that it was always you." 

"I love you." 

"I love you, too. Oh my god, I just realized. You're crying."

 
He wiped away my tears. "I'm sorry baby."

I settled in my seat as our hands interlocked. I guess, it wasn't as surreal as it seemed. As Taehyung chased after me, Jimin pulled, and I ran with Jimin. I should have known then that it was always Jimin. I should have known that Jimin was the one I was waiting for. In a sense, we are all blind. I'm just happy to have seen what was in front of me now, a future with Jimin.