Longing

Espionage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 1996.

"I told you not to help your parents anymore! You swore the day you agreed to marry me that you'll stop!" a man shouted at his wife.

"But I can't help it! They're still my parents and you know how much I love them!" his wife replied.

"But this isn't right." he continued. "We agreed to forget our past and become insurance agents for our daughters... I tried my best, Seulhyun-ah."

"If you can't accept me and my past, then let's end this." 

"Be rational. This is not the time to be selfish and just think about yourself. We have children now."

"So I'm selfish? I can no longer live with a man who can't accept me for who I am." Seulhyun said.

"I love you. I always love you. I left the life I had just to be with you even if the world was against it. I did that. And I did not regret it... "

"You don't... But I do..." Seulhyun said looking directly into his husband's eyes. 

A deafening silence came afterwards. Not one of them managed to utter another word.

"Let's just call it a night. Let's talk again tomorrow. Good night." Seojoon said as he walked towards the guest room. "And always remember that I love you... very much... Bae Seulhyun."

"I need time to think things over." Seulhyun softly said that her husband could not hear her.

She entered their room and packed her bags. When she was ready to leave, she looked again at her angels as they slept peacefully in their crib.

"Umma is sorry... for making this decision." Seulhyun said as she wiped her tears away. "Remember that I love y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter