Final.

Crush

"… You probably don’t understand the situation. It is more difficult than trying to find out why the effect of an anti-neutrino or trying to understand about superconductivity. Sehun, I don't know why he doesn't notice me. I'm the perfection created by god. A dance prodigy, an undeniably attractive heart throb of the school and-"

 

"Jongin. If you are not shutting up in the next five seconds, I'll-"

 

"God. He's perfect."

 

Sehun rolled his eyes before following the gaze of Jongin's heart-shaped eyes to find a short, grumpy but adorable boy aka Do Kyungsoo. Sehun sighed. He just wishes that Jongin's wallow of self-pity will stop soon. His one and only best friend had been swooning over this guy who is not even 170 cm tall for months but Sehun enjoys seeing Jongin like this. Love-struck and dumb.

 

Not that Kyungsoo doesn't know the effect he has on Jongin.

 

It would be a lie to say Kyungsoo didn't notice how Jongin's stare follows him wherever he goes or how Jongin appears so 'coincidentally' at the school's gates when he's going home. Not to mention that he looked outside of his balcony and once found the boy right in front of his house. He was simply waiting for the day when Jongin would actually build up some courage to come and talk to him.

 

"How can I go talk to him?"

"Well, you can speak Korean but I heard he's rather fluent in English as well so-"

"Oh Sehun."

"What?"

"Stop being an and help me. I really need to get closer to him. Please?"

 

Jongin made a kicked puppy face and Sehun doesn't even thinks it's cute. It's just plain awkward and strange. Sehun facepalmed at the childlish antics of his friends before agreeing to help. Not because Jongin looks cute with that puppy face but he just doesn't want to see that disgusting look on his ugly face.

 

"So you wanna talk to him?"

"Yeah… But I don't know how to start a conversation so-"

"KYUNGSOO HYUNG!!!"

 

Sehun yelled right in front of everyone in the cafeteria and Kyungsoo's lips curved up into an amused smirk. Jongin panicked as Kyungsoo took small, calculated steps, taking his seat smoothly in front of the two. Kyungsoo flashed them a heart-shaped smile and Jongin thinks he's dying. Forget it. He IS dying. Sehun's face distorted as he tried not to laugh at Jongin's miserable condition: mouth gaping and drooling. Jongin coughed and sat up straight immediately, regaining his composure. Kyungsoo spoke,

 

"So, did you have to shout out my name?"

"I had to. My friend here, Jongin, wants to talk to you but he doesn't know how to start a conversation as he is a brainless and- Jongin, stop pinching me under the table."

 

Jongin threw Sehun a glare and the latter glared back, unfazed. Kyungsoo chuckled at the sight in front of him. Childish but cute. Jongin thinks that he just heard the heaven's bells ring because Kyungsoo just chuckled. Kyungsoo just chuckled and it sounded amazing and god, he's so attractive and cute and handsome and manly and-

 

"Jongin, get a grip."

 

Of course, Sehun had to ruin everything. Jongin glared at Sehun before returning his gaze to Kyungsoo and stuttering,

 

"Uh.. K-Kyungsoo hyung, so… I just wanted to know if you are free on this Sunday because I w-wanted to hang out with you and--- don't feel burdened! I-It's okay if you are not free or don't feel like hanging out because-"

 

"Okay."

 

"It's really okay, hyung. Never mind that- wait what?"

 

"Okay. I'm free this weekend. Just tell me the time and place or… do you want to text me later?"

 

Jongin thanked all the entities looking after him. Did Kyungsoo just agree to hang out with him? God.

 

"I-I'll text you, hyung. Can I know your number?"


 

 

"He's cute."

 

"No, he's not."

 

"Come on, he's your best friend."

 

"Doesn't mean he's cute."

 

Kyungsoo chuckled as Sehun said that and  Sehun hugged his waist. Kyungsoo in turn patted his cousin's head. And yes. Sehun is Kyungsoo's cousin. The one and only. Not that Jongin actually needs to know this.

"Hunnie, you are so mean. Why don't you tell him that I'm your cousin?"

 

"Don't wanna. Want him to try and get you as his boyfriend himself."

 

"Well, he's cute trying."

 

"Hyung, you must be serious with him. Don't break my best friend's heart."

 

"Let's just hope that he won't break mine."

 

"Oh. He's too dumb to do that."

 

"Sehun! Stop insulting people."