CHAPTER 1

Project HeartStrings

CHAPTER 1

Name:Kim Seohyun

Date of birth:July 18,1992

Disease:Unknown

Days to live:1 year (as of November 2015)

I wrote down my biodata on my tiny notebook,so I'm gonna die in a year,it's not so bad I guess,atleast I now have 365 days,to do everything I haven't,I mean,I just finished my bucketlist,I might not have any family or freinds offline,but this year would be amazing,just think of all the things to do!I know my disease is dead serious and all but after I die,I'm going to give up my body for research in case anyone else in the world gets it.And if ever theyre done with me,I hope to be planted in those life urns so I could be a tree.

Now let me shed some light on my disease,Basically,I don't fall asleep at night,I die.but thank god my body revives itself in the morning,but this won't last,Like I said,the day of my last death is next year,November,2016.I for some reason still have my memories when I wake up so Its possible that my heart just stops pumping and starts pumping again or something sciency like that.I also have congential insensitivity,meaning I never felt pain in my life.It isn't as great you think,cause sometimes I question if I'm still alive.When did this start,I don't know,Why was it only discovered now?No idea.

Point is,I'm dying,so I'm living my life to the fullest.Starting,Now.

without thinking,I randomly hugged someone.Obviously he was suprised,but he just stood there,Like I'm a statue.He was also really cold.

Moments later,I let go.I smiled at him as he looked down at me.He was a tall man,about my age,had a thick black jacket,but is still cold.

"Thank you"I muttered awkwardly"For letting me hug you."

He stared at me a few seconds longer and finally went on his way without a word.

"Wait!"I hollered at him."Why so Cold?"I asked.

He stood there,and uttered "Because warmth isn't contagious enough" and walked away.

I stood there dumbfounded by this guy,then I took out my tiny notebook,crossed out "Hug a Stranger" and wrote down "Offer Free Hugs" and went my own way.

???'s POV~

What is up with strangers and hugging?and why hug me?I'm not the most approachable person,am I?There's like 10 other people to hug?Why hug me?It's not that I don't like hugs,or warmth,I just prefer the cold more.Maybe that girl's gonna die soon,I mean its really cliché to add "Hug/Kiss/Have The thing with a complete stranger" to bucketlists,I could just be judgmental right now,but it happens,maybe she's just really lonely and wants a good boyfreind desperately.I'm just being really judgmental right now,but I like judging things.Not that I'm apart of mean girl or some-

my thoughts were rudely interrupted by a lamenated ID that is owned by no other person then the one who hugged me.And she's apperantly a speaker for an event just across the street.with free food.I'm so in.

After going through the guards,I opened the door slightly,letting the cold airconditioning out,and letting me hear the speaker.

"I may die today,I may die tomorrow,But I will die happily knowing I have changed your way of seeing the world,that would eventually make you change the world yourself.Change starts from a new point of view.For instance,do you see this girl?"She paused,and I peeked inside.

"She has ended her life this month because she had failed to get a scholarship in the most pretigious school in Korea,so it darkened her look on the future,I mean yes,U believe that corruption and ignorance is feuled by misunderstanding,misunderstanding is fueled by uneducation and that the whole reason why we can't accept the fact that we are too civilized for inequality is that we are all too uneducated,but the point is,it doesn't matter what school you go to,as long as you've been educated,your future is pretty much bright.Plus if your ever feel like your life's meaningless,just remember this"She paused.

"It isn't meaningless until you pull the trigger,until you shallow the pills,until slith your throat,until you end your own life.Especially when you haven't done your part.

Tell me,all the world's problems right now.Please raise your hand"

I saw a few raised their hands from the side I could see."You,the thin one in the suit,"The speaker called out.

He stood up"an eight of the population is obese."He sat back down.

"Yes Yes,How bout you,Grey hat,"

"A fourth of the world is starving"a heard a voice from the other side speak.

"Yes,you,green dress at front"

"Global warming is taking away the few resources we have"

"very good,black dress with vail,"

"Gender,Religion,and Race devides us so much,we hate each other for it."

"Excellent,Hands down,"The speaker dissmissed them.

"Wait,I have one more,"A girl in a white jacket and a black dress called out politely.

"Yes,Last one."

"We are all too cold to each other."She cited.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest.as she said that.

Cause it's all true.

The speaker must have felt the same cause she was silent a near minute before saying this one word "Exactly."

I made my way inside completely,closing the door behind me.

"Now tell me what does all these problems have in common?" No one responded.

"They can all be solve if we simply try together"She Answered herself."Do you think all the starving people,would starve with the obese's leftover?Do you think we will run out of trees if we all simply planted trees together?Do you think

rasism agaisnt eachother would still exist if understand that some people just have more melanin under their skin? No .The problem isn't the problem itself,The problem is that not everyone can accept it as one.Before I end this session,ask yourself.

Am I worthy to live in this planet?How can I prove it?"There was silence.

That made me question myself,AM I,worthy to live in this planet?Can I ever prove my worth?

The silence was deafening and honestly depressing,"I know how hard that question is to answer,I've been through it myself,Trust me it may take years for you to answer,but I asure you,you will find your purpose.Be true to yourself,Let your Heart and Mind Collaborate,and keep living on.This was Kim Soehyun,Enjoy the rest of the evening."She found my eyes in the distance,smiled and bowed,and finally left the stage,Applause and Appraisals following her.

I found myself wandering around,looking for the buffet table,which is the whole reason why I'm here.I realized how most of the attendees are teenagers in rather formal attire.And what was more suprising is that all of them are lacking their gadgets.Most of them are just talking with eachother,conversing over their favorite part of the speech,How inspirational the speaker is,How Beautiful even.

After endlessly wandering around,I found the buffet,Taking bite sizes of basically everything to fit into the plate.

"Oh hey!"A cheery voice spoke up.I turned to my left,and suprise suprise,Seohyun is by my side.

I stared at her before greeting a solemn,"Hi"

"How long and why are you here?"She asked.

"In the middle of your speech,it says there's free food."I replied,tasting the lasagna on my plate,

"Seriously"her laugh so tender you would want to hug it.

I made my way to my table and she followed,"So What's your name?I haven't got it yet."She inquired as we sat down

"Leo"I continued eating.

"Well then Hello,Leo~"She reached out her hand out standing.

I stared at her as if she had a second head,and finally gave in,stood up,and shook her hand."Hello,Seohyun."

She smiled and sat back down.

I went back to silently eating when,"That was a nice speech you brought out-."I slapped my mouth shut.

She looked up confused."uh thanks,but it isn't really that good,it's my first time speaking infront of strangers"She brushed it off blushing.

"I'd like to see you speak years later,I bet everyone would know you,"I complimented.

She gave a rather sad smile and replied "I hope so too."The meal was completly silent after,the air was thick enough to cut with a chainsaw.

"I have to go,"I stood up after finishing my food.

"Wait"She stop me."This is embarrasing,but can you drive me home?"She asked.

How did she no I have a car?I hestitantly agreed and exited the room with her.

"Where to?"I asked after getting in the car after her.

"Just bring me to the flats near the park,I'll walk myself in."

I started the car and drove out the parking lot."How do you know I have a car?"I finally asked.

"Lucky Guess?"She shrugged.

After an awkward 10 minute ride,We habe finally reached the flats she called home,she boarded off the car,thanked me once again,and scurried into the building,closing the door behind her.

Seohyun's POV~

Closing the door behind me,I took out my trusty notebook and crossed out "Try Motivational Speaking"

This notebook is basically the only thing I can ever call family right now,I named it Nati after my last pet cat.a small note was sticking out of it,I took it out and read it "N told me sneak this into people's pocket when I want to make freinds,So uhm yeah,Call me:"

swaying my head in disapproval,I crossed out "Have a freind in the country"

That's 2 down,103 more to go.

I slip into my sleepware,to die once more.

A/N~~
HAI GUYS~!!! :'D So this is my first book I ever tried to continue,hopefuly I don't drop it like every other attempt I did,So yeah,I'll make you feels this I promise ouo just stay tuned and stuff,I'm gonna upload once a week atleast :3 Also,can someone make a cover for this?I can't photoshop :p