CHAPTER 1

Incongruous Disposition
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is unbelievable.

Kim Yoojin stormed into her boss’ office with long, impatient strides. She was too enraged to give a damn on how her other co-workers whispered when they saw her passing by their cubicles with jaw clenched tight and lethal expression.

How dare he took the credit of my work?

Her boss was talking on the phone when she barged in without knocking.

“Jung Yunho, we need to talk,” her tone was rigid and cold as she spoke.

The male in front of her creased his brows at her sight. His expression showed disapproval, but he quickly ended his phonecall and shifted his focus on her. She knew he too, had a sense of what that was all about.

“Hello, Yoojin,” he straightened his seat in his leather cushion and let out a bitter smile, “Not the most appropriate time to discuss private matters, don’t you think?”

“Private matters you say?” she scoffed, “This ain’t private no more, Yunho. Not when you stole the credit of my very own design for Busan shopping mall project.”

“Why are you so fired up over something trivial like this?”

“Trivial? You think my career here as an architect is trivial?” she looked at him in disbelieve, “Trivial is when you put wrong amount of sugar into my morning coffee, not when you stomp on my whole month worth of hardwork!”

“Listen, Yoojin,” Yunho tried to reach her hands and console her but she avoided his touch, “It’s not a big deal. We’re going to get married soon and that makes what’s mine will soon be yours and yours will soon be mine. What’s the difference? The Busan project is a team work afterall, not exclusively yours...”

She was speechless at his words.

“Do you understand why I’m so riled up over this matter?”

He stared at her absentmindedly and she had to take a deep breath to regain her composure.

“People have been talking about me and our relationship behind our back. They said you commend me to much and I would not get to this point of my career if I wasn’t sleeping with you. None of them knows how much I always work extra harder than everybody in this office because I have to deal with this kind of assumption,” her voice was shaky from holding back the tears. “This project is very important for me. It is my chance to be acknowledged for my ability, not merely because I am your fiance.”

“Baby, you know that’s not true... ignore what they say, they’re just jealous,” he walked toward her and pulled her into his embrace, “I’m sorry, I was being insensitive.”

Yoojin hid her face in the crook of his neck and let him encircled his arms around her lean figure. Her  anger had slowly dissipated by his gesture.

“If we’re to get married, I need to know how much I can put my trust on you.”

She felt him sighed by the movement of his chest.

“You’re never going to believe me, aren’t you?” he peeled himself out of her and stepped away. His expression turned sour in a split second.

“Wait, what...” she trailed him with her eyes, feeling slightly confused by the change of atmosphere.

“You’re always so scared I would stab you from behind that you need to always be in control of everything,” he gave her a sad look, “Isn’t it tiring?”

“Yunho...”

“I don’t even know if you’re ready to tie the knot at this point.”

His words were neither harsh nor rude, but they stung her deep she felt her tears were coming back. What made it worse was the fact that Yunho was actually right. She was constantly scared and insecured with their relationship. She was scared Yunho would eventually leave her for another girl. She was insecured about working directly under him in their office. She was distressed at the thought of someday he might hurt her intentionally or unintentionally and she might break in

Please log in to read the full chapter