ALWAYS.

Sehun's Birthday

Luhan keeps on facing back and forth as he thinks of what to give sehun for his birthday. And the distance between him and sehun isn't helping at all, it only makes the situation even more worse. He's inside his dressing room and having a break from his shooting. He wants to call somebody for help but he doesn't know whom to talk to. Kris is probably busy at the moment. And plus, Luhan doesn't want to put his burden to other people he'd rather helps himself than ask for some help to other people.

Sehun and Luhan have been skype-ing each other since he left but still it feels like the first time he's buying a gift for Sehun. He even remember giving him a speech through a live show, but the situation this moment is kind of different from way back then. Everything's changed, Luhan knows that. He can't just greet Sehun through SNS. Paparazzi will make some rumors about him and Sehun. He can't just text him it will looks like he's not putting some effort. He can't just send a gift— because he doesn't know what gift to give. He knows Sehun isn't that materialistic but he wants to give something, something special. Something that once Sehun received this gift he'll treasure it... Always.

Oh dear god, The day is tomorrow. What to do, i need to think of a nice gift. Luhan thought. 

He heard his name getting called by the director so he went out of the room and head back to where they'd stop their shooting earlier. Later, I'll go to givenchy to look for some watch to give to Sehun. Luhan thought and he started listening to what the director's saying. Following its orders and doing as what he's told to do to finish the work early and have sometime to think what present to buy for Sehun.

After a couple of hours they finally stopped and decided to finally rest and continue the shoot the day after tomorrow because of Luhan's health. They did took care of him though. They're not pushing Luhan to work and they're giving him enough time to rest. When he's finally done fixing himself he wore some disguise and planned to go to the Mall... alone. He informed his friend Lao Gao about this and agreed to it. If there's something happened Lao GAo offered for Luhan to call him immediately to fetch him. When he finally arrived at the Mall. He went directly to givenchy and looks for some watch. Nothing caught his eyes because some styles of the watches are too simple, Some are too stylish, Some are too formal. None of them would fit Sehun's personality. He went out of the store disappointed because he haven't bought anything. 3 hours to go and the clock will strike at 12:00 am. Luhan sighed as he looked at his watch, the time's running too fast.

***

Sehun never felt this feeling before. He's scared, nervous, happy, hoping, sad, lonely at the same time. Too many emotions every seconds. He's scared that Luhan might forgot what day is it tomorrow. Nervous at the though of what Luhan's present. Happy that he might received something from Luhan even if its just a simple 'Hi'. Hoping that something, something will happen tomorrow like, being able to hug Luhan again. Sad that Luhan won't care about what day is it tomorrow. Lonely that it will be the first time Sehun will celebrate his birthday without Luhan. 

He let out a sigh and rest his head on his bed stomach facing the ceiling. He keeps on checking his phone hoping there will be some text from Luhan but nope, He's just seeing a galaxy themed wallpaper and numbers and letters indicating what time and what day is it all over again. He noticed that 1 more hour and it's finally his birthday. He feels like he's not excited though. Tomorrow they'll go to Inkigayo to perform their new song "Call Me Baby" and tomorrow's will be their 6th win if ever they'll won. He shift on his bed finding the position he's comfortable before drifting off to sleep with his phone clutched to his hand.

Sehun woke up at the sound of hornpipes and different kinds of voices. He shift on the other side and hid his head under the pillow and covering his ears because they're too loud but someone tugged it off earning a death glare from Sehun. So it was Suho-hyung. Sehun thought. And suddenly images flashed in his head making him nostlagic. Because he remembered how Luhan throw himself on top of him just to woke him up because today is the day. And how luhan will tickles him on his neck because he doesn't want to wake up. How Luhan yank the blankets off around him same as the pillows where his head resting at. And Sehun will surrender by pulling Luhan beside him while he wrapped his arms around Luhan's waist and how Luhan will bury his head on Sehun's chest. How Luhan will smile at him. How Luhan fit perfectly in his arms like they're made for each other. How Luhan's hair smelled like vanilla. How Luhan will give him a peck on his lips. How small Luhan's body in his arms. How it felt like when they're skin touched each other. How they will stay like that until someone will knock on the door for them to go downstairs and eat the food Kyungsoo prepared. And it all comes crashing down when someone placed a hand on his shoulder and asked him if he's okay. He can't just say 'Yes… I'm okay' when in fact he is not okay at all. He can't just lie in front of his hyungs. But he feels like he need to.

"Yeah, I'm okay. So did Kyungsoo-hyung prepared something special for me?" Sehun smiled, a fake one after he said those words. So that his hyung won't get worried about him. The other members noticed Sehun's behavior but choose not to say something about it and just went a long with Sehun. 

"Yeah he did, but not as special when he prepared something for me" Jongin said as he throws the pillow at Sehun making all the others laugh at Sehun chased Jongin. Suho stood up from sitting on Sehun's bed and remind everyone to get ready because they still have to go to Inkigayo. And they need to be there early because Suho and Baekhyun will become MC there one last time. 

Sehun did prepare fast, maybe performing will get his head out of Luhan. His attention might divert and focus on performing, instead of waiting for Luhan's text.

***

Luhan sighed as he woke up. He's streaming for today's Inkigayo. He's so proud of them especially to Sehun. From those previews he saw, Sehun has grown so much. He might still the maknae one, but when he acts is like he's the older one. He watched as Sehun slide his body and dance to the rhythm how perfect he's hips to the beat. Damn does sehun even have bones? Luhan asked himself. Luhan sometimes would laugh as he watched Sehun and the others' dance. Laughed at Sehun's expression. Like Sehun is really putting his soul into it while he dance. Like how he put his soul too in every words he will say when his line came on. And how Sehun will perfectly did that E-X-O part. He can't help but smile and told to himself how proud he is to him.

When they announced that EXO won they greeted Sehun a happy birthday and he was told to say something for fans. Luhan feels someone poured a bucket filled with ice as he remembers again that today is Sehun's birthday and he doesn't even have something to give to him. He cursed under his breath and dialed his director's number. He just came out with a better idea of what gift he'll going to give to Sehun.

***

It's 9 in the evening and there is no new message coming from his hyung. Maybe he did forgot. Sehun thought. He just shrugged it off and continue pretending it's the best birthday when in fact its the opposite. He continue to wear those smiles, afraid that his hyungs might see the real emotions his hiding. The emptiness. Not sad neither mad. Just empty. 

Sehun saw Jongin emerged somewhere and went to sit beside him putting an arms around his shoulders. He waited for Jongin to say something because he knows that Jongin will say something.

"Quit pretending, Sehun. You don't need to pretend. We all know you're not okay. Sehun it hurts us to see you act like this. Sehun you're not yourself today we know that. We noticed that since this morning you kind of… passing out." Jongin said. With concern written on his face as he looked at Sehun. Aside from Luhan, Kai's one of the person he's closest to.

"I'm a bad actor then." Sehun admits, feeling anytime soon he'll break down. 

"It's okay, Sehun" Jongin knows it not but he couldn't think of an exact term to use to make Sehun feel better. He pull Sehun into a tight hug as he felt a light sob coming from Sehun. They stayed like that Jongin patting Sehun's back lightly comforting him while Sehun hands curled into fist in Jongin's shirt. A few minutes later Sehun finally calm down saying thank you and sorry at the same time because he just messed at Jongin's shirt. Jongin said it's okay. Sehun went to his room and locked himself there. He went straight to his cold and empty bed as he buries his head on his pillow and laid on his stomach as he tried to close his eyes and get some sleep. Because dream is the only escape he have to this painful reality.

***

"What are you sure about that?" Lao Gao said to Luhan as Luhan packed his things.

"Yes plus the director agreed to it" Luhan said. Checking if he missed something.

"Okay have a safe trip, take care" Luhan smiled at Lao Gao before hugging him tightly.

"Go before you miss your flight the taxi is waiting for you outside" Lao Gao said as Luhan smiled widely. This is it. He thought

Luhan hoped inside the taxi while Lao Gao helped him carries his belongings. He's going to the aiport alone plus its midnight so the number of passengers aren't that many he's also wearing some disguise. There are some police escorting him secretely so they'll know he'll get to the plane safely and when he land there will be some police escorting him. Luhan sighed in relief as the aiport seems empty. He waited for his plane to be called as he shift in the aiport seats comfortably. He's about to reach home. His second home.

***

Sehun could here light snores and could feel an arms wrapped around him feeling a bit of protection in those arms. He looked at that person and get surprised to see a beautiful angel beside him. If this moment is just of one of his dreams, he wants to stay in this dream forever but afraid that the next dream will be a nightmare cause dreams are nightmare too. That this beautiful angel beside him will wake up and once he saw Sehun he will remove his arms around him and will went out of his bedroom door… out of his life. But surprisingly he didn't. He woke up and met Sehun's stare and smiled at him and pull him closer. 

"Luhan?" Sehun manage to say.

"Hmmm" Luhan hummed at him.

"Is this real or am i dreaming?" Luhan chuckled once he heard Sehun's question. 

"Realer than what it actually looks like, Sehun. Belated Happy Birthday, Sehun-ah"  

Luhan's presence is much better than all the gifts he had received from his birthday. Sehun couldn't ask for more. Having Luhan beside him is the best thing that ever happened on his birthday. Even though its kinda late. But he's happy and contented as he engulf Luhan in a tight hug and buries Luhan on his chest. He can smell Luhan's vanilla sent shampoo. He could feel how small he is im his arms. How he still fit perfectly in his arms. He could feel how nice it is to have Luhan's head buries in his chest. How it felt nice and comforting as he felt Luhan's touch and his skin through his skin. How he miss Luhan smell. He couldn't believe it. Luhan is here in his arms.While Luhan, He could feel he's finally home. How he miss how perfectly he fits in Sehun's arms. How he feel protected in Sehun's arms. How Sehun's chest smell. How comforting the warmth Sehun's giving to him. He miss every single thing about him. He couldn't believe how he's engulf in Sehun's arms it feels like a dream, a wondeful dream to him. They stayed like that none of them dare to talk. Having each other in each others' arms is already enough both of them wishing for it not to end. But they both know that soon, Luhan need to leave.

"I have cancelled all of my schedules and choose to spend my whole april with you Sehun-ah" Luhan said as he got the courage to say those. Half month is already enough for Sehun he couldn't ask for more this is already too much. Luhan is already sacrificing too much. Taking so many risk. Sehun slide his hands on Luhan arms through his wrist and noticed that he's still wearing the cartier bracelet they both bought way back then. 

"I see still wearing this huh?" Sehun said as he took Luhan's hand and kissed it.

"So cheezy, is that what growing up affect you? If yes, I'm breaking up with you" Luhan said jokingly with a smile on his face. 

"No matter if it is a yes or a no, i won't let you break up with me, i won't let my future slip off of my hands, Luhan" Sehun said. Luhan noticed how Sehun didn't used the wod 'Hyung'.

"Where's your hyung, Kid?" Luhan said acting as if he's disappointed but laugh after Sehun made this face that makes him look horrible but cute. 

"Can't handle my cuteness eh" Sehun said as he did some aegyo making Luhan turn his back on him. Cause luhan couldn't contain his laughter anymore. He turns his back again facing Sehun just to find a looking sad puppy face of Sehun. "Stop that will you?" Luhan said as he kissed those lips making it smile at him. "There much better" Luhan said. 

Sehun kissed Luhan again, nothing more they're just kissing each other feeling each others' mouth and as soon as they broke the kiss Sehun said those words that Luhan didn't expect. 

"I love you, Luhan-Hyung... Always"

"I love you, Sehun… Always" Luhan replied not using 'too' because for Luhan, Sehun doesn't need to say those words for him to say it too, using too is like he owes Sehun something. They both stood up and fix each others' as they headed downstairs holding each others' hand. 

THE END.