Final

Paper flower

Paper flowers 

 
-Kim so eun POV 
 
"Mum, who gave those to you?" My eight year old daughter asks. 
 
We were actually just trying to find a board game up in the antic but of course we stumble upon stuff that open up memory lane. This is one of them. 
 
"Oh that, I made it for my first love." I tell her, still reminiscing over my past. 
The pale pink coloured paper flower that was once a hot pink colour, twirl in between my fingers. A gentle smile grace my face as I remember how I got it. 
 
"Your first love? Does daddy know him?" The pretty eight year old asks, with her big brown eyes. 
 
"No he doesn't, not even the guy himself knows. I never got the chance to tell him that I loved him at the time. He was...complicated. Like a puzzle." I say, remembering the time when I finally got the courage to tell him that I was in love with him, but only to have found out that he was gone. 
 
My daughter snuggle up against my side and wraps her arms around my waist, just like my husband. 
"Tell me the story of your first love, mummy. Please." She pleads, with her big brown sparkling eyes shinning. I suddenly regretted teaching her how to use her dazzling brown eyes to her advantage. 
 
"Right. Well he's four years older than me and it was my first year of high school, however it was also his last year of high school. We met while I was trying to find my first class..." I start recalling the memories. 
 
(Flashbacks) 
 
"Urgh...can't believe I'm going to be late on my first day." I thought to me self while trying to find my drama class in this huge school. 
 
Suddenly I am embrace with a large impact that cause me to greet the harsh cold floor in the school's hallway. 
"Oh, wow..I'm so sorry...are you okay?" A husky voice enters my ears. I look up from my position on the floor. My eyes is welcome by the handsome guy, with captivating black eyes, messy but stylish hair and a very define Adam's Apple. And while I'm staring at him, he takes no notice as he hurries to help me on my feet. 
 
"I'm okay..sorry I bumped into you, I'm sort of in a hurry. I'm late for class." I explain, now standing in front of him, thanks to his help. 
 
"No no it's my fault, I wasn't paying attention to way I was heading. And late for class? Classes doesn't start for another 15 minutes." He tells me with an amuse smile, gracing his handsome face. 
"Huh? But-" before I could finish, he cuts me off. 
"You're a freshmen, right?" He asks. I nod and as I open my mouth to say something, he speaks again. 
"So I'm guessing you have the letter send out, saying that school starts at 8:40am in the hall. Well that doesn't matter, in fact all you're missing out right now is boring first's day lecture on ground rules of what the school expects from you. Honestly it really isn't important at all, so you're fine." He says calmly. 
 
-back to present day- 
 
"And ever since that day, we became friends. He was the smart, charming and popular senior that all the girls want and the envy of every guy." I told my adorable eight year old daughter, with her sitting on my lap and her head resting on my chest, listening to my every word. 
 
"How did you fall for him, Omma?" The cuteness of her youthful voice over flowed in each word. 
 
"Well for the time we got to know more about each other. I saw sides of him that made me understand him more. He wasn't from a well-off family background. He's the oldest of his siblings and so responsibility wasn't new to him. All the little things he did, soon became mesmerising to me, and over time, I fell in love." I say, thinking fondly over the memories that have now become bygones. 
 
"How did you confess to him, ma?" She question, with her head tilt to one side and big brown chocolate eyes that never leaves me. The lovely chocolate eyes that she inherited from my beloved husband. 
 
"Well you see, before I met him, he was in a relationship but sadly the relationship did not last long. He was heartbroken so I never really got the chance to confess it was only when he had to leave for his military service that I went to tell him at his house, however what I didn't know was that he left already." I tell her, with a sad smile on my face. 
 
"I'm tired mommy, I'm going to go to bed now. And don't worry you have daddy and me to love you, you don't need him." My little angel says as she hugs me and kisses my cheeks before she climbs of my lap and walks to her bedroom. 
 
Once again silence fell upon me like a tonne of bricks. I sigh. 
 
"She's right you know. You don't need him." The all too familiar husky voice says from behind me. 
 
"Huh? Oh oppa, you scared me." I gasp and turn to look at him. He leans ily against the door frame, wearing his white v-neck shirt that made his muscles more define to the make eyes and he also had on his favourite yellow and black bumble bee sleep shorts. 
My beloved husband. 
 
"You have me and our intelligent and beautiful daughter. You shouldn't grief of your lost love." He tells me with a grim smile. My husband is jealous. I chuckle at his logic. 
 
He walks closer to me, and once he is right in front of me he kneel down near my chair, now we are at eye level. He grabs my hands and intertwine them like he always does. 
 
Our eyes lock with one another and it was like as if time had stop and nothing in the universe could break our little bubble that we seem to get into as soon as our eyes lock. 
 
"It's you." The words was just above a whisper, though it was loud enough in the silent room. 
 
"Huh?" Was his smart reply. 
 
"You really don't remember me? Though what was I expecting it was a very long time ago, of course you don't remember. You had her on your mind." I rambled on. 
 
"You're the guy." My voice croak out. 
 
"Little sweet cupcakes..." I say, softly, looking away. 
 
He froze. 
 
"You're so different from before...why didn't you ever tell me?" He question still holding my hands. 
 
"Because I didn't know how'd you'll react and how was I suppose to say it. If you didn't remember then how is it fair that I force you to remember?" I retort with an uneasy feeling settling in the pit of my stomach. 
 
"I would have remembered you, if you had brought it up. You know I had a little accident during my military service that cause me to have a bit of my memory lost. That's what I get for picking a fight." He joked. 
 
"I loved you." I blurted out. 
 
"Loved?" He question with a worried expression painted on his handsome face. 
 
"Yes. I loved you, before. But now I love you." I tell him before leaning forward and kiss his lips. 
 
We pulled apart and he stands up, pulling with him. 
 
"I love you." He whispers, with tears in his chocolate like eyes. He tug my arms forcing my body to crash against his. Soon his strong arms snakes around the small of my waist and my arms wraps around his. 
 
"Here this is yours." I hand him the pale pink paper flower. 
 
He takes it as he unwraps himself from and holds the paper flower like it was glass.
 
"Unfold it." I urged. 
 
He did what I told him to do. 
 
What lay inside was very dear to me. 
 
'You have my heart, forever and always.' 
-Kim so eun