Chapter One

Can I Be You Hero

Jessica’s memory


“Hey Sky. How was your summer break?” Jay said as he came running up to Chaerin and Amber with a big goofy smile plastered on his face. Amber let out a little scoff with a playful eye-roll and sarcastically said, “Wow Jay am I invisible? I can feel the love.” Chaerin giggled and lightly punched A,ber on the shoulder and looked to where Jay was standing. “It was fun, I went to Jeju Island with Amber’s parents and my parents. It was so beautiful, we went on a cruise, and we went to the waterfalls. Wahh It was just so beautiful.” Chaerin said dreamily while her hands where pressed into her cheeks and looking up into the sky as she told Jay about her summer. Amber put her arm around Chaerin’s shoulder and snapped her out of her day dream. “As much as I want to stay, I have try outs for the basketball team. SO I’ll see you around Sky.” And with that Amber ran off to go to the basketball court leaving Chaerin and Jay alone. “How was your summer Jay?” Chaerin asked as she made her way to the bench near a small flower garden to take a seat. With Jay following her, his hands tucked into his pants pockets she gave a little shrug and kicked a few stones. “It was okay, wasn’t as fun as yours—“. “Oh come on Jay I bet you did something besides, lay around, eat, and play your game console all summer..” No words came out of Jay’s mouth as he shamefully looked away and suddenly looked back interested in a paper airplane that came flying out of a classroom window. “Oh my gosh, Jay you did eat, sleep and play your game all summer didn’t you? What did I tell you?” Chaerin shook her head in disappointment and walked up to Jay and flicked his fore head. “Hey I didn’t to that ALL summer break, okay. I also went to a beach party and met some cool people. So you can’t say I didn’t go out.” He stated as he turned his body to her with his right index finger in the sky while standing up tall. Chaerin was laughing at how he looked, because to her he looked goofy yet adorable at the same time. “So since we have no afternoon classes want to go to a small café just around the block to wait for Amber to finish her classes and try-outs? Even if she will be done by around 5o’clock.” Jay offered his hand to Chaerin and she took it and walked with him to the café, little did she know that there was a big surprise there for her. When they walked in she thought it was quite full, but she found an empty table by the window and made her way over, she thought Jay was following behind her until she sat down and looked around for him. When she finally spotted him he had his hands behind his back and music started to softly play in the café. As he made his way closer to Jessica he stopped right by her side and looked down at the ground before looking at her right in the eyes before getting down on his one knee pulling out a small blue box and opened it relieving a cute little ring. “Chaerin Lee I know we’ve known each other for a few years already and we’re only in the 1st year of high school and we have 5 years left but Sky, I can’t wait that long. I promise to love your through thick and thin, I will be by your side no matter what, your fight, will be my fight also, your tears will be my tears, we were given two arms, two leg, 2 of each fingers, two eyes, two feel, but we were only given one heart because someone out in this world was given our other heart and Chaerin,  you have my heart, both of them. I know I don’t really know where I’m going with this but what I’m really trying to say Chaerin, is Will you be my girlfriend and in 6 years’ time my wife?” With tears streaming down her face she nodded her head and got off of her seat and hugged Jay tucking her head into the crook of his neck and whispered an “I do.” As he picked her up and fisted pumped in the air as he repeated what she said. “She said I do.” And everyone in the café cheered for the new couple and the workers brought out a couple slices of Jessica’s favorite cake and icing, as she wiped her tears and smiled. “H-how did they know?” Jay shrugged, grinning he hugged her and kissed her temple and sat her down, before taking a seat himself. “I made a few arrangements, that’s why I said this café instead of the down just across the street from the school.”