Ddangkoma's Gender

Ddangkoma's Gender (one-shot)

word count: 571

--

After another tiring day of practice, all the members headed back to their dorms and instantly went to their own rooms, but not before everyone had shouted their food orders to Ryeowook.

“Ryeowook, ramen!”

“Wookie, jajjangmyun!”

“MY STRAWBERRY MILK, WOOKIE! AND DONGHAE’S FISH BISCUITS!”

“Hyung, any food for my energy! I can’t afford to lose another game just because of my hunger!”

Ryeowook sighed. As much as he loved cooking for the members, he needed some rest. Only one person stayed quiet without any orders, so Ryeowook decided to go to that person’s room. There lying on the floor was none other than Jongwoon, a.k.a. Yeneung Yesung, cooing at his turtle.

“Uhm... Jongwoonie hyung? Do you want anything to eat?” Ryeowook offered in exhaustion.

“What? Oh, no. Shush, Wookie, I’m focusing on something,” Yesung said rudely while squinting at his turtle in concentration, not realizing that he hurt Ryeowook’s feelings when he told him to shush.

Whether it was from exhaustion or stress, tears started pooling in Ryeowook’s eyes.

“Oh... Okay,” he sniffled, trying to stop crying as he headed out the door.

“Wait, Wookie! Are you crying? Don’t cry! I’m sorry I’m really sorry I didn’t mean to shush you I was just really trying to concentrate and I wanted to figure out if Ddangkoma is a girl or boy!” Yesung panicked.

Ryeowook started laughing when he heard Yesung, “Figuring out if Ddangkoma’s a boy or girl?” He started giggling some more.

Yesung smiled in relief, “Yeah, you wanna see?” He brought the small land turtle up to show Ryeowook.

Ryeowook walked further into the room, lied on the bed, and sighed. Yesung frowned as he walked towards him with Ddangkoma and lied down next to him to face him.

“Don’t frown. If you frown, I frown. If I frown, Ddangkoma frowns,” Yesung said as he frowned and showed an expressionless a frowning Ddangkoma in front of Ryeowook’s face, “what’s up?”

Ryeowook sighed again, “Just tired.”

Yesung put Ddangkoma down and he or she it started crawling towards Ryeowook, “Awww... I think I can conclude that my little turtle is a man comforting my Wookie.”

Ryeowook could only slightly smile, but soon the tears started forming again.

“Uh oh. Did I do anything wrong this time? I can change Ddangkoma into a girl if you want me to!” Yesung panicked once more.

“N-no... It’s just that I’m really tired but all the members are making me cook them food. I mean, I would love to cook for them so that they don’t starve but I’m also strained, you know...”

Yesung patted Ryeowook’s back to comfort him and voiced out his silly idea, “I know! Let’s cook together! Ddangkoma will help!”

Ryeowook was about to protest, but seeing Yesung’s all-too-happy-and-smiling-that-his-jaw-might-break face stopped him from doing so. He let out a small whisper, “Fine.”

Yesung pulled Ryeowook up from the bed and exclaimed, “Maybe after cooking we can also determine Ddangkoma’s gender!”

But before the two could get out of the room, impatience took over the others.

“Ryeowook, HEEBUM AND I NEED OUR RAMEN!”

“Wookie, my son, my jajjangmyun isn’t coming!”

“WOOKIE! LOOK WHAT YOU DID! DONGHAE’S NOW CRYING BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T BRING HIM HIS FISH BISCUITS! AND I ALSO NEED MY STRAWBERRY MILK!”

“Hyuuuuuung! I’m losing the game! Food! Quick!”

Ryeowook sighed once more while Yesung stayed bubbly.

“I guess Ddangkoma’s now a housewife helper!”