Embarrassment

Jealousy leads to ...

Jackson and YoungJi. The two names comes as a set. When one hears Jackson, the next name they think of is YoungJi as his female counterpart. No doubt, these two, has won the hearts of many people with their constant bickering and sincere friendship during their stint on SBS Roommate Season 2. The two showed viewers, that when the two co-exist side by side, they shine even more. Jackson brings out the playful and 4D personality of YoungJi. On the other hand, YoungJi's personality compliments Jackson's weirdness as well as craziness. With two energetic individuals, they sure light up the TV screen in a unique way. Ever since their Roommate stint ended, both Jackson and YoungJi has received various offers to appear on a show together. You could say, they were high in demand. 

4 months after Roommate has ended and KARA was done with their Japanese promotions,  YoungJi accepted an offer to appear alongside Jackson on a new SBS variety show ; Limits. Limits was a program where celebrities from various ages would try out challenges suggested by viewers to test how far their limits was and to see if age would affect ones limits. 

The recording took place on a sunny Tuesday morning and there were a total of 8 guest present. Representing the early 20s would be Jackson and YoungJi. Late 20s would be F(x) Victoria and SHINee Minho. 30s would be Shinhwa Junjin and Brown eyed girls Narsha. Representing the 40s would be actress kim sung ryung and actor Cha taehyun. 

Upon arriving at the recording place, YoungJi greeted each and every cast as well as staff members with her trade meant 90 degree bow. When Jackson saw her, he gave YoungJi a hug which was a tad too long. It has been 4 months since they have met. Although they do keep in touch via text or video calls, seeing YoungJi physically in front of him makes him miss YoungJi a lot. During that short hug, memories of their 6 months stay in the sharehouse came rushing in. He was still reminiscing about those good old time when YoungJi broke away. With her aegyo and bright voice, she greeted SHINee Minho who just arrived. She said in her shy voice

YoungJi // MinHo

" Jo-nen paniyeyo " ( I'm a fan) 

" Ahh kerae? Kemowo. ( oh really? Thank you) I've heard a lot of good stories about you from Hara. " 

YoungJi's face turned crimson red upon hearing those words from Minho. Jackson looked on in disgust. Seeing his best friend acting all shy and girly when in reality she was a major tomboy. 

When the recording started, YoungJi was in the same team as Jackson as they had to show the strength of those in the early 20s. Both of them were extremely competitive but, not a lot could win over Minho's competitive nature. 

The first challenge was a battle of concentration. A device is attached to their forehead and using their brain wavelength, they would need to get the ball out of a capsule which looks like a measuring cylinder. This game requires lots of concentration. When one concentrates and is determined to get the ball out, the wavelength from the brain is stronger and would slowly bring the ball out from the capsule. People from other teams was allowed distract the other groups so as to deter their focus.

So far in this round, Jackson, YoungJi, Minho, Victoria and JunJin managed to pass the round. The rest were extremely distracted by Jackson's constant joke and ended up losing their focus. 

During the filming break, YoungJi and Jackson had a little time to themselves.

YoungJi // Jackson

" Omg did you see how cool Minho sunbaenim was? He was so quick on getting the ball out and his serious face is jinjja daebak. 

" Yah Heo YoungJi. You seriously like him? Even if you do, please control yourself. Can you even get any obvious? Won't your cheekbones hurt? You're smiling like a fool with hearts in your eyes. Eww Heo YoungJi. Not cool at all. A girl need to play hard to get. "

" Aigoo Wang Jackson shi. Heokshi neo jirtu? ( Are you jealous? ) And who are you to nag at me about how a girl is supposed to act? You have no rights at all. Remember the time when Song gayeon came over, you look even more pathetic. Loser. "

With that, YoungJi flipped her hair and all Jackson could say before she walked away was 

" JEALOUS?! IN YOUR - "

" Ja yeorebun break's over. " The staff FD (floor director) announced 

YoungJi smirked at Jackson before flashing her bright smile for the camera. Knowing that she has attacked Jackson's weak spot, she felt victorious. 

The second challenge was to test how strong ones thighs are. The game is simple. Palm pushing game. Although it's a simple game, it requires a strong thigh for a good sense of balance rather than a good arm strength. Jackson feeling confident, raised up his hand and said 

" I'll challenge Minho Hyung. I was a former athlete and I've got a sturdy thighs. You can touch it. "

Minho was taken aback by Jackson's sudden challenge and confidence. With a flustered tone he asked

" Jackson-ah where did you get all that confidence from? "

Instead of Jackson, YoungJi replied

" Wang Jackson has always been like that. Minho oppa fighting! Although I'm in his team, I need him to wake up." 

" Yah Heo YoungJi watch out." 

" Watching! " YoungJi replied while sticking out her tongue

Jackson could feel heat rising up from his body and he was more than determined to beat Minho to prove to YoungJi that he was so much more manly that the person she has been fangirling. 

The game started and both Minho as well as Jackson were just testing the waters. Both of them lightly pushed one another to check their balance. After a few light hit, Jackson decided to use more strength and hit Minho but Minho was like a brick wall. He didn't flinch and just smiled. He could see from the corner of his eyes that YoungJi was slowly captivated by his smile. While Jackson was busy being jealous, Minho took the opportunity and pushed hard. It caused Jackson to fall backwards and landed on his . He fall down in the most embarrassing way possible and he couldn't lift up his face. He knows without even looking that YoungJi has open and laughing at him. She probably thinks he's the biggest fool alive. 

Jackson couldn't look into YoungJi's eye throughout the whole filming. He was embarrassed. No, there was no words to describe what he was feeling. His confidence level went down from there on and thank goodness there was only one last challenge left. 

When filming ended, MinHo hugged Jackson and whispered

" I think I know where that confidence of yours came from."

He smirked and walked away afterwards. Jackson thanked all the cast members and staff except for YoungJi. He quickly changed his clothes and asked his manager to hurry bring him home. 

YoungJi was shocked to find out that Jackson left just like that. She took out her phone and texted him 

" Yah why did you leave so fast? Are you okay? "

In the car, Jackson felt his phone vibrated and he checked the message. 

Instead of replying her, he sighed and muttered under his breath

Stupid jealousy of yours Wang Jackson. Now you're going to be remembered as the ignorant fool. 

 

A/N : Updates for this story might be slower than when I did ' What it takes' because I was too occupied with translating the latest roommate episode but i'll try to atleast update chapter 2 by tomorrow at night!