See, he’ll melt…eventually…

See, he’ll melt…eventually…
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

See, he’ll melt…eventually…

 

“Ice-cream,” Soojung smiled at her crush that has been ignoring her for the last 8 months. Jongin looked at her impassively, he shook his head.

“Get it yourself,” he coolly said, “I don’t want any.” Soojung pouted; he knew she likes him since months ago but she still got ignored and now they’re already in senior high, 3 weeks till graduation. She sighed, she’s getting tired of all this but she could tell that he likes her too. Maybe? Because that one time, he helped her picking up her books, when dropped them in the hallway. Well according to some novels, a guy would like you if he was willing to help. No?  That was their first time interacting; or maybe he was just there, accidentally. He’ll melt soon~

“You sure you don’t want any?” she asked him again. Jongin looked at her and he rolled his eyes.

“Stop bugging me, it has been months, won’t you stop this whole thing?” he snapped. Soojung flinched at his sudden outburst, making his friends frowned. Her fists tightened. I would just punch you, you know!

“You don’t have to be so rude,” Tao said to him, while the others nodded at him. Soojung smiled at the others and she apologized. Jongin looked at her; he tends to get annoyed at her, since she never fired back at him; all she did was smile. Soojung stood up, she forced a smile, forcing herself not to cry in front of the boys. He’ll just humiliate me with his rejections. Sheesh.

“I guess I’ll go now,” she said then she looked at Jongin; no words were formed for him. Jongin didn’t even try to look at her; he kept his eyes on his phone, playing his game. Soojung rolled her eyes.

“I’ll come with you,” Chanyeol said suddenly, making the others looked at him, especially Jongin.

“Oh?” Soojung widened her eyes, “umm why?”

“I want some ice-cream too,” he smiled. Soojung just smiled and she nodded, “Sure, why not?” Jongin went still but he did nothing, he stared at his phone. Chanyeol smirked as he led the way for Soojung.

“Lead the way Miss~” Chanyeol smirked. Soojung just shook her head, chuckling.

 

 

Jongin sat on his chair in class, as quiet as possible, staring at his phone; waiting and waiting. It has been 10 minutes, where is she?

“Probably it’s about time that she changed her direction and look at someone else,” Kyungsoo said impassively. Jongin looked up at him, looking confused.

“What do you mean?” Jongin asked.

“Well, she has been hanging out with us for the past months,” Sehun said, “She should date one of us at least, since you’re too cold for her. Or someone else she deserves to be with~”

“And come on, she’s pretty. One of us had to have a crush on her sooner or later,” Tao chuckled, “I think all of us did actually, but she never give a to us.”

“You’ve been crushing on her?” Jongin asked. They all nodded and they laughed.

“We all told her to forget about you since you didn’t even give a about her but she’s as stubborn as a mule,” Baekhyun smiled, remembering at the thought. Jongin looked at them coolly but inside he was scared at the thought of her liking others than him. Honestly, why should I care?

Suddenly they heard laughter from the corridor; voices of Soojung and Chanyeol. Soojung entered the classroom and she looked at Jongin, she smiled. Jongin looked at her, then he looked away; as if she’s something revolting. Soojung looked at her phone, it was almost time to go back to her class.

“I’ve to go now,” she told them and they all nodded, giving Jongin a last look, she rolled her eyes; he didn’t even give her a look. Jongin played his game, he didn’t care. She didn’t even say bye to me? She didn’t say ‘I’ll text you later…’ like usual. What did she and Chanyeol talk about anyway?

 

Soojung walked towards her classroom, only to see that her best friend was pouting at her. Soojung looked at her and she frowned.

“What’s wrong?” she asked her.

“You went to have ice-cream with Chanyeol……” she pouted again. Soojung stared at her friend and she chuckled.

“Sulli ah, you know I don’t have feeling for him,” she said then she smirked, “but he did ask me about you while we had our ice-cream~” Sulli’s eyes widened and she smiled.

“Really?!”

Soojung laughed and she nodded, “I guess you left a great impression on him after you gave him a sudden kiss on the lips last week.” Sulli giggled.

“I didn’t know what got into me… I just want him to know that I like him but I did something stupid instead,” she blushed. Soojung shook her head.

“I gave him your number,” Soojung smirked and Sulli jumped out of her chair; letting out a girly cheer.

“I love you!!!!” Sulli giggled. Soojung rolled her eyes then her smile faded.

“You’re moving forward, while I’m still stuck. Jongin doesn’t even give a damn about me…” Soojung slouched on her seat, “it’s about time I give up on him. Sometimes, every time he ignores me, I feel like strangling him…” Sulli looked at her weirdly.

“Maybe you should give him a sudden kiss attack!” Sulli giggled.

“No way! I might scare the poor boy!” Soojung laughed .

“But, I think he likes you… Last time, when you were with Sehun, talking, he didn’t even take his eyes off you,” Sulli explained. Soojung just chuckled, she shook her head.

“Please~, just today, he told me to stop bugging him,” she told her, “probably I should just stop. I just make myself look ridiculous… ishhhhh I hate him.”

“Right~~~” Sulli smirked. Soojung blushed.

“Whatever, after graduation everything will be easier~” Soojung smiled.

“You still going for that student exchanged program?” Sulli frowned, “it’ll be months!” Soojung looked at her and she smiled.

“Hey, it’s a great opportunity for me, besides,” Soojung smiled, “I could forget about him while I’m there. Tsk, that’ll show him that I’m better without him~” She said smugly but deep inside she’s sad and mad. Jongin you’re a jerk.

“Aren’t you going to tell him?”

“I’ve told you, he doesn’t give a about me~” Soojung pouted, “that arrogant boy, he’s so mean.” Sulli frowned, she nodded.

“Well you still have me!” Sulli smiled and Soojung nodded.

“Of course~ I have you~ What can go wrong?” Soojung chuckled.

 

That night and the next few nights, Jongin been staring at his phone; no new texts from Soojung at all. He hasn’t seen her lately as well. She hasn’t been bugging her as off lately and was odd for him. That odd feeling when you feel something was empty and not right.

He lay on top of his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He had been thinking the same thing ever since Tao told him that they all did have a crush on her.

“How can they have feelings for her…” he said to no one in particular but himself. He closed his eyes but his mind was just filled with the thoughts of Soojung; her smile, her scent, her warmth every time she sat next to him, her voice, her face, her everything.

“Ishhhh why is she not texting me?!” Jongin snapped, “Chanyeol hasn’t been around… Soojung hasn’t been around… What’s with the sudden change? Sheeesh…”

“Jongin!!! Dinner’s ready!”  His sister called him out.

“I’ll be right out!” he said, giving his phone a last glance, making sure he didn’t miss any text from her, then he got up and went out to the kitchen for dinner. He walked out with a heavy sighed. He stopped suddenly, thinking he heard his phone rang; he ran towards his room almost immediately only to be greeted by nothing. False alarm. He was hearing things now.

“Where is she…” he murmured.

 

 

The next day, Soojung was queuing up to pay up for her food when suddenly she felt someone was beside her. She looked beside her; she nearly dropped her bread and her juice. Jongin was standing next to her, looking impassive. He looked forward, didn’t even look at her. Not even a simple hi to her. Soojung looked away, looking forward. Looking confused but also amused. Amusedly-confused. Quietly, the two just stood there side by side, not saying a single word. By the time it was Soojung’s time to pay, Jongin was still besides her, waiting. Odd.

“$2.20,” the lady smiled at her then she looked at Jongin, “you didn’t buy anything? Just accompanying your girlfriend?” Soojung widened her eyes.

“What? No, we’re nothing like that,” Soojung immediately said, and then she whispered at the lady, “we’re not even friends… hehe.” Jongin went still, he had lost his voice. He heard her. Soojung thanked the lady and walked away; Jongin followed her from behind, head down.

“What is it?” Soojung asked him while munching her bread, “you never approach me.” She turned around; round eyes, mouth filled with bread. Jongin was a feet away from her, he stared at her.

“Where have you been?” he finally asked. Soojung stopped munching, her heart jiggled, feeling girlish. She wanted to smile but she controlled herself; trying not to make a fool of herself.

“Been busy, you know graduation and stuff,” she wasn’t lying, she also had been taking care of her student exchange program college and graduation stuff, “why?” He looked at her and he shook his head. Soojung awkwardly looked at him, suddenly she felt a sudden rush to her cheeks; she looked down.

“No one annoys you lately?” she asked him, not looking at him.

“I have the boys to do that every day,” he quietly told her and she giggled.

“I miss them,” she whispered, turning around; continue her walk. Jongin followed, not saying any word. Soojung kept on walking until they reached the empty building behind their school; the old school. The place was turned into a beautiful garden for the science students to grow their plants. She went straight to the bench right under an old tree; she took her seat while Jongin stood in front of her. Some students were seen having their walk around the place as well but they didn’t give a glance on the two.

“This place is pretty,” Soojung said to him. Jongin nodded.

“I love to go here,” she told him.

“I noticed,” he whispered. Soojung looked up at him and she smiled. Jongin just looked at her aloofly, not showing her on how much she had affected him these few days. He had been wondering on where or what has she been doing.

“How’s your preparation for graduation?” she asked him again, Jongin just shrugged his shoulders, he looked around other than her eyes.

“Where have you been?” he asked her.

“Why? Miss me~?” she teased, he raised an eyebrow, waiting for an answer. She smiled, “just busy with college matters and more stuff.” Jongin just nodded, hands in his pocket. He was staring at the green grasses, although it was still cold early of the year, the grasses were already out.

“Are you planning on going to college after high school?” she asked him.

“I don’t know…” he said then he continued, “were you busy out with Chanyeol?” Soojung stared at him weirdly.

“Why would I?” she chuckled.

“He hasn’t been around much lately as well,” he bluntly said.

“You’re speculating him busy with me?” she asked and he nodded; she laughed, “it’s not me who’s he’s busy with. Didn’t he tell you guys? He’s busy with my best friend, Sulli.” Jongin stopped for a bit, remembering which one was Sulli.

“The girl who kissed him,” he stated and she giggled.

“One and only,” she smiled.

“Haunt him for quite a while,” he snickered. Soojung chuckled as she bit the last of her bread.

“Well I’m glad,” she chuckled. He looked at her and he nodded; he was relieved. Suddenly the bell rang; they bid their goodbyes and for once again Soojung said to him, “I’ll text you later~!” She walked away from him; Jongin heart was once again at ease. Finally.

 

After their ‘reunion’ at the school garden, they had been busy with the graduation preparation. Soojung did texted him occasionally every night and as usual, Jongin would acted like he doesn’t care but he does. He replied at every text and sometimes he would text her first if she didn’t text him on time. 2 weeks passed like a wind and soon they’re on their graduation day. Dressed in their uniform, holding their bouquet of flowers with their proud smiles.

 

Sitting on the second row between Sulli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter